+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA for OINP May EOI Comrades

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I hope its good news! I hope it wont be rejection. I sent like 3 webforms with various documents that I initially felt were irrelevant :) the officer probably got sick of me. God I hope its not rejection
Also is your BGC complete ? like does it show complete in the tracker ? I am assuming FD means all those 4 sections in tracker show complete.

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
A trick no one had tried before. Let us know if it worked.

Its most definitely not a rejection.
I will, if it work out I think everyone should do it like I did :D

Moonniicka

Jul 17, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
14-09-2023
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Done....
18-09-2023
Also is your BGC complete ? like does it show complete in the tracker ? I am assuming FD means all those 4 sections in tracker show complete.
Tracker hasn't been updated since NOV 21! I have no idea where BGC is at

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Tracker hasn't been updated since NOV 21! I have no idea where BGC is at
Interesting. I feel the tracker and gc key aren't that well synced. My GC key still shows eligibility isnt complete but tracker shows that it is. in your case your FD is complete but tracker still shows BGC. I think some things are updated first in tracker while some things are updated first in gc key.

nenny3311

Jul 12, 2023
I got FD update last Friday and up through Sunday night it was still showing background check in progress on the tracker, no COPR number or anything, got PPR email Monday morning and when I went back in it was all green.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I got FD update last Friday and up through Sunday night it was still showing background check in progress on the tracker, no COPR number or anything, got PPR email Monday morning and when I went back in it was all green.
Our timelines are kinda similar ... let's see what happens. However I am tech and I can see healthcare are processing faster. Let's see what happens. Once you get a PPR email do you directly go to submit your passport and get it back stamped with COPR ? Is that it now ?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Guys I am freaking out right now, I checked my profile and It says as "Final decision - November 27, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. " what the hell does this mean???
Many congratulations! Your ppr is on its way! Woohoooo

Reactions: Moonniicka

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Our timelines are kinda similar ... let's see what happens. However I am tech and I can see healthcare are processing faster. Let's see what happens. Once you get a PPR email do you directly go to submit your passport and get it back stamped with COPR ? Is that it now ?
They stamp a visa and give CoPR as a separate document. After your arrival, the CoPR becomes kind of like your birth certificate. You'll take it to grave. The visa is one time use only as you'll get PR card after that will be used to enter Canada.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
They stamp a visa and give CoPR as a separate document. After your arrival, the CoPR becomes kind of like your birth certificate. You'll take it to grave. The visa is one time use only as you'll get PR card after that will be used to enter Canada.
Okay makes sense.

>CoPR becomes kind of like your birth certificate

until you get a Canadian passport I guess. Also why would you need the COPR after a PR card. Doesnt the PR card supersede the COPR ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Okay makes sense.

until you get a Canadian passport I guess. Also why would you need the COPR after a PR card. Doesnt the PR card supersede the COPR ?
CoPR serves as a proof of landing. PR card is for entry to Canada.

Reactions: kumardinesh12

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Okay makes sense.

You need CoPR to access some services. I have yet to see CoPR being used after your PR card is received. However, I was told that you take it to grave because it can be needed later in life if any issues or discrepancies arise in any system. May be that's just a myth.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
So both are important basically and you need to have both of those until you want to travel to / live in Canada.
You don't need CoPR to travel in/out of Canada except -
1. When you are landing for first time to finalize your PR status
2. When you are not in possession of your PR card - in this case, you are allowed to travel on foot/private vehicle to Canada via US border using signed CoPR

CoPR however is suggested to be secured permanently for lifetime for any situations that may need you to provide your proof of landing.

Reactions: tumblewit