+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received before completing 1 year Canadian work experience

navin_cnk

Jun 16, 2019
Hi All,

Help needed!! I appreciate if someone can respond with a most accurate answer for my below query without guessing. Please.

CRS Points: 473 (including one year Canadian work experience)

I'm currently on PGWP

I have created the express entry profile on June 01, 2019. I received ITA under Canadian Experience Class in the following week (on June 12, 2019) draw. However, I will complete my one year Canadian work Experience by July 30th, 2019. Please clarify my below questions.

I got 60 days to respond, ITA is valid until 08th August 2019.

1. Should i accept or decline this invitation.?
OR
2. Shall i accept the received ITA after July 30th 2019 and proceed further in submitting the application??
OR
3. Shall i decline now and accept the next ITA anytime in the month of July 2019.
OR
4. Should i decline now and wait until i complete my 1 year??

Thanks,

Navin

Reactions: Prateek1193

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I believe the AOR is the lock date when you actually apply.
see if any senior member answer your query more appropriately

navin_cnk

Jun 16, 2019
I believe the AOR is the lock date when you actually apply.
see if any senior member answer your query more appropriately
So you mean to say that, i can ago ahead and accept the ITA and submit the docs after my one year is complete.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
So you mean to say that, i can ago ahead and accept the ITA and submit the docs after my one year is complete.
Hi @navin_cnk may I have a follow up of the process? I'm facing the similar situation, got CRS score increased May 1 this year while the work anniversary is later next month. Not sure if I should wait until the working anniversary to submit documents, or should decline ITA to wait for another one. Thanks.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Hi @navin_cnk may I have a follow up of the process? I'm facing the similar situation, got CRS score increased May 1 this year while the work anniversary is later next month. Not sure if I should wait until the working anniversary to submit documents, or should decline ITA to wait for another one. Thanks.
did you get the answer to ur question because i have the same question

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Next month is your 1 year experience or 2 years?
If next month is 1 year experience and your CRS score is safe (I mean it is high enough). You should decline the ITA and wait until next month to get another ITA. Applicant must meet minimum requirements for CEC at the time of ITA.
If next month is 2 years experience, you can keep this ITA and submit your application after your working anniversary date. It is okay to do this.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
If next month is 1 year experience and your CRS score is safe (I mean it is high enough). You should decline the ITA and wait until next month to get another ITA. Applicant must meet minimum requirements for CEC at the time of ITA.
If next month is 2 years experience, you can keep this ITA and submit your application after your working anniversary date. It is okay to do this.
Thanks. It will be 2 years.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
If you've mentioned 2 years CEC experience completed and claimed score for that however when your 2nd year is not completed when you received ITA then it would be problem. Would suggest you to wait for another one until you complete your 2nd year if you have mentioned in your application.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
If you've mentioned 2 years CEC experience completed and claimed score for that however when your 2nd year is not completed when you received ITA then it would be problem. Would suggest you to wait for another one until you complete your 2nd year if you have mentioned in your application.
If next month is your 2 years experience. It is okay to accept this ITA, you don't need to decline. What you have to do is to wait until you complete your 2 years and submit your application.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
To be clear: I didn't "claim" the score - the applicants can only fill the starting month (no date) of their working history. The system automatically add the score on the first day of the month before the anniversary.

phdatdt

May 17, 2020
I found this from the Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)

Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.
  • Exceptions
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or
    • (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and
      • (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
I found this from the Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)

Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.
  • Exceptions
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or
    • (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and
      • (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.
Thanks for the information! Although they are described as "an officer MAY issue the visa", still hope that IRCC is lenient to the applicants if they meet the conditions of these exceptions.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi All,

Help needed!! I appreciate if someone can respond with a most accurate answer for my below query without guessing. Please.

CRS Points: 473 (including one year Canadian work experience)

I'm currently on PGWP

I have created the express entry profile on June 01, 2019. I received ITA under Canadian Experience Class in the following week (on June 12, 2019) draw. However, I will complete my one year Canadian work Experience by July 30th, 2019. Please clarify my below questions.

I got 60 days to respond, ITA is valid until 08th August 2019.

1. Should i accept or decline this invitation.?
OR
2. Shall i accept the received ITA after July 30th 2019 and proceed further in submitting the application??
OR
3. Shall i decline now and accept the next ITA anytime in the month of July 2019.
OR
4. Should i decline now and wait until i complete my 1 year??

Thanks,

Navin

This is what i received from cic directly

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
All you have to do is wait until you've completed the 2 years.... It is a known issue the fact that people are sometimes awarded points beforehand, all you have to do is wait until you complete the 2 years and submit the application then.