29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
deyka said:
he has 7 yrs exp ,post Mba, has worked for quite a few banks as it BA, has client site exp but mostly in Asia(Singapore)... I think even with Canadian degree and just 2-3 yrs of exp..if some one is expecting 75 k Isn't it a bit too much....
You are absolutely right ! expecting that for Toronto is bit more. But as far as I know Alberta will pay you much better, this is just my opinion.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
TrackIT said:
You are absolutely right ! expecting that for Toronto is bit more. But as far as I know Alberta will pay you much better, this is just my opinion.
heared the same about Alberta BA working with oil companies get a very good package...but not sure what is the situation nowadays. With crude price dropping if it has impacted it spend...

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Hello all,
I am from India and have the following work experience.
1. Jan 2009-may 2012 worked for US healthcare, resolving AR.
2. Jun 2012-Oct 2014 worked as an admin. assistant (coordination analyst).
At present I am not working. I also have a coupllle of months of experience in a typical call center environment as a technical support agent..
What are my chances of getting a job?
Also I was planning to put my NOC for admin assistant as primary. Will that help ke in getting invite from provinces or shooild I switch to US healthcare work exp as primary NOC.
Pls advice.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well!

Really. I have been in Canada for 2 years now and have close to 7 years experience in IT. I have networked, cold called, tried meet ups and what not. I have a job currently, by God's grace but it's way low profile given my background. And it's so tough to even get a call forget attending an interview. I am hoping to get an ITA tomorrow and I have my work permit till next May. I really desperately want to change my job but there is nothing that even converts to an interview. I have been frantically applying.
Why is Canada so archaic and rigid!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
TECC_Seneca said:
Well!

Really. I have been in Canada for 2 years now and have close to 7 years experience in IT. I have networked, cold called, tried meet ups and what not. I have a job currently, by God's grace but it's way low profile given my background. And it's so tough to even get a call forget attending an interview. I am hoping to get an ITA tomorrow and I have my work permit till next May. I really desperately want to change my job but there is nothing that even converts to an interview. I have been frantically applying.
Why is Canada so archaic and rigid!
My friends in Canada tell me that it's easier for Canadians and PR's to get jobs. Hopefully u become PR and things will become easier.

Hang on

qaz

Jan 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am 31 years old now, Bsc of system engineering with close to 9 yrs working experience of full stack developer, married with 1 boy. CRS is 346. Working at Bank in Hong Kong, System Analyst. IELTS is band 7.

Got a job offer from Toronto through a good friend who is a headhunter of IT jobs in Canada. Now is still waiting for the LMIA things, and seriously don't know when is gonna be done. Since May 2015 to now.

Don't think I can get ITA in this year unless my LMIA dramatically approved before Dec. Hopefully, something will be changed after Canada Selection.

I believe people here are very talented and smart, just the policy makes everyone get frustrated and down.

I have some suggestions for people who already landed in Canada:

-Try to search for startup company if you have your PR, they usually welcome people who have no Canadian experience and pay is not bad, just you need to bear the risk that it might not very stable

-Look for a headhunter to do job searching! They should know the market more than you, and seriously applying online is useless, Large companies like to hire people through headhunter. Posting online is just one of the procedure of what HR needs to do. (My wife is working at HR)

-If you still cannot get a job you want, dont give up ! Go get a licence of something like property agent/driving coach or work on some freelance. Dont let yourself down with doing nothing in Canada.

Relatives experiences:

My uncle got his PR when he was 20ish (It was very easy to get one by that time), he landed but left the country and went back to Hong Kong until he got married with a girl at age 39. Before he moves to Canada, he is an Accountant, he was trying so hard to find a job in Canada but he had no luck by the time. He didnt give up at all, He has a small family that he needs to take care and end up he decided to apply a licence of property agent in Canada. At first he worked for a some local agency company and earn the commission and after 10 yrs hard working he opened his own firms at Markham and living pretty well there.

To share this story is not asking all you guys follow what he did, just want to let all you know how to adapt the situation that is not what you expected. Use your talent to build up your career instead of just sending out the resume.

Good luck to all ! Hope I can move to Canada in one day =)

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaz said:
Hi everyone,

I am 31 years old now, Bsc of system engineering with close to 9 yrs working experience of full stack developer, married with 1 boy. CRS is 346. Working at Bank in Hong Kong, System Analyst. IELTS is band 7.

Got a job offer from Toronto through a good friend who is a headhunter of IT jobs in Canada. Now is still waiting for the LMIA things, and seriously don't know when is gonna be done. Since May 2015 to now.

Don't think I can get ITA in this year unless my LMIA dramatically approved before Dec. Hopefully, something will be changed after Canada Selection.

I believe people here are very talented and smart, just the policy makes everyone get frustrated and down.

I have some suggestions for people who already landed in Canada:

-Try to search for startup company if you have your PR, they usually welcome people who have no Canadian experience and pay is not bad, just you need to bear the risk that it might not very stable

-Look for a headhunter to do job searching! They should know the market more than you, and seriously applying online is useless, Large companies like to hire people through headhunter. Posting online is just one of the procedure of what HR needs to do. (My wife is working at HR)

-If you still cannot get a job you want, dont give up ! Go get a licence of something like property agent/driving coach or work on some freelance. Dont let yourself down with doing nothing in Canada.

Relatives experiences:

My uncle got his PR when he was 20ish (It was very easy to get one by that time), he landed but left the country and went back to Hong Kong until he got married with a girl at age 39. Before he moves to Canada, he is an Accountant, he was trying so hard to find a job in Canada but he had no luck by the time. He didnt give up at all, He has a small family that he needs to take care and end up he decided to apply a licence of property agent in Canada. At first he worked for a some local agency company and earn the commission and after 10 yrs hard working he opened his own firms at Markham and living pretty well there.

To share this story is not asking all you guys follow what he did, just want to let all you know how to adapt the situation that is not what you expected. Use your talent to build up your career instead of just sending out the resume.

Good luck to all ! Hope I can move to Canada in one day =)
Inspirational story thank you :)

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Hey All,

I have been reading through this thread and read most of your concerns. I have been there, done that. I came here on a student permit in 2011 and started working here by Aug 2012. Same job for over 3 years now. Got my PR too nearly 2 years ago now. Time flies.

I work in IT as a Project Lead. I manage the SAP systems in a multinational company based in South Western Ontario. We currently have no requirements in SAP, but you never know. We just expanded to Europe with centralized IT in Canada. There would always be future requirements for consultants and developers. Please contact me if you need any help. Unfortunately I agree with most of the posts in that a PR makes it easier to get an interview call. Please don't bother contacting me if you are not already in Canada. Let me try and help any way i can.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I have seen people waiting from 6 months to a year to get a job with masters level education. Finding job is a skill. You have to tailor your resume as per the job. I am not saying lie I am saying is look at the job you are applying and high light your past experience related to the job requirement. Key words should be there so that ur resume gets picked in their automated searches. dont just go copy pasting same resume for every job u apply.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Finding a job in IT is tough here. I am on my PGWP which expires at the end of next year. Lots of part time jobs for web maintenance but helpful for PR people and not for us as they are self employment jobs. Luckily one of my clients agreed to hire me on payroll thats why in a bit safer situation or else its really hard. One way to get job is to get into a program with co-op. Generally they hire people from co-op but once you miss that opportunity its really hard to get into the industry. Yes there are fresher jobs but all fresher jobs require 2-3 years of experience. Also i guess the bigger companies hire new grads mostly from Universities and not from colleges. Also its tough to do volunteer jobs for long time...without pay its really hard to survive here.

Also dont look at the standard pays that Canadian Govt has posted..you will always be paid lower especially when you are a starter here.

One suggestion I can provide to all new immigrants, its not heaven and you better be ready to work really hard. Basically when you get selected from another country means you are already stable over there...so Canada is for those people who are willing to prove themselves again starting from SCRATCH.You may have to go for survival jobs too. If you dont want this and want to enjoy your stable life then stay wherever you are.

I am sure many people will disagree with me but believe me not everyone is lucky :)

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
mead said:
I have seen people waiting from 6 months to a year to get a job with masters level education. Finding job is a skill. You have to tailor your resume as per the job. I am not saying lie I am saying is look at the job you are applying and high light your past experience related to the job requirement. Key words should be there so that ur resume gets picked in their automated searches. dont just go copy pasting same resume for every job u apply.
This is where i got stuck..i tried to change from web development to QA. But the employers wont listen as I didnt have hands on QA experience. But doing the same program my friends got into QA because their co-op was also on QA and mine was web development. And about the QA industry, there are bunch of people who are from non-it field but simply got the job because of their resume. For a QA role I have even been there for an interview at one of the Biggest Financial Institutions in Canada(cant say the name directly lol) and the interviewer didnt show up. They were to call me another day for the interview but that date never came till date.

karunya.vemulapalli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hyderabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sensay said:
This is where i got stuck..i tried to change from web development to QA. But the employers wont listen as I didnt have hands on QA experience. But doing the same program my friends got into QA because their co-op was also on QA and mine was web development. And about the QA industry, there are bunch of people who are from non-it field but simply got the job because of their resume. For a QA role I have even been there for an interview at one of the Biggest Financial Institutions in Canada(cant say the name directly lol) and the interviewer didnt show up. They were to call me another day for the interview but that date never came till date.

Check your inbox

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Pls check your inbox.

Tnx.

ghatot201 said:
Hey All,

I have been reading through this thread and read most of your concerns. I have been there, done that. I came here on a student permit in 2011 and started working here by Aug 2012. Same job for over 3 years now. Got my PR too nearly 2 years ago now. Time flies.

I work in IT as a Project Lead. I manage the SAP systems in a multinational company based in South Western Ontario. We currently have no requirements in SAP, but you never know. We just expanded to Europe with centralized IT in Canada. There would always be future requirements for consultants and developers. Please contact me if you need any help. Unfortunately I agree with most of the posts in that a PR makes it easier to get an interview call. Please don't bother contacting me if you are not already in Canada. Let me try and help any way i can.