+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It could be that EE is predominantly targeting non-PRs in Canada

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The new EE system is possibly targeting non-PRs in Canada and is meant as a way to bring the immigration flock from abroad to a halt, at the least for this year. Here is my reasoning:

1- There is no declared occupation list. It doesn't make any other sense then the above for Canada to not specify any NOCs this year. EE cannot serve Canadian market needs without NOC specification. But it can very much serve to the purpose of clearing out as much non-PRs in Canada as possible and making them PRs. If the system was NOC-specific, CIC would have hindered their ability to target non-PRs already in Canada.
2- Job Bank is still not operational. The chances of someone outside Canada to get an LMIA is close to a miracle. For someone already in Canada and working, it is much simpler. 600 points awarded to LMIA only means one thing: CIC is effectively and deliberately killing off any competition from abroad.
3- The only open way for outsiders seems to be PNP which is quite restrictive in itself.

There is no way to compete with non-PRs in Canada, and I am afraid CIC knew it all along. I believe they designed the system to serve exactly that purpose, at least for this year.

Feel free to contribute.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
I agree. With CIC not declaring the break up of ITA given with respect to NOC, i doubt the same.

But there are instances when CRS score selected was withing 450-500. SO there is some hope for applicants outside Canada.

Fingers crossed !!

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was some sort of a hush money, if you ask me. I do hope I am wrong, and the score will come down as mine is at 401, but honestly, I don't think it will.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
haznac said:
The new EE system is possibly targeting non-PRs in Canada and is meant as a way to bring the immigration flock from abroad to a halt, at the least for this year. Here is my reasoning:

1- There is no declared occupation list. It doesn't make any other sense then the above for Canada to not specify any NOCs this year. EE cannot serve Canadian market needs without NOC specification. But it can very much serve to the purpose of clearing out as much non-PRs in Canada as possible and making them PRs. If the system was NOC-specific, CIC would have hindered their ability to target non-PRs already in Canada.
2- Job Bank is still not operational. The chances of someone outside Canada to get an LMIA is close to a miracle. For someone already in Canada and working, it is much simpler. 600 points awarded to LMIA only means one thing: CIC is effectively and deliberately killing off any competition from abroad.
3- The only open way for outsiders seems to be PNP which is quite restrictive in itself.

There is no way to compete with non-PRs in Canada, and I am afraid CIC knew it all along. I believe they designed the system to serve exactly that purpose, at least for this year.

Feel free to contribute.
of course they want to select those who are already here and are working because they will intergrate more easily. Hence why having canadian work experience is given more points. Those with PGWP or longer term IEC's are given greater priority because they are in the country and already working therefore most likely having made bonds and a start at integrating with the canadian culture.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
Tell me more about how a non-PR in Canada can get a LMIA much more simpler than one that is aboard. I really hope you are joking. Plus complaining about anyone in Canada or not is not the right thing to do now. Increase your score and wait patiently.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Nowadays jobs are less in the market hence difficult to get LMIA?

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
JohnsonBthe1 said:
Tell me more about how a non-PR in Canada can get a LMIA much more simpler than one that is aboard. I really hope you are joking. Plus complaining about anyone in Canada or not is not the right thing to do now. Increase your score and wait patiently.
Way easier. Employers are far more likely to apply for an LMIA for a current employee who is already working and contributing to their business. Much less likely (especially how risk adverse canadians are) applying for one for someone they have never really met before and not tested their organisational fit.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
haznac said:
That was some sort of a hush money, if you ask me.
Hush money? From who, to who?

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Way easier. Employers are far more likely to apply for an LMIA for a current employee who is already working and contributing to their business. Much less likely (especially how risk adverse canadians are) applying for one for someone they have never really met before and not tested their organisational fit.
Most of the non-PR workers in Canada are from CEC program, where PGWP holders takes a huge portion. Tell me how you prove a new-grad could not be replaced by a Canadian. Plus you will need a separate offer and a separate work permit in order to work under LMIA. The employer also need to provide continuously proof to CIC to show that the applicant is irreplaceable. Most of the employer don't even bother looking into what LMIA is. So stop telling me that "it's way easier to get it in Canada" or "CIC is so unfair". LMIA is hard to get no matter where you are.

And what's below is a it offensive but not to you personally. I don't know since when all the applicants aboard starting to targeting the applicants in Canada. Not to mention that the commitment and efforts in-Canada applicants have put into immigration, it is just wrong to target any applicants in this forum. The forum is suppose to union everyone and support each other and provide useful info. Stop being childish and grow up! With the time to complain about how shitty you were treated, go work hard on your English score or PNP or whatever to get yourselves out of the shitload

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
JohnsonBthe1 said:
Most of the non-PR workers in Canada are from CEC program, where PGWP holders takes a huge portion. Tell me how you prove a new-grad could not be replaced by a Canadian. Plus you will need a separate offer and a separate work permit in order to work under LMIA. The employer also need to provide continuously proof to CIC to show that the applicant is irreplaceable. Most of the employer don't even bother looking into what LMIA is. So stop telling me that "it's way easier to get it in Canada" or "CIC is so unfair". LMIA is hard to get no matter where you are.

And what's below is a it offensive but not to you personally. I don't know since when all the applicants aboard starting to targeting the applicants in Canada. Not to mention that the commitment and efforts in-Canada applicants have put into immigration, it is just wrong to target any applicants in this forum. The forum is suppose to union everyone and support each other and provide useful info. Stop being childish and grow up! With the time to complain about how *censored word*ty you were treated, go work hard on your English score or PNP or whatever to get yourselves out of the *censored word*load

wow angry arent you? I didnt say it wasnt hard to get an LMIA for people in Canada just easier than those overseas.

Also I hope you see the irony in telling me to go improve my IELTS (I got full marks thanks) when by your last paragraph I would suggest your written score would not be at full marks. The original poster never mentioned about being treated badly just saying that from his perception it is more likely that those already in Canada have it easier which I agree.

I suggest you may possibly want to shut you computer down and go work on your own shitty attitude.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
wow angry arent you? I didnt say it wasnt hard to get an LMIA for people in Canada just easier than those overseas.

Also I hope you see the irony in telling me to go improve my IELTS (I got full marks thanks) when by your last paragraph I would suggest your written score would not be at full marks. The original poster never mentioned about being treated badly just saying that from his perception it is more likely that those already in Canada have it easier which I agree.

I suggest you may possibly want to shut you computer down and go work on your own *censored word*ty attitude.
In fact the last paragraph is not something I want to say to you, more likely to people like OP. I admit I was a bit furious and I am sorry for my attitude. It's just these guys keep posting the useless posts like "it is so unfair that I am not in Canada and CIC doesn't care". I think that's not the right attitude.

Sorry for being aggressive :p

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnsonBthe1 said:
I am not complaining, I am setting out a fact. No matter how much I increase my score, I have no chance of competing with non-PRs in Canada with higher changes of an LMIA. It is not a joke at all, it is a plain fact.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnsonBthe1 said:

And what's below is a it offensive but not to you personally. I don't know since when all the applicants aboard starting to targeting the applicants in Canada. Not to mention that the commitment and efforts in-Canada applicants have put into immigration, it is just wrong to target any applicants in this forum. The forum is suppose to union everyone and support each other and provide useful info. Stop being childish and grow up! With the time to complain about how *censored word*ty you were treated, go work hard on your English score or PNP or whatever to get yourselves out of the *censored word*load
What targeting? Who said anything bad about immigrants in Canada trying to get their PRs? I am only criticizing CIC's policy. It would be much fairer to declare what they have known all the way and not give false hopes to people abroad. I can have nothing but respect for hardworking, rightful immigrants already in Canada. Get a grip on yourself.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
JohnsonBthe1 said:
In fact the last paragraph is not something I want to say to you, more likely to people like OP. I admit I was a bit furious and I am sorry for my attitude. It's just these guys keep posting the useless posts like "it is so unfair that I am not in Canada and CIC doesn't care". I think that's not the right attitude.

hmm... we're getting seriously aggressive aren't we...? canadian immigration is such a deep desire that our frustration leads us to behaving like we normally wouldn't...

you know what my friends... something that fuels that frustration is when you read things like this....here's a link someone posted in one of the discussions... just read what canadians think of us in the comments section...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-canada-cibc-report_n_7173778.html

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnsonBthe1 said:

This post is nothing but useful for those who are still asking if they have a chance with XXX points. It provides a platform for a senseful discussion about a very logical argument. The thing you don't understand is that the score gap cannot be closed by improved IELTS or whatever else, and it has been there to see all along. It just dawned on me now, and I wanted to share it with other people.