NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
>PGWP expiring May, 2017
>Current CRS @ 471 (27 years old, Canadian Bachelors Degree, 1 Year Canadian Work Experience, IELTS: 9/9/8.5/7 L/R/S/W
>Feb,2017 CRS @ 496 (2 Years Canadian Work Experience - so long as I don't lose my job :S )

Options:
>IELTS - improve on existing score and gain 3 more points
>Learn French?
>Go back home, study or work to get a few more points

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
about the whole applying for a study permit or work permit extension or basically any application to buy time, somehow I can't seem to shake off the feeling that this would hurt the applicant in some way. Of course, I have no facts to back this up except that CIC officers are pretty smart and they might see through the ploy. Good luck though.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azaadpanchee said:
about the whole applying for a study permit or work permit extension or basically any application to buy time, somehow I can't seem to shake off the feeling that this would hurt the applicant in some way. Of course, I have no facts to back this up except that CIC officers are pretty smart and they might see through the ploy. Good luck though.
Study or visitor doesn't really hurt. You can even mention clearly in visitor visa that you like maintain temporary status in canada while your ee application is in process. No harm in telling the truth.

Yes it only hurts when you try to play smart and do paper application for work permit with no basis knowing that's going reject.

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Batman_is_Real said:
Study or visitor doesn't really hurt. You can even mention clearly in visitor visa that you like maintain temporary status in canada while your ee application is in process. No harm in telling the truth.
I wasn't aware of this, thanks

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
omar_ahmed21 said:
Hi everyone,

I have created this forum to discuss all the options we have on the table and share our stories.

Is your PGWP expiring soon and you can't extend it? Please share all the options you have to help other people whom going through the same experience..

Where was this forum when i needed it ☺. Thanks for creating it. My PGWP expired in ict 2017 applied for visitors and re eived it after about 2 months. There are limitations in what to do as visitor sucks. Im in EE pool with 480. Im not expert but can help just based on my experience only.

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am at 487 and mine is expiring at August 2017 without Spouse though. (IELTS will expire @ last week of January and 2nd week of January I will loose 6 points because of my age)
My wife recently got SOWP and it also expires the same day as my PGWP. But I didn't include her in my Express entry profile because I am not getting any points from her. It will take time to get an ECA for her and also take an IELTS.

So my plan is to get the PR and then apply for her even if she has to go back for couple of months (or if I am lucky I can get a visitor visa for her). Lets see what happens.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renesa05 said:
I am at 487 and mine is expiring at August 2017 without Spouse though. (IELTS will expire @ last week of January and 2nd week of January I will loose 6 points because of my age)
My wife recently got SOWP and it also expires the same day as my PGWP. But I didn't include her in my Express entry profile because I am not getting any points from her. It will take time to get an ECA for her and also take an IELTS.

So my plan is to get the PR and then apply for her even if she has to go back for couple of months (or if I am lucky I can get a visitor visa for her). Lets see what happens.
Saying spouse not accompanying in ee profile and later applying for visitor visa so that she can accompany you seems like you are trying to play smart with cic. Besides it will take time first to complete your PR application and then spouse sponsorship takes about 1 year minimum so it's not couple of months.

My CRS without spouse is around 516 and with spouse 483. My PGWP is expiring at Feb 2017 even though I am still hanging tight and waiting for ITA at 483 rather then processing my application alone.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
I'm already screwed ! My story: me n girlfriend both came as students studied 2 years graduated in 2013 got jobs in 2014 and EE started in 2015. From 2015 January I started following this forum I have 455 and she have 439 we have tried every thing but nothing worked. Our PGWPs expired in May 2016 we could not afford to study again or extend our stay as visitors so have retuned back home and we started working asap to keep our points up, however nothing has changed our situation rather take getting worst back home. Oh yes before we things were getting screwed we got married too! Our anniversary is coming this Friday but ITA has not come yet! We decided not to give up so every month we are giving ielts exam to keep ourself motivated! You are not the one one in this cruel system. I just pray everyday that we all should get our PR someday. Not able to take this anymore☹

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Saying spouse not accompanying in ee profile and later applying for visitor visa so that she can accompany you seems like you are trying to play smart with cic. Besides it will take time first to complete your PR application and then spouse sponsorship takes about 1 year minimum so it's not couple of months.

My CRS without spouse is around 516 and with spouse 483. My PGWP is expiring at Feb 2017 even though I am still hanging tight and waiting for ITA at 483 rather then processing my application alone.
It's your choice. And if my score with wife was even 460, I would have applied with my wife. And now a days spouse sponsorship is taking 6-8 months max not 1 year. I have couple of friends who got their wife sponsorship done within 6 months. And regarding playing smart with CIC, I will write up the situation I am in in a letter to CIC, then if they think it's okay to give her a visa then it's fine, if not we will wait. I actually can't afford to lose my job because of expiring PGWP. Thus I had to take this step which I am not proud or happy about.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renesa05 said:
It's your choice. And if my score with wife was even 460, I would have applied with my wife. And now a days spouse sponsorship is taking 6-8 months max not 1 year. I have couple of friends who got their wife sponsorship done within 6 months. And regarding playing smart with CIC, I will write up the situation I am in in a letter to CIC, then if they think it's okay to give her a visa then it's fine, if not we will wait. I actually can't afford to lose my job because of expiring PGWP. Thus I had to take this step which I am not proud or happy about.
But You have time till Aug 2017, so think twice before going this route, may be try for PNP and retake Celpip/IELTS for both to increase points. You will need to do her medical/pcc anyways even if she is not included, so my advise would be to have two separate profile one with spouse and one without. Maybe you get lucky and get PNP.

In any case good luck and I hope you don't have lose your job. Cheers :D

ronu008

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi,

This year only, my friend ran out of workpermit and went on implied status. He made a paper application for extention. it took him nearly 5 months to hear from them. Meanwhile he got PNP from Ontario during implied status. He also applied for LMIA during implied status. His lawyer told him clearly then he can work on implied status. He is now going through regular PR process as he received PNP.

About me:

I'm at 494. Missed by 3 points. CLB 9, Masters, 2 years of work ex. clear no for LMIA and no time left for PNP. Work permit expires on valentine day 2017. How sad it is. Lol

No matter what people say here about implied status, I'm making paper application to buy sometime because I'm really close. Making a paper application is our legal right even if we dont qualify.

Going back to study is not an option. I'm afraid that CIC will not go below 490 for next 3-4 draw. thats 6 to 8 weeks starting from January. People who are around 480 and have less time left will have hard time now.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:

Yes it only hurts when you try to play smart and do paper application for work permit with no basis knowing that's going reject.
MR. Batman, I need your opinion here! ::)

My wife have decided to go to college for English/post secondary program. I'll apply for study permit for her and work permit for me.

So, do you think this is a good idea? Will the CIC going to issue me a work permit?

Note: my wife is accompany me as a visitor and we have the same expiry date.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omar_ahmed21 said:
MR. Batman, I need your opinion here! ::)

My wife have decided to go to college for English/post secondary program. I'll apply for study permit for her and work permit for me.

So, do you think this is a good idea? Will the CIC going to issue me a work permit?

Note: my wife is accompany me as a visitor and we have the same expiry date.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Yes if your wife studying full time you will get work permit as her dependent.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I don't understand that the last CRS cutoff draw was 459 then how you guys didn't get ITA to apply for PR who are already above 459 points.