+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received.. experience of 2 years 11 months counted as 3 years

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
Dear members,

I need your help. I received my ITA today (FSW-Outbound) , but I am really confused !?

I created my profile last month and my score was 456. (with 25 points for foreign work experience)
I have the 1 NOC in the same company: Start date 01/12/2017 till today , which means less than 3 years. I will complete the 3-years on 30/11/2020.
However, on the 1st of November my profile was automatically updated to reflect 3 years of experience, 25 points were added and my CSR went up to 481, so I received today the ITA.
technically, I have only 2 years and 11 months. Is it a glitch in the system ? has anybody encountered a similar issue ?

Should I accept or decline ??

P.S I've already sent an email 3 days ago on in the section "Report a Technical Issue" in my profile but haven't heard back from them yet

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
This question has been answered several times on this forum. Maybe you will be able to find a more complete answer with a simple search.

Short answer: This is a normal issue of the system. If you are still in your current work, keep your ITA and wait until the 3rd year anniversary of your work to submit your full application. That works fine, don't worry.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
It is normal. Accept the ITA and then submit your profile after you actually complete 3 years. It is completely ok. I was in same situation and confirmed this with cic. I passed my eligibility already. Hope it helps.

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
This question has been answered several times on this forum. Maybe you will be able to find a more complete answer with a simple search.

Short answer: This is a normal issue of the system. If you are still in your current work, keep your ITA and wait until the 3rd year anniversary of your work to submit your full application. That works fine, don't worry.
thanks Shomaro

Samy2020

Nov 5, 2020
It is normal. Accept the ITA and then submit your profile after you actually complete 3 years. It is completely ok. I was in same situation and confirmed this with cic. I passed my eligibility already. Hope it helps.
thanks a lot Angel. i have 90 days so just to be on the safe side i will wait for their reply

Reactions: Angel1113

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hello everyone :) I'm super confused!! Could you please take a look at my case?

1) So currently I have 2 years and 10 months of work experience. Can I choose the "3 years and above" option now or do I need to wait for 2 months to fulfill this criteria? What I'm thinking is the current draw score is really high, and it's unlikely it will drop soon anyway; no need to wait for 2 months more?

2) I know that the system calculates work experience from month/01st to month/31st.
  • My first job is from Sept 23th, 2019 to Oct 29th, 2021.
  • My second job is from Nov 1st, 2021 to present (I want to submit my application on Nov 1st, 2022 so I meet the 3 years work experience criteria).
Can I fill up my work experience as:
  • Sept, 2019 - Oct, 2021
  • Nov, 2021 - Nov, 2022;
or since I started my job in Sept 23rd (not Sept 1st), I need to show it as:
  • Oct, 2019 - Oct, 2021
  • Nov, 2021 - Oct, 2022 (since I will submit my profile on Nov 1st, not Nov 31st?)
Am I overthinking it?o_O Please help!

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
Dear members,

I need your help. I received my ITA today (FSW-Outbound) , but I am really confused !?

I created my profile last month and my score was 456. (with 25 points for foreign work experience)
I have the 1 NOC in the same company: Start date 01/12/2017 till today , which means less than 3 years. I will complete the 3-years on 30/11/2020.
However, on the 1st of November my profile was automatically updated to reflect 3 years of experience, 25 points were added and my CSR went up to 481, so I received today the ITA.
technically, I have only 2 years and 11 months. Is it a glitch in the system ? has anybody encountered a similar issue ?

Should I accept or decline ??

P.S I've already sent an email 3 days ago on in the section "Report a Technical Issue" in my profile but haven't heard back from them yet
Did you get your answer to this? I am in same boat. Also i cant complete full 3 now since i already left the company

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023

What if the whole experience is 2 years 11 months and then we left that company? So do we still submit PR application with 2 years 11 months as system considers it as 3 years?

Reactions: Sub2808