+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA before full year of work?

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hey folks,

I have a question on EE work experience. In EE profile, it looks like the work start/end date is entered by month without exact dates. Does that mean I can receive an ITA before a full year work?

For example, I started my work on Jan 20th 2020, so in EE profile, I entered my work start date as Jan 2020. Let's assume there's an EE draw on Jan 3rd, 2021, will I receive an ITA? If so, can I get a work experience letter before my work anniversary and submit my application? Or I should wait until at least Jan 20th, 2021 to get an experience letter from my company and submit my application?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
You have to wait after Jan 20th to receive an ITA. Accepting one before that could potentially be grounds for refusal. Some persons have gotten their applications refused and some have gotten their applications approved. Essentially, it is up to you to make sure you meet minimum entry criteria before receding an ITA.

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
You have to wait after Jan 20th to receive an ITA. Accepting one before that could potentially be grounds for refusal. Some persons have gotten their applications refused and some have gotten their applications approved. Essentially, it is up to you to make sure you meet minimum entry criteria before receding an ITA.
Thank you!
This is interesting.. They really should fix their system..

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
You’ll receive an ITA on the first draw of Dec, not Jan the following year.

You’ll get 90 days to submit your application upon receipt of ITA. Some people will advise you to wait until at least 19 Jan to submit your application, but some do also say that it’s fine to submit it as soon as you’ve prepared and uploaded all your documents.

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
You’ll receive an ITA on the first draw of Dec, not Jan the following year.

You’ll get 90 days to submit your application upon receipt of ITA. Some people will advise you to wait until at least 19 Jan to submit your application, but some do also say that it’s fine to submit it as soon as you’ve prepared and uploaded all your documents.
I was able to verify this by changing what I have in the system. I guess I will accept ITA a month earlier and submit application after the anniversary