+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received - 20 days short of 1-year Work experience in same job - PLEASE HELP

Valiant44

Apr 23, 2017
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

I recently received an ITA and while I meet all the requirements (ECA, CLB Level, Funds, numbe of years of works experience, etc), I just noticed that I dont meet the 1 year work experience requirement "in the same job" by 21 days! What does this mean?

According to CIC FSW requirements site:

" Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:
• at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
• paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
• within the last 10 years, and
• at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

All in all I have almost 4 years work experience under the same NOC. I have talked to a lawyer friend and she told me that she has heard of a case in which the applicant had cumulative work experience but had same issue and told me that she was approved for PR. For me to meet the 1 year on the same job requirement, I would have to wait until September and not sure what the score will be doing then. I have read other forums regarding work experience and no one really mentiones the "in the same job" requirement.

My question is:

1) What does this "1-year under the same job" work experience rule mean? I am fairly confused. I have over 1.9 continuos years plus another 0.9 (part time). There is probably a gap of 1 month and one week between jobs (my new hiring manager was on leave).

Can you guys shed some light to this please??

Thank you in advance for your time!

Valiant

Bijin1093

Aug 24, 2017
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

I recently received an ITA and while I meet all the requirements (ECA, CLB Level, Funds, numbe of years of works experience, etc), I just noticed that I dont meet the 1 year work experience requirement "in the same job" by 21 days! What does this mean?

According to CIC FSW requirements site:

" Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:
• at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
• paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
• within the last 10 years, and
• at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

All in all I have almost 4 years work experience under the same NOC. I have talked to a lawyer friend and she told me that she has heard of a case in which the applicant had cumulative work experience but had same issue and told me that she was approved for PR. For me to meet the 1 year on the same job requirement, I would have to wait until September and not sure what the score will be doing then. I have read other forums regarding work experience and no one really mentiones the "in the same job" requirement.

My question is:

1) What does this "1-year under the same job" work experience rule mean? I am fairly confused. I have over 1.9 continuos years plus another 0.9 (part time). There is probably a gap of 1 month and one week between jobs (my new hiring manager was on leave).

Can you guys shed some light to this please??

Thank you in advance for your time!

Valiant
Hi,
Can you share your experience while applying for Pr. Even I have a similar case