+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with India Tax Refund

Dank

Aug 15, 2016
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR and my Indian ITR was processed in Nov 2023 and as per it a major refund was supposed to happen. However, till date I have not received the refund. What can I do being here in Canada so that I get the refund in my Indian bank account. Who should I reach out to?

Thanks

Vy2021

Jan 26, 2021
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR and my Indian ITR was processed in Nov 2023 and as per it a major refund was supposed to happen. However, till date I have not received the refund. What can I do being here in Canada so that I get the refund in my Indian bank account. Who should I reach out to?

Thanks
Hi,
I work with IT department here in India and looking for a suitable work opportunity there. In regards to your question- You need to log into ITR filing website and see the status of processing your ITR, they must have processed it and would be displaying that the return has been processed u/ 143. 1. Then you need to check in that 143(1), did they computed income, deductions and taxes paid , as per your filed ITR, if not, you can contact CPC, which will reply you. Hopes this helps.

Reactions: Dank

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I would say till you receive your intimation u/s 143(1) it may take while to get refunds processed. Remember the due date of return filing was around summers and if you filed late and owed no tax liability your return and refund processing gets into queue. So may be just wait few more weeks and you will money into bank account.