+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Receivers - June 13th 2018

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
First question... I am waiting on a duplicate diploma (original lost), but my school won't have it ready for 4 more months. I have a letter from them explaining that I did graduate, and the details of my program and graduation date, plus, obviously my ECA.

Should I submit the letter in lieu of my diploma and explain in LOE, or should I file an extension and wait for diploma to arrive. If extension, what is the best way to do that? Thanks

Last edited:

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
Do you have to submit your diplomas after getting the ECA?
Yes.

From Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca

• To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
    • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
    • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
  • Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available

robertobolano

Jun 13, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
15-07-2020
Yes.

From Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca

• To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
    • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
    • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
  • Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available
Reading this, I could interpret it as saying that transcripts are an acceptable substitute for diplomas? If so, I can get a transcript no problem. Am I reading this correctly?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Congratulations to everyone who has received or will be receiving an ITA today! :) FYI, when the application for PR pops up on your account, you will have to fill out a lot of additional information, kind of like when you made your EE profile. If you click "continue" at the bottom of the page, it will take you to the section where you can upload files, like your medical information sheet or your PCC. You can go back and forth between these sections as much as you need to-- you can exit the upload section by clicking "exit questionnaire." Clicking "continue" on the information page does not submit your application. Just make sure you "save and exit" whenever you add or modify information. Hope that helps you guys get started!

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Congrats on everyone getting an ITA! Keep logging in to my profile to see if the ITA has arrived yet :p The "You do not have an invitation to apply at this time." seems a little harsh haha. But know it'll come within 24 hours. So happy :)