+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with spouse birth certificate

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
hi guys,
My spouse biological father passed away when mu spouse was a kid. So in birth certificate of my spouse there was a name of biological father. But through out the forms we mentioned name of her father who brought her up and so in the passport. As their is a mismatch between birth certificate and all other documents what you suggest i should do? My spouse lives in India. Should i just add leter of explanation or shouldni attach a notarize from attorney?
I really appreciate your help,

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi guys,
My spouse biological father passed away when mu spouse was a kid. So in birth certificate of my spouse there was a name of biological father. But through out the forms we mentioned name of her father who brought her up and so in the passport. As their is a mismatch between birth certificate and all other documents what you suggest i should do? My spouse lives in India. Should i just add leter of explanation or shouldni attach a notarize from attorney?

Thanks
Hi

Has your spouse's stepfather legally adopted her? If not, your spouse needs to correct the forms to list her legal biological father.

Reactions: YVR123

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi

Has your spouse's stepfather legally adopted her? If not, your spouse needs to correct the forms to list her legal biological father.
Thanks a lot for your reply,
- No there was no legal adoption happened but we have a marriage certificate of her step father and her mother. And also her passport has her step father name mentioned.

- Now that the birth certificate is asked in PR we realize about this issue else when i applied for her visitor visa which was rejected i didn't know and only mentioned her step father name.

Please suggest in this situation what should be the best steps.

Thanks a lot

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for your reply,
- No there was no legal adoption happened but we have a marriage certificate of her step father and her mother. And also her passport has her step father name mentioned.

- Now that the birth certificate is asked in PR we realize about this issue else when i applied for her visitor visa which was rejected i didn't know and only mentioned her step father name.

Please suggest in this situation what should be the best steps.

Thanks a lot
A marriage certificate doesn't mean anything in terms of her parentage. As I said, she needs to correct the forms by listing her legal father. Her stepfather is not her legal father, so listing him as such is misrepresentation.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
A marriage certificate doesn't mean anything in terms of her parentage. As I said, she needs to correct the forms by listing her legal father. Her stepfather is not her legal father, so listing him as such is misrepresentation.
Thanks again really appreciate your reply,
Other than the birth certificate we dont have any other proof of her connection to Biological father also we dont have a death certificate of her biological father.
Also her Passport has name of her step father. So in such scenario do you suggest to get letter of explanation, which is notarized by an attorney?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks again really appreciate your reply,
Other than the birth certificate we dont have any other proof of her connection to Biological father also we dont have a death certificate of her biological father.
Also her Passport has name of her step father. So in such scenario do you suggest to get letter of explanation, which is notarized by an attorney?
The birth certificate is her proof and she doesn't require his death certificate. A simple letter of explanation about the stepfather's name in her passport is fine; it doesn't need to be notarized.

Reactions: avanipatil

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi canuck_in_uk and other foks in the forum,
I discussed with lawyer about this situation and they suggested to write step (current) father name in the forms and write a letter of explanation about the difference in names of father in birth certificate (Biological father) and Passport(Step father).
I am really confuse now please help guys what should i do now?

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
hi guys,

Thanks
Have your spouse got your PR? I am exactly in the same situation like this.. please help me :(

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Get the correct birth certificate. Then write a letter of explanation. I had an issue with a certificate, and although no mention of it ever came up during the application process, they denied my husband because of it. Get the certificate.

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Get the correct birth certificate. Then write a letter of explanation. I had an issue with a certificate, and although no mention of it ever came up during the application process, they denied my husband because of it. Get the certificate.
Hello..
Please help me.. Here is my situation
I am planning to apply for PR through Family Sponsorship (my husband will sponsor me) but I have a problem regarding to my father's name.

First of all I want to give a brief explanation of my situation..
On November I have applied for tourist visa and got denied. In my family information, I put my step father's name as my father. Now that I am planning to apply for PR, I dont know whether I should put my step father or my biological father's name on my application??

I don't really know my biological father since my mom got divorced literally when I was just born and I only had contacted him twice during my 22 years of my life. My step father is the one who raised me since I was 9 until now.

Please help me what should I do.. I dont want to make any misrepresentation on my application :(

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hello..
Please help me.. Here is my situation
I am planning to apply for PR through Family Sponsorship (my husband will sponsor me) but I have a problem regarding to my father's name.

First of all I want to give a brief explanation of my situation..
On November I have applied for tourist visa and got denied. In my family information, I put my step father's name as my father. Now that I am planning to apply for PR, I dont know whether I should put my step father or my biological father's name on my application??

I don't really know my biological father since my mom got divorced literally when I was just born and I only had contacted him twice during my 22 years of my life. My step father is the one who raised me since I was 9 until now.

Please help me what should I do.. I dont want to make any misrepresentation on my application :(
Put your biological father as your father.

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Put your biological father as your father.
Should I write a letter of explanation regarding to the discrepancy of my father's detail in my past TRV application and future PR application?

I am so worried because I have put my step father in my tourist visa application in the past and now if I change my father's detail in PR application become my biological father's detail it will create misrepresentation..

Kindly please I need your input for my situation :(

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Should I write a letter of explanation regarding to the discrepancy of my father's detail in my past TRV application and future PR application?

I am so worried because I have put my step father in my tourist visa application in the past and now if I change my father's detail in PR application become my biological father's detail it will create misrepresentation..

Kindly please I need your input for my situation :(
Yes, write a letter explaining what happened, with a full explanation. Explain that you do not know your bio father, and all relevant details.

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you for your time answering me..

I will do your advice..

But do you think there's any chance my future PR will get refuse because of misrepresentation (due to this father's things issue)?