+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA August 2017 Connect here

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
It's so much to remember!!!! I had to call families and friends to see if they remember where I've been ahhahaha

Other than that I'm excited! Hoping to have it all ready and submitted within 2 weeks.
I just noticed you said you will be submitting all documents in 2 weeks. Did you get all of them sorted upfront?

Reactions: Rayyy

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I just noticed you said you will be submitting all documents in 2 weeks. Did you get all of them sorted upfront?
Yep, I have everything ready. I'm going to get my pcc tomorrow and hopefully have it ready to pick up next week. Then I'll send the pcc and my current employment letter for translation.

Have you started yet?

dimidaza

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi all. I am a bit stressed with my documentation, need to get pcc from 4 countries. Already applied for 2...need to get all references as well

Reactions: jman25

Prateek Chawla

Jun 23, 2017
Hey Guys,

Quick question. During document upload phase, for education, should i also scan and include my marksheets of individual semesters in one final pdf for education credentials ? I was thinking of creating one pdf for my BTech which would include Degree and Transcripts and the same for my Master's.

Regards,
Prateek

shawtyzai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HOUSTON
LANDED..........
Texas
Hey Guys,

Quick question. During document upload phase, for education, should i also scan and include my marksheets of individual semesters in one final pdf for education credentials ? I was thinking of creating one pdf for my BTech which would include Degree and Transcripts and the same for my Master's.

Regards,
Prateek
You don't need to do that. Your ECA, WES and IELTS report with your degree certificate only

Reactions: brilew

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
We're going to start on the questions on the website tonight and hopefully have our final document checklist in hand so I can start scanning them and putting them together. Our big hurdle will be the employment letter since the only one we need is from a current employer. Our FBI PCCs should be back by the end of September and we're hoping to submit the app once that's in. If by a miracle the rest come in sooner, we may go the channeler route.

Question: does the travel history (and other histories for that matter) start at 10 years before the ITA or before submitting the application?

Reactions: dimidaza

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Yep, I have everything ready. I'm going to get my pcc tomorrow and hopefully have it ready to pick up next week. Then I'll send the pcc and my current employment letter for translation.

Have you started yet?
Yes, I need to get two more references letters and yet to start on the PCC. I haven't even got my documents checklist let, because I have had a few goof ups on the form I filled in EE so changing all that.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
We're going to start on the questions on the website tonight and hopefully have our final document checklist in hand so I can start scanning them and putting them together. Our big hurdle will be the employment letter since the only one we need is from a current employer. Our FBI PCCs should be back by the end of September and we're hoping to submit the app once that's in. If by a miracle the rest come in sooner, we may go the channeler route.

Question: does the travel history (and other histories for that matter) start at 10 years before the ITA or before submitting the application?
Never thought of the 3 months difference. I would think it's ok if you add additional three months to cover all info, but you could check with senior members to reconfirm on this as I am not 100% sure.

Kotiks

Aug 10, 2017
I currently reside in another country away from my immediate family. My wife and kids are not accompanying me, but they are required to do the medical exam. Can we do the medical exams at different locations but of course at registered panel physicians?
As long as all exams are done by one of the accepted registered practices listed on CIC's site, I would see why not. It's just the UMI Medical Record for each applicant that you need to upload

Note - this is just personal opinion. I am not a lawyer

brilew

Jan 19, 2017
Hey Guys,

Regards,
Prateek
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

This site will give you complete idea.

According to the info provided here
"Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available."
Personally I would make one PDF that contains all documents of btech , likewise for masters. And then another including all transcripts. Please, seniors correct me if I am wrong

brilew

Jan 19, 2017

Before submitting the application ideally. You might have booked tickets to visit another country, or applied for a visa for any other country, anything stamped on your passport needs to be added. So if you plan to submit the application next week, your application must include all details up to the day you apply ie Tim next week.

brilew

Jan 19, 2017
That's pretty much where I am as well!
Anoop and other Indians in this forum, I suggest you apply for PCC as soon as possible. If you had applied in tatkal for your passport, then chances are your police verification is pending . This happened to me when I had applied for PCC. I visited four countries using my passport, but my police verification wasn't done.! They said it was a mistake and it normally happens when we apply for tatkal passport, the police fails to do it's job. So, it took me two months to complete the police verification, and then I had to apply for PCC . I am not saying it happens in every case but it happened with me.
If your police verification on your passport is complete, then you receive PCC on the same day.
So better to be careful rather than wait!

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Anoop and other Indians in this forum, I suggest you apply for PCC as soon as possible. If you had applied in tatkal for your passport, then chances are your police verification is pending . This happened to me when I had applied for PCC. I visited four countries using my passport, but my police verification wasn't done.! They said it was a mistake and it normally happens when we apply for tatkal passport, the police fails to do it's job. So, it took me two months to complete the police verification, and then I had to apply for PCC . I am not saying it happens in every case but it happened with me.
If your police verification on your passport is complete, then you receive PCC on the same day.
So better to be careful rather than wait!
Ohh, didn't know about this. Thanks for a tip. I have to go check if either of us need to get that done.

By the way, I had posted this question on another thread, but thought I would ask you too. Are you a single applicant or applying with spouse? I wanted to know if we really have to get marriage certificate attested or not.