+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues in NOCs & Reference letters

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
Background:
I have total 8 years of work experience across 3 NOCs.

a. Primary and Preferred NOC : 1122
Details : I have total experience of 2.5 years but reference letters are not available in the prescribed format for this NOC. I want to search job in Canada for this NOC once i get PR.

b. NOC : 2132 (total experience of 3.5 years and Reference letter is available)

c. NOC: Senior Manager in the startup (2 years experience - Private Limited company we had formed and we closed as it did not work out.)

Questions
a) Is it ok if I show my primary NOC in personal history as i would not be claiming points for it?
-If yes, would it affect my job search in Canada?

- If no, how shall i proceed with the application?

2) I am not sure what NOC to choose for my startup. I acted as a Business Head and we did lot of awesome work but the startup failed and we closed down the company. So can i claim Senior Manager NOC or not?
- If yes, then under what NOC? Also, there is another issue that we were three co-founders which includes my ex-wife and a third person. My ex-wife and I do not talk to each other anymore and I definitely do not want to take help from third co-founder as he hardly worked on the startup and last thing I want to do is to contact him. The issue is not getting the reference letter as i have all the necessary letter heads and stamps as I acted as the CEO. The issue is how Canadian authorities would verify my reference letter.
So can i write reference letter for myself as I was the Director?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can work as anything you want in Canada regardless of your primary NOC.

Reference letter format does not matter as long as you can provide the required information in official manners.

Look into NOC 0013. But you don’t have to claim this in your work history. I don’t think it will add any more CRS points.

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
By not having the reference letter format for primary NOC, what i meant was the details like working hours per week, salary, detailed job responsibilities etc are missing. So, i do not think it would be useful.

Well my question there was, if my Primary NOC is different than the one I am claiming points for and if I am showing my experience in primary NOC due to absence of reference letter, don't you think the recruiters on jobbank won't shortlist my resume?

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
By not having the reference letter format for primary NOC, what i meant was the details like working hours per week, salary, detailed job responsibilities etc are missing. So, i do not think it would be useful.

Well my question there was, if my Primary NOC is different than the one I am claiming points for and if I am showing my experience in primary NOC due to absence of reference letter, don't you think the recruiters on jobbank won't shortlist my resume?
Can someone please throw some light on these queries?