karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrackIT said:
Never mind :) there is not much that can be done by anyone except the cutoff gets lower in EE. so the applicants who applied before december 2014 have a different process for PR when compared to the applicants trying to apply after January 1st 2015. Basically its a points and draw based system for PR now. Moving forward yeah the job process was extremely painful for me however I got one but my time is running out for applying PR. I would suggest to think twice before getting in to the consultancies and never sign a contract for getting jobs with them.
Hmm, where did you do the volunteer work before you got a job in IT?

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
karunya.vemulapalli said:
Its been 3 months in Canada, Myself and my wife have come here. Jobs are there to see online but when you apply there is nothing that is coming up. Many people ask for Canadian Experience or Canadian Reference. If you dont have any of this you are gone, it will take a while to get a job.

It is easy to get a temp job here but you will miss out on your main stream jobs. I am not from any consultant.

I have 8 yrs experience in Desktop Support/Technical Support/Operations/ worked with companies like GE Money, NHS (UK based, I lived in UK for 4 years) and CtrlS (Hyderabad, India).

My wife has 9 years experience in Testing worked for IBM India and Oracle India.

I wanted to create a group where people can share they thoughts about IT job searching in Canada.

There are couple of consultants and we are in touch with them about testing jobs in Canada. There is quite a huge market for software testing in Canada. All you need is Canadian experience or Canadian Reference.

Let me know if you any further questions.
I would strongly urge you to look into placement agencies. Yes, it might hurt initially to give away 20% of your pay however it will give you a start. After graduating from within Canada itself there was a huge shortage of IT jobs. Every job required 5-6 yrs experience, personally I must have spammed the whole internet and job board with resumes and created profiles on monster, indeed, Workopolis, multiple agencies etc and then finally landed a successful job through placement agency. Recently I was offered a full-time within the same company so no more money sharing. Don't feel demotivated, just do your best. The placement agency I went through is called PROCOM, they are one of the best IT placement agencies in Canada.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
karunya.vemulapalli said:
Hmm, where did you do the volunteer work before you got a job in IT?
Check your inbox,I have sent you the details.

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dilbert said:
I would strongly urge you to look into placement agencies. Yes, it might hurt initially to give away 20% of your pay however it will give you a start. After graduating from within Canada itself there was a huge shortage of IT jobs. Every job required 5-6 yrs experience, personally I must have spammed the whole internet and job board with resumes and created profiles on monster, indeed, Workopolis, multiple agencies etc and then finally landed a successful job through placement agency. Recently I was offered a full-time within the same company so no more money sharing. Don't feel demotivated, just do your best. The placement agency I went through is called PROCOM, they are one of the best IT placement agencies in Canada.
Thank you

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Applying through NOC 2171. Brief background: 6+ years IT experience, MBA (in Systems, IT and HR) from one of the better IIMs, B.Tech in IT, Married (applying with my wife who's a lawyer)

Currently filed EE (CRS 461) and waiting for ITA. Haven't started job search yet. Was planning to worry about job search after I get the ITA and submit all my docs :D

Any tips on how to go on with a job search? All I can think of is to apply in as many jobsites as possible, linkedin etc. I am not sure how likely it is to get a job while the PR process is going on. Am assuming I would need to be on the ground to get a job. Any advice would be appreciated :)

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
cyronn said:
Applying through NOC 2171. Brief background: 6+ years IT experience, MBA (in Systems, IT and HR) from one of the better IIMs, B.Tech in IT, Married (applying with my wife who's a lawyer)

Currently filed EE (CRS 461) and waiting for ITA. Haven't started job search yet. Was planning to worry about job search after I get the ITA and submit all my docs :D

Any tips on how to go on with a job search? All I can think of is to apply in as many jobsites as possible, linkedin etc. I am not sure how likely it is to get a job while the PR process is going on. Am assuming I would need to be on the ground to get a job. Any advice would be appreciated :)
As per my research ( I have quite a few colleagues in Canada)you will need the PR done before you can start any meaningful search...As in all developed economies lot of jobs are through reference ; so in the meantime I think you can try to search for contacts through your alumni network...another option would be to join an IT company who have presence in Canada and get yourself transferred once you have PR-this will solve the Canadian exp issue..I also have info from reliable source that it is getting difficult to get a work permit sponsored(lot of rejections). So good for PR holders. ;D by the way I am also in Noc 2171 with most of my 7 yrs exp in Uk geography..working for a Indian it company for big uk banks..

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
deyka said:
As per my research ( I have quite a few colleagues in Canada)you will need the PR done before you can start any meaningful search...As in all developed economies lot of jobs are through reference ; so in the meantime I think you can try to search for contacts through your alumni network...another option would be to join an IT company who have presence in Canada and get yourself transferred once you have PR-this will solve the Canadian exp issue..I also have info from reliable source that it is getting difficult to get a work permit sponsored(lot of rejections). So good for PR holders. ;D by the way I am also in Noc 2171 with most of my 7 yrs exp in Uk geography..working for a Indian it company for big uk banks..
Thanks. That's what I was also thinking, that a PR in hand will make it easier to find work as opposed to breaking my head over a job now itself when I am so early in my application. All the best to you deyka!

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
Me and my wife both are in IT and have close to 9 years of experience in Indian IT companies. We are expecting to get PR by end of this year.

Any specific courses/certifications are recommended that are in demand in Canada and will help us land a good job quickly.

mohammed8960

Aug 3, 2015
i have 7 years Experience with Web and Mobile Apps Development. working with PHP, Python, Ruby for Web Development, Objective C and Java for IOS and Android Apps Development

have 404 CRS Point hopefully to receive ITA next year

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
IT Guys,

What NOC would you advise for an Infrastructure guy...Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare etc.

Systems/Network Admin fall under NOC 2281, however that NOC doesn't even need a degree. I have bachelors in Engineering and Masters in Business.

I'm thinking 2147? Anyone is similar situation?

I have over 8 years experience in this

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Hey guys,

I too have been actively looking for IT Jobs. My NOC is 2171 though I could also use 2175. I read somewhere in an article on CanadaVisa.com and another immigration site that NOC 2171 was in demand in the Ontario province, hence the reason for choosing 2171 over 2175.

My CRS is 440, I'm married with one child (both dependents are on my EE application), I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology and an MBA. I had hoped to score a higher CRS but being married and 36 years of age does not help. Hopefully I'd get an ITA before the end of the year.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I honestly believe it would be easier to get a job once you have PR status. I have sent out over 500 job applications and most of those that were interested in my application asked me to confirm whether or not I have permission to work. Once the response is NO, you get pushed aside.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
gregrdyer said:
Hey guys,

I too have been actively looking for IT Jobs. My NOC is 2171 though I could also use 2175. I read somewhere in an article on CanadaVisa.com and another immigration site that NOC 2171 was in demand in the Ontario province, hence the reason for choosing 2171 over 2175.

My CRS is 440, I'm married with one child (both dependents are on my EE application), I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology and an MBA. I had hoped to score a higher CRS but being married and 36 years of age does not help. Hopefully I'd get an ITA before the end of the year.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I honestly believe it would be easier to get a job once you have PR status. I have sent out over 500 job applications and most of those that were interested in my application asked me to confirm whether or not I have permission to work. Once the response is NO, you get pushed aside.
I had a similar experience.

I created a new Resume stating i am an intending immigrant, and used it to apply for several IT jobs. Once of the recruiters got back to me to say that I should contact her after i have landed :D ;D

I kept her details safely.

What they don't know is that we are looking for the jobs to help us be in a position to get PR

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Only a related note I am quite skeptical about getting a job through the jobbank. The website seems hardly adequate. Would love for someone to comment if they got a job, any job (even non IT), using the job bank while they were going through the PR process.