+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA on 1st March 2017. Let's connect here

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Zgoodwin said:
Hi
I have a question about fbi clearance..
I am an indian citizen living in Gulf. Can I apply for fbi clearance from India using a channeller approved by fbi..
Is it acceptable with CIC?
No sure what you have in mind. please explain.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Can someone please clerify 2 things for me ?

1. Funds - how to prove them? is pdf statement ok?

2. How many days exactly do we have to submit application? at first it show 91 in an ITA letter but when you exit application is says 60 days. Which one is it?

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Zgoodwin said:
Hi
I have a question about fbi clearance..
I am an indian citizen living in Gulf. Can I apply for fbi clearance from India using a channeller approved by fbi..
Is it acceptable with CIC?
No no and no again. You need to go direct to the FBI.
Channellers are only for green card and US citizens.
Anyone in India telling you this is lying to you as CIC
won't accept this.

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
doro_07 said:
Can someone please clerify 2 things for me ?

1. Funds - how to prove them? is pdf statement ok?

2. How many days exactly do we have to submit application? at first it show 91 in an ITA letter but when you exit application is says 60 days. Which one is it?
For 1.
PDF is fine. You need to show savings / bonds / investments i.e. money that can be liquidated fast if you haven't banked it in but has been in yr investment portfolio for a period of time. So I am liquidating my bonds I held for 6 years and putting it into my savings as proof of funds. I will then get the bank to confirm with a letter this was an investment I made in 2011 and have been paying for the last 6 years. And state the amount I get after liquidating. I will then write a LOE saying it was always intended for savings / immigration / house purchase.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Minx said:
For 1.
PDF is fine. You need to show savings / bonds / investments i.e. money that can be liquidated fast if you haven't banked it in but has been in yr investment portfolio for a period of time. So I am liquidating my bonds I held for 6 years and putting it into my savings as proof of funds. I will then get the bank to confirm with a letter this was an investment I made in 2011 and have been paying for the last 6 years. And state the amount I get after liquidating. I will then write a LOE saying it was always intended for savings / immigration / house purchase.
Thank you that helps. I only wanted to know if statements are ok, coz my money has been on my saving for a year and I didn't know if I have to get extra letter from the bank or if that s enough. I will also attach in this part my husbands contract with his employer, his work permit and our appartment papers as we own one in Poland and we can sell it anytime (a senior once stated here that depending on an officer this can also be a proof of funds, so just in case).

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
No worries doro_07! Sounds like you've got it well planned.

Do you know anything abt ACRO applications? I haven't started mine as I'm waiting
for their customer service to advise on what they mean by show addresses for the last 10 years.
Addresses where I asked? Home country? UK?

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Minx said:
No worries doro_07! Sounds like you've got it well planned.

Do you know anything abt ACRO applications? I haven't started mine as I'm waiting
for their customer service to advise on what they mean by show addresses for the last 10 years.
Addresses where I asked? Home country? UK?
I have never done ACRO, I just got PCC from Poland and FBI (no adress history needed). But I would assume that they mean only UK addresses as it states on their website. They say that if you have lived outside UK for the past 10 years you need to provide the last address from UK before you moved.

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
doro_07 said:
I have never done ACRO, I just got PCC from Poland and FBI (no adress history needed). But I would assume that they mean only UK addresses as it states on their website. They say that if you have lived outside UK for the past 10 years you need to provide the last address from UK before you moved.
ACRO customer service responded below! I can start my application then:

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your email.

The address history should include every address that you have lived at in the last 10 years; this will include both your home country and your UK address(es).

If you have further queries please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section (FAQ) on our website at www.acro.police.uk. Or call the Customer Services department between 07.30 – 19.30 Monday – Friday.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Minx said:
For 1.
Say I am selling my apartment after getting ITA, in a month I'd get money in my account. I'll have proof of the sale deed, will this be accepted or there's an issue?

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
vishalphonsa said:
Say I am selling my apartment after getting ITA, in a month I'd get money in my account. I'll have proof of the sale deed, will this be accepted or there's an issue?
Only proof will be the money in the bank as sale could fall through. Also you need to have
had the money for a specific period of time tho I suppose you could write an LOE telling CIC
you always intended on selling the apt for the move.

I suppose you could strengthen yr case if you had 80% of the money in yr account from savings
or a different source you can prove isn't borrowed and then use the money from the sale as a
big increment.

But check the threads as I'm sure others would be in similar shoes as you i.e. selling property.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
vishalphonsa said:

You need to upload the papers of your appartment and sell contract. If you are really selling your apt you will also have an agreement between parties when it comes to payment - upload them too. usually there's also a downpayment - upload that. You need to go above and beyond to prove them you are really selling.
There's nothing wrong with selling just a lot of papers are required.
Later when you receive the money you will either be asked to send them confirmation or if I were you I would send it anyways.

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a question regarding non-Canadian degree certificates and transcripts, and I really appreciate it if someone could help me.

I am currently in Canada (recently graduated from a Canadian University). When I was applying to this University in Canada (5-years ago), I sent official English translation of my documents to the Graduate Studies of the University. Now they agreed to give me certified copies of the translated documents.
Now my question is can I scan the certified copy of the English translated documents and upload them in Express Entry?

Any opinion and comment is appreciated.

Thanks

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Canada-Ontario said:
Hello guys,

I have a question regarding non-Canadian degree certificates and transcripts, and I really appreciate it if someone could help me.

I am currently in Canada (recently graduated from a Canadian University). When I was applying to this University in Canada (5-years ago), I sent official English translation of my documents to the Graduate Studies of the University. Now they agreed to give me certified copies of the translated documents.
Now my question is can I scan the certified copy of the English translated documents and upload them in Express Entry?

Any opinion and comment is appreciated.

Thanks

I understand that in the past you sent secondary diplomas to the University and now you have a Canadian degree. In this case, certified English copies should be fine.

But if you have any postsecondary non-canadian education you would need ECA from one of recoganized institutions such as WES.

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply.
I have a Canadian PhD degree. My master and bachelor degrees are non-Canadian, but I already have ECA from WES for both of my non-Canadian degrees.
My understanding is that I should submit an english translation of my non-Canadian degrees and transcripts with my application (along with the WES report). For this purpose I am going to submit a certified copy of the english translated documents (degree certificate and transcripts) that I sent to my Canadian University 5 years ago. Do you still think it's fine?

Im just a little bit paranoid here ::)
Thanks

doro_07 said:
I understand that in the past you sent secondary diplomas to the University and now you have a Canadian degree. In this case, certified English copies should be fine.

But if you have any postsecondary non-canadian education you would need ECA from one of recoganized institutions such as WES.

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Canada-Ontario said:
Thanks for the reply.
I have a Canadian PhD degree. My master and bachelor degrees are non-Canadian, but I already have ECA from WES for both of my non-Canadian degrees.
My understanding is that I should submit an english translation of my non-Canadian degrees and transcripts with my application (along with the WES report). For this purpose I am going to submit a certified copy of the english translated documents (degree certificate and transcripts) that I sent to my Canadian University 5 years ago. Do you still think it's fine?

Im just a little bit paranoid here ::)
Thanks

It's more then fine :D You don't need to upload transcripts (CIC has back doors to WES to check them) but you can of course if you want to. All you mentiond is perfect - you are covered :D Just remeber that ECA is valid for 5 years for immigration purposes.