+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received before completing 1 year Canadian work experience

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
This is what i received from cic directly

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

Thanks a lot for such detailed explanation! I'll hold the ITA and submit the document next month after the 2-yr anniversary.

Alex Murray

Sep 4, 2019
Hi All,

Help needed!! I appreciate if someone can respond with a most accurate answer for my below query without guessing. Please.

CRS Points: 473 (including one year Canadian work experience)

I'm currently on PGWP

I have created the express entry profile on June 01, 2019. I received ITA under Canadian Experience Class in the following week (on June 12, 2019) draw. However, I will complete my one year Canadian work Experience by July 30th, 2019. Please clarify my below questions.

I got 60 days to respond, ITA is valid until 08th August 2019.

1. Should i accept or decline this invitation.?
OR
2. Shall i accept the received ITA after July 30th 2019 and proceed further in submitting the application??
OR
3. Shall i decline now and accept the next ITA anytime in the month of July 2019.
OR
4. Should i decline now and wait until i complete my 1 year??

Thanks,

Navin
Hi Navin,

Im in similar situation, did you accept ITA before completing 1 year and actually got PR?

thanks

Alex Murray

Sep 4, 2019
Hi All,

Help needed!! I appreciate if someone can respond with a most accurate answer for my below query without guessing. Please.

I'm currently on PGWP

I have created the express entry profile on June 01, 2019. I received ITA under Canadian Experience Class in the following week (on June 12, 2019) draw. However, I will complete my one year Canadian work Experience by July 30th, 2019. Please clarify my below questions.

OR
2. Shall i accept the received ITA after July 30th 2019 and proceed further in submitting the application??
OR
3. Shall i decline now and accept the next ITA anytime in the month of July 2019.
OR

Thanks,

Navin
Hi Navin,

Im in similar situation, did you accept ITA before completing 1 year and actually got PR?

thanks

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi Navin,

thanks
Let one year complete and then apply. On the date of ITA you should have 1 year completed.

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
This is what i received from cic directly

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.
Hello, where is the current status of your application?

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,

I'm currently on PGWP

OR
OR
OR

Thanks,

Navin
Hello, Did you get the PR?

knltwy

Mar 9, 2018
Hong Kong
Next month is your 1 year experience or 2 years?
If next month is 1 year experience and your CRS score is safe (I mean it is high enough). You should decline the ITA and wait until next month to get another ITA. Applicant must meet minimum requirements for CEC at the time of ITA.
If next month is 2 years experience, you can keep this ITA and submit your application after your working anniversary date. It is okay to do this.
Sorry for bringing this up.
For the 1-year Canadian experience situation, what if the applicant meets the minimum requirements for FSW too?
Will the applicants being rejected if he/she can provide the fund documents and treated as FSW?

//at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply//
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

prabhveer

Jul 3, 2021
Hi All,

I'm currently on PGWP

OR
OR
OR

Thanks,

Navin
I have same issue can anyone please help?

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I have received my ITA but I'll complete one year next month.. should I wait to apply and then accept the invitation after I complete one year ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have received my ITA but I'll complete one year next month.. should I wait to apply and then accept the invitation after I complete one year ?
Yes submit your application after you complete your 1 year experience. If you submit your application before it will be refused.

Reactions: Taran D

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019

Absolutely not..
When ever u submit ur application. Visa officer calculates points again during the eligibility process. Ur 1530 hours and 1 yr exp must be completed before u receive the ita.