+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA on 1st March 2017. Let's connect here

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Minx said:
Hi all,
Need some feedback on my queries below please.

I am now backtracking and writing to my old companies asking for references - yes sloppy of me but who would think what you did 13 years ago would be relevant?!
Anyways there have been 3 periods in my 13 year career history that I have freelanced.

1) 2009 - 1 year - I worked with an ex colleague to consult for a client on their projects. I have all the invoices I sent to my colleague (he had opened a company so I charged him a fee) and he is
happy to provide me a reference despite his company being dormant now and he is working for a multinational. Will be reference suffice? I dont have any bank statements that go back to 2009.
In between working for this colleague, I also took other freelance jobs for the last 3 months of 09, my colleague was fully aware. I have the contract from the company and also invoices I sent to the company but no
payment receipts were saved. Do I show this to Canadian immigration or just stick to my colleagues reference and me working exclusively for him?

2) After I completed my MA in Sept 2011, I started working freelance but no concrete jobs came in until Oct/Nov 2011 where the work was completed and the client paid me. I have an invoice dated
Nov 2011. In my work history provided to CIC I state I started freelancing from Dec 2011 - May 2012. So would CIC think I was misleading them? To be honest I couldnt remember until I backtracked today.
I started working for an oil and gas giant in June 2012 but I still have invoices sent to clients I wrapped up work for mid June 2012. I assumed I could write a letter for that duration to CIC stating that
I worked with multiple clients, have Word copies of invoices sent to their offices but didnt think to scan and save the payment receipts. Also I have varied income in those months I worked so how do I
state the income?

3) TODAY I am currently freelancing since I finished my 4 month contract position with Heineken from March to June 2016. I took the VSS option from the oil giant in June 2015 and then took a break to the US.My Dad passed away very unexpectedly in Jan 2016 so I didnt want to prioritise work so I mainly took that 1 job and then have been helping ex clients when I feel like it pro bono just to remain sharp. I dont earn anything as I live at home and have been helping my Mum run around sorting my Dads estate out. I stated in my work history to CIC I have been freelancing from June 2016 till today. Can I write a letter stating the above and also attach my Dads death cert and emails that show my attending job interviews looking for senior roles in my industry? Just to showcase what Im doing vs them thinking Im just unemployed.

Any of your kind feedback would be v appreciated. Thank you!

I am a freelancer too and I have run my own business for the past 7 years. What I am doing are the letters from 3rd party/ies stating that I work/ed with them (details), where the salary/payment is stated. I am also sending current invoices and bills that I have been giving to my clients (just a few they don't need a lot). When you write a letter of explanation tell them what is going on if you feel like it.If you don't have references try finding any agreements, deals any documents that state what you did, have been doing. Hope this helps.

Kajol agarwal

Dec 12, 2016
doro_07 said:
Go to/call a different doctor. The reference number was necessary in the past when CIC was issuing medical request after sending application for PR. Right now doctors won't give you the results, they have to upload them to CIC themselves. You should receive a confirmation of a medical taken from your doctor and that is what you upload.

CIC website has plenty of phisicians listed. Go to previous pages in this thread, I posted the link to the list.
I had the same problem today , the lady said there sud be a letter from CIC or UCI number to book the medicals appointment. will the invitation letter in our profile suffice or is there other letter from CIC?
she said from December 15 Canada immigration stopped accepting upfront tests .
this is the only doctor available to me
can some one help

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Kajol agarwal said:
I had the same problem today , the lady said there sud be a letter from CIC or UCI number to book the medicals appointment. will the invitation letter in our profile suffice or is there other letter from CIC?
she said from December 15 Canada immigration stopped accepting upfront tests .
this is the only doctor available to me
can some one help
:eek: I got my appointment no problem and I talked to the lady about the whole procedure and what I posted is what she told me. I specifacally asked her what to bring with me or do I need any documents and she replied that for FSW only passport is needed.
They do not do the upfront only if you want to sposor a spouse or a family member - that is what has changed in December 2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Kajol agarwal

Dec 12, 2016
doro_07 said:
:eek: I got my appointment no problem and I talked to the lady about the whole procedure and what I posted is what she told me. I specifacally asked her what to bring with me or do I need any documents and she replied that for FSW only passport is needed.
They do not do the upfront only if you want to sposor a spouse or a family member - that is what has changed in December 2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
There are two ways you can get an immigration medical exam, depending on the program you’re applying for.

Check the application instructions for the program you are applying for to find out when to get your medical exam.

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.

If you make a refugee claim at a port of entry, a Border Services Officer will tell you to get a medical exam within 30 days.

If you don’t follow these instructions your application may be refused.

this wat it says in CIC . am sorry being a pain in the back . Just trying to clear the ambiguity

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
doro_07 said:
I am a freelancer too and I have run my own business for the past 7 years. What I am doing are the letters from 3rd party/ies stating that I work/ed with them (details), where the salary/payment is stated. I am also sending current invoices and bills that I have been giving to my clients (just a few they don't need a lot). When you write a letter of explanation tell them what is going on if you feel like it.If you don't have references try finding any agreements, deals any documents that state what you did, have been doing. Hope this helps.
Thanks doro_07 for yr thoughtful feedback. I've decided I will write 3 separate letters so the authorities can follow my career and when I was freelancing. Some consultancies I worked with have closed down but I have the contracts sent to me. I have a few payment invoices received as well as emails from the organisations for payments made. Submit those?

Question - with regards to what I stated in my work history ie freelance Dec 2011 and seeing as I was already working and receiving payment in Oct 2011 do you think CIC will find that misleading? Or just careless?

sudeep1201

Feb 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I received the ITA on March 01, 2017. I have a question about PCC for international visits/ stays.

I stayed in London for around 150 days, would I still require a PCC from UK? The website states if anyone has stayed in any other country for 6 months or more, need to submit PCC from that country. Even though my period of stay is less than 180 days, it covers six months (as I stayed there from June to November 2011). I was on a business visa.

Please advise.

paulerdos1729

Feb 23, 2017
sudeep1201 said:
Hi Everyone,

I received the ITA on March 01, 2017. I have a question about PCC for international visits/ stays.

I stayed in London for around 150 days, would I still require a PCC from UK? The website states if anyone has stayed in any other country for 6 months or more, need to submit PCC from that country. Even though my period of stay is less than 180 days, it covers six months (as I stayed there from June to November 2011). I was on a business visa.

Please advise.
I think it's better to get one just to get it out of the way!

Rajveer

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/10/2014[Bc PNP]
Nomination.....
25/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/2016
Med's Request
01/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/02/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2017
LANDED..........
09/05/2017
Kajol agarwal said:
There are two ways you can get an immigration medical exam, depending on the program you’re applying for.

Check the application instructions for the program you are applying for to find out when to get your medical exam.

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.

If you make a refugee claim at a port of entry, a Border Services Officer will tell you to get a medical exam within 30 days.

If you don’t follow these instructions your application may be refused.

this wat it says in CIC . am sorry being a pain in the back . Just trying to clear the ambiguity
I got the upfront medical appointment booked all she told me was to bring the passport as i mentioned to her it was for my express entry and i did not have any document from CIC.

Which province do you live in?

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Rajveer said:
I got the upfront medical appointment booked all she told me was to bring the passport as i mentioned to her it was for my express entry and i did not have any document from CIC.

Which province do you live in?
Same here, I booked my upfront medical last week, did it yesterday. All they required was my passport, a passport photo and my EE number. No other documents were required.

jiya khan

Feb 28, 2017
Hey giys recived my ITA as well.. i am so nervous.. i am sure i would be able to complete the documents that theybasked.. please add me on wjats app group too. 00447903867091

CReddy

Aug 20, 2016
Hi,
I got ITA on 1st march. I am slightly diabetic and i have control on it now by diet and excercise.
Will it cause any issue with medicals?

Thanks

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Minx said:
Thanks doro_07 for yr thoughtful feedback. I've decided I will write 3 separate letters so the authorities can follow my career and when I was freelancing. Some consultancies I worked with have closed down but I have the contracts sent to me. I have a few payment invoices received as well as emails from the organisations for payments made. Submit those?

Question - with regards to what I stated in my work history ie freelance Dec 2011 and seeing as I was already working and receiving payment in Oct 2011 do you think CIC will find that misleading? Or just careless?
I would submit as many documents as possible.You weren't doing anything wrong, freelance is still a job, we just have to prove we don't sit around and do nothing :D Being thorough is better than later regret. :D
When it comes to your work history you can still change the dates in the application. So just addjust the dates and submit supporting documents. You may as well add stuff in your work history, cover the dates. This section allows you to be very detailed. Also remeber that a client can pay you upfront for a job. That's how my clients pay me. So if it is just payment in October and the accual job was done in December - I wouldn't worry.You can explain everything in your letter of explanation if you feel that something can misslead them. This is what this section is for. I know my will be a long one :)

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
sudeep1201 said:
Hi Everyone,

Please advise.
Question is : have you been to London more than those 150 days ( trips, other shorter visits). The 6 month period is not a period in a row. As it says on CIC website if you traveled/worked/visited a country for e.g 2 months and then after few years you came back and stayed 4 months - it counts as 6 months. Then you need PCC. If it was just these 150 days, nothing more - I wouldn't bother getting one. They might ask you later to get one. But if getting PCC is going to make you feel better, safer then do it.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear Seniors,

I need some help. I have applied online after ITA and paid all the fees. Got e-AOR but still my application status is invitation received. When it will become open? Is this normal?

Thanks

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
doro_07 said:
I would submit as many documents as possible.You weren't doing anything wrong, freelance is still a job, we just have to prove we don't sit around and do nothing :D Being thorough is better than later regret. :D
When it comes to your work history you can still change the dates in the application. So just addjust the dates and submit supporting documents. You may as well add stuff in your work history, cover the dates. This section allows you to be very detailed. Also remeber that a client can pay you upfront for a job. That's how my clients pay me. So if it is just payment in October and the accual job was done in December - I wouldn't worry.You can explain everything in your letter of explanation if you feel that something can misslead them. This is what this section is for. I know my will be a long one :)
Thanks doro_07 again so much!! I haven't clicked on accepting my ITA yet as I don't have all my documents in order and I have time. But with the initial submission of my EE, looking at the profile I cannot make changes to the work history. Are you saying once I accept the ITA I can then make changes to the dates and then use the ínvoices and emails as support?

Yes I agree, Id rather supply more supporting documents and an explanation vs later regretting not providing everything JUST IN CASE. True about work only commencing in Dec! I can say negotiations and interviews
took place in Oct and payment came in and I was doing research for the clients website and investments. Thats a great idea thanks.