+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue PR card urgency - how to write letter from employer?

Polnoch

Feb 8, 2016
Hi!
I'm Canadian permanent resident, and I still wait my PR card. I've applied to PR card in the end of June, but they lost my application. I have to visit US for unboarding process of my employer. I can't wait six weeks again. I've called to CIC call center, they send me email with details how to speed up a process of issue my PR card. This is link to CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=835&top=10
So, this page contains information regarding option:

How do I prove that I need urgent processing for my permanent resident card application?
  • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer)

My employer do not know what to write in this letter, but of course they can write it. Could you please share to me examples of similar letters from employers? My law language not strong I bealive, and I don't know how to write this letter :(

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They just need to provide a letter stating the dates of travel, the reasons why and the date they need you to be back. Alternately, you could fly to a border location in the US, cross the border by car/taxi/foot and continue your journey in Canada from there. No need for a PR card. Just a bit more complicated and time consuming.