+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It is very hard to believe but it is true

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Hi all senior i want to share my girlfriend citizenship application story .

Today she received email for test invite.

She completed her CIT0002 very carefully, but two days before she found she made an error in Question 11 she forgot to enter one employer name, But we checked her application today and found she wrote full five years period and without GAP. Last year she worked 3 place together and forgot to write one employer.

She is planning to send an email to let knows CIC that she made an error in Question 11.

But same time she is confused too. should she send email or skip it.

Here is her employer details last year.

2017 jan to sep Winners
2017 aug to oct subway
2017 sep to sep end, hudson bay ( she forgot )

Please advise what she should do now.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
When she does the test, she will have an interview. I'm sure others will advise, but I would be inclined to bring it up there, for the sake of having the record be correct as memory allows.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When she does the test, she will have an interview. I'm sure others will advise, but I would be inclined to bring it up there, for the sake of having the record be correct as memory allows.
It doesn't change her eligibility but hiding facts can be seen as misrepresentation. The safest thing to do would be to use the web form to inform IRCC of the error. If she hasn't heard from them by the time of her interview, she should mention it to the officer. But I'd definitely be inclined to let them know ahead of time - to protect her own back.

Remember, IRCC have no issues with errors - they happen. But not declaring known facts is a problem.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
It doesn't change her eligibility but hiding facts can be seen as misrepresentation. The safest thing to do would be to use the web form to inform IRCC of the error. If she hasn't heard from them by the time of her interview, she should mention it to the officer. But I'd definitely be inclined to let them know ahead of time - to protect her own back.

Remember, IRCC have no issues with errors - they happen. But not declaring known facts is a problem.

Sorry to jump in the middle

When got test invite means they already checked everything and Cic wouldn’t mind for that error

Also test is already invited now any correction can be delay for the entair processing

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to jump in the middle

When got test invite means they already checked everything and Cic wouldn’t mind for that error

Also test is already invited now any correction can be delay for the entair processing
There is no such thing as they "wouldn't mind that error". This information can also be used for background checks. Failing to make the correction when you know of the fact is misrepresentation and is technically grounds for revocation of citizenship. While it's unlikely, it's actually possible. Also, the test invite doesn't always mean everything completed - sometimes other checks are completed after the test.

So, ignore this bad advice and inform them.

Reactions: vasvas

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
There is no such thing as they "wouldn't mind that error". This information can also be used for background checks. Failing to make the correction when you know of the fact is misrepresentation and is technically grounds for revocation of citizenship. While it's unlikely, it's actually possible. Also, the test invite doesn't always mean everything completed - sometimes other checks are completed after the test.

So, ignore this bad advice and inform them.
I agree with you and your thinking is more logical

But are you sure it will not make any delay
Processing

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you and your thinking is more logical

But are you sure it will not make any delay
Processing
It's very unlikely to cause any delay, however, there are never any guarantees when it comes to IRCC. But really, it doesn't actually matter. It's the only way to know your Citizenship is fully secure. So do the right thing and fill in the webform!

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
It's very unlikely to cause any delay, however, there are never any guarantees when it comes to IRCC. But really, it doesn't actually matter. It's the only way to know your Citizenship is fully secure. So do the right thing and fill in the webform!
Hello
This make me worries now we input everything all the full time jobs we had for 5 years...but we don’t include the part time jobs??? Is it necessary to put it??if so, can I use the web form now to correct it???? We’re waiting for test invite too...hope you can advise me☹

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is necessary. That's why they ask the question.

Choosing to leave stuff out is misrepresentation. It's your choice. You don't need to be worried - just fix the problem and you'll have nothing to worry about.

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
It is necessary. That's why they ask the question.

Choosing to leave stuff out is misrepresentation. It's your choice. You don't need to be worried - just fix the problem and you'll have nothing to worry about.
Ok thanks..I’ll use the web form now..

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I would suggest that you just be factual and brief in the submission. If you're writing more than a few sentences explaining the mistake, you're probably writing too much...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To whom it may concern,

I have just realised that I missed out a period of employment in my application submission. During XX - XX I was employed by XX as an XX. The address of employment was XX.

If you require any further information or documentation, please let me know.

Sincerely,

*Your name*

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
To whom it may concern,

I have just realised that I missed out a period of employment in my application submission. During XX - XX I was employed by XX as an XX. The address of employment was XX.

If you require any further information or documentation, please let me know.

Sincerely,

*Your name*

Many many thanks