Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
grajdev382 said:
Me and my wife both are in IT and have close to 9 years of experience in Indian IT companies. We are expecting to get PR by end of this year.

Any specific courses/certifications are recommended that are in demand in Canada and will help us land a good job quickly.
I am currently skimming through job websites and understanding what are the requirements...have created a long lists of gaps..prioritised those and trying to fill it up before I start actively looking...e.g cbap certification for BA is something I have noticed in quite a few jobs.. It will however depend on your specific area..

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
cyronn said:
Only a related note I am quite skeptical about getting a job through the jobbank. The website seems hardly adequate. Would love for someone to comment if they got a job, any job (even non IT), using the job bank while they were going through the PR process.
You may need to create a new thread for that. On the same note though, CIC mentioned that Employers who cannot find a suitable Canadian candidate can reach out to potential candidates via Job Bank. I haven't heard of this occurring to date. So it would be interesting to really determine how effective or neccessary Job Bank really is.

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grajdev382 said:
Me and my wife both are in IT and have close to 9 years of experience in Indian IT companies. We are expecting to get PR by end of this year.

Any specific courses/certifications are recommended that are in demand in Canada and will help us land a good job quickly.
What are your specializations in IT?

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregrdyer said:
Hey guys,

I too have been actively looking for IT Jobs. My NOC is 2171 though I could also use 2175. I read somewhere in an article on CanadaVisa.com and another immigration site that NOC 2171 was in demand in the Ontario province, hence the reason for choosing 2171 over 2175.

My CRS is 440, I'm married with one child (both dependents are on my EE application), I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology and an MBA. I had hoped to score a higher CRS but being married and 36 years of age does not help. Hopefully I'd get an ITA before the end of the year.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I honestly believe it would be easier to get a job once you have PR status. I have sent out over 500 job applications and most of those that were interested in my application asked me to confirm whether or not I have permission to work. Once the response is NO, you get pushed aside.
As per my knowledge so far in Canada. It is waste of time to apply for jobs from Outside Canada. Even when you land in Canada, all that people ask is Canadian Experience and Canadian Reference (international reference might not work). Please be assured that you will get temporary jobs and Canada will one day absorb you. Only thing is it might take time, please be prepared for it.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
gregrdyer said:
You may need to create a new thread for that. On the same note though, CIC mentioned that Employers who cannot find a suitable Canadian candidate can reach out to potential candidates via Job Bank. I haven't heard of this occurring to date. So it would be interesting to really determine how effective or neccessary Job Bank really is.
I have not heard any one getting a job through job bank...it is one of the worst designed site I have ever seen..one more thing I believe needed to land a job is to start networking...I have started the process of identifying friends\ seniors who are in canada and in different it companies..it would be odd if I contact them immediately for a job so bit of hello and how now..and informing them to keep a lookout for opening s.. :)

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyka said:
I have not heard any one getting a job through job bank...it is one of the worst designed site I have ever seen..one more thing I believe needed to land a job is to start networking...I have started the process of identifying friends\ seniors who are in canada and in different it companies..it would be odd if I contact them immediately for a job so bit of hello and how now..and informing them to keep a lookout for opening s.. :)
You will need network for sure, how much people/friends/relatives will help is another question for a later date. Please keep contacting your people/friends/family in Canada.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
karunya.vemulapalli said:
You will need network for sure, how much people/friends/relatives will help is another question for a later date. Please keep contacting your people/friends/family in Canada.
Yup that is a point..but the positive thing is for it companies inter company transfer to Canada is difficult nowadys lot of rejections..I have also done a comparative study of the jobs which comes to market in UK and Canada..and it is much high in Canada..which indicates they are not able to bring people..in UK at least u get 1 yr short term...and about the contacting part you need to contact the right people..for eg..BRMs. Who need to fulfill the requirements, there is always short fall of good candidates..that I know from my own exp..I interview at least 10 person every day for BA openings here and I feel lucky if I get even 1....

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
let me know what exactly you guys are looking and what difficulties you all are facing.....

i may share some exp or knowledge depending upon situation....

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyka said:
Yup that is a point..but the positive thing is for it companies inter company transfer to Canada is difficult nowadys lot of rejections..I have also done a comparative study of the jobs which comes to market in UK and Canada..and it is much high in Canada..which indicates they are not able to bring people..in UK at least u get 1 yr short term...and about the contacting part you need to contact the right people..for eg..BRMs. Who need to fulfill the requirements, there is always short fall of good candidates..that I know from my own exp..I interview at least 10 person every day for BA openings here and I feel lucky if I get even 1....
Well it is completely different here (Canada) from UK. I worked for NHS Nottingham (QMC) for 2 years before I left to my home country. Atleast they didn't ask me for UK experience or UK reference.

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
let me know what exactly you guys are looking and what difficulties you all are facing.....

i may share some exp or knowledge depending upon situation....
Hey ntwkengg... sorry for this question but are you in Canada?

Apr 25, 2015
I am seeking IT job in Canada under NOC 2173. I have 15+ yrs of experience. Ihave been applying through monster and workopolis etc. but looks like it's all waste of efforts applying through outland. Wish Canadian employer were as smart as US employers. I seriously doubt if even a fraction of employers know what LMIA is. And a fraction of employers who know what LMIA is would dare to move forward with LMIA. It looks like dead end situation to me since I had been applying for job for last 5 months. Thoughts? Suggestions?

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev_k_gupta said:
I am seeking IT job in Canada under NOC 2173. I have 15+ yrs of experience. Ihave been applying through monster and workopolis etc. but looks like it's all waste of efforts applying through outland. Wish Canadian employer were as smart as US employers. I seriously doubt if even a fraction of employers know what LMIA is. And a fraction of employers who know what LMIA is would dare to move forward with LMIA. It looks like dead end situation to me since I had been applying for job for last 5 months. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Hi Sanjeev

sent you a personal message.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karunya.vemulapalli said:
Kool I am looking for technica support/desktop support/ Helpdesk operations/ITIL Certified. 8 years experience in the field.
great so are you in canada?