omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Yes if your wife studying full time you will get work permit as her dependent.
Hey Bro,

My wife applied for study permit/ OWP for me. Now I just realized that my passport will be expired in Mar and I’ll renew it ASAP.

However, in the meantime do you think CIC will not grant me OWP because of that?

Ugh ??? that was my last shot

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
My PGWP was expiring on JAN 19 2017, but luckily I got an extension of one year because my first work permit was only for two years instead of 3 year on top of the 2-year diploma. I got my ITA on 460 points. My other plans were to start studying or get LMIA job from one of my friends relative($$$$$.$$).

Nikhilsai

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
B-1215
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My PGOWP is expiring on 28th Jan, 2017. I have applied for work extension which should buy me 3-4 months. But I will complete my one year Canadian work xp on Feb 15th. I have created my EE profile. My score is 476.

My question is If I get an ITA in the next draw should I decline it and wait until Feb 15th ? or can i continue the application and submit the documents after Feb 15th [as I will have 3 months time to submit the documents.]

Please help guys. very confused.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Nikhilsai said:
Hi Guys,

My PGOWP is expiring on 28th Jan, 2017. I have applied for work extension which should buy me 3-4 months. But I will complete my one year Canadian work xp on Feb 15th. I have created my EE profile. My score is 476.

My question is If I get an ITA in the next draw should I decline it and wait until Feb 15th ? or can i continue the application and submit the documents after Feb 15th [as I will have 3 months time to submit the documents.]

Please help guys. very confused.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Hello,
As per past posts on the forum, it is advised not to accept ITA until you complete a full year Canadian Experience when applying under CEC. at 476 your score is good and hoping by Feb you will Rec' an ITA- just gather your documents in the meantime

rubyverma

Jan 25, 2017
My PGWP expires in June 2017. I have 443 points with 1 year work experience (Sep 2015 - present, NOC A). However, I worked as an independent contractor (self-employed, NOC A) for 8 months. If I count those 8 months, my work experience will be 2 years. Does anyone know if there is a way I can add that experience?

Noumsi

Mar 1, 2017
Nah, my friend did the same thing with his study.. he finished his PGWP and continue to get his master with a new study permit. but unfortunately he didn't have any canadian experience, so he has to go home. Now I'm just thinking which school I want to take since it's not cheap. it'll be around 15k-25k per year. :S

Did they give you a study permit?