+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is traffic offence a criminal offence?

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Hi Folks,

On item 9 of IMM 008 schedule 1, the question states that : "Have you or any of your family member been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trail for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?"

My situation is that, I was involved in a traffic accident and was later convicted for driving too close to the other vehicle and driving without insurance. At court, I admitted being guilty and had to pay $5,000.00 fine for driving without insurance and $130.00 for driving too close to the other vehicle.

I would like to now if this traffic offence should be informed on my application? Does CIC consider such offence serious?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tarry said:
Hi Folks,

On item 9 of IMM 008 schedule 1, the question states that : "Have you or any of your family member been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trail for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?"

My situation is that, I was involved in a traffic accident and was later convicted for driving too close to the other vehicle and driving without insurance. At court, I admitted being guilty and had to pay $5,000.00 fine for driving without insurance and $130.00 for driving too close to the other vehicle.

I would like to now if this traffic offence should be informed on my application? Does CIC consider such offence serious?
Traffic offences don't fall under the criminal code of Canada, so are not considered criminal offences.

PMM

Cruz1

Feb 20, 2013
hey guys, I have a very important question to ask you. I have to get a traffic history report from my state in Australia. Last year, I had my driver’s license suspended for 1 month due to over speeding. I was an idiot. I know it was a stupid thing. Its now going to show up on my traffic history report. I wanted to now if this is a criminal offence or not and would make my inadmissible to Canada. I have never done and never been convicted of DUI, DWAI, Theft, Petty Theft/Larceny, Assault, Drunk & Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Justice, Possession of marijuana, cocaine or other controlled substances/drugs, and cautions (issued in the United Kingdom). Please advise if i am still eligible for Canada Permanent residency.

Tawakal

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/06/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30/08/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
30/08/2011
Med's Request
22/06/2012
Med's Done....
16/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
5/04/2013
LANDED..........
June,2013
Cruz1 said:
hey guys, I have a very important question to ask you. I have to get a traffic history report from my state in Australia. Last year, I had my driver's license suspended for 1 month due to over speeding. I was an idiot. I know it was a stupid thing. Its now going to show up on my traffic history report. I wanted to now if this is a criminal offence or not and would make my inadmissible to Canada. I have never done and never been convicted of DUI, DWAI, Theft, Petty Theft/Larceny, Assault, Drunk & Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Justice, Possession of marijuana, cocaine or other controlled substances/drugs, and cautions (issued in the United Kingdom). Please advise if i am still eligible for Canada Permanent residency.
Don't worry traffic offence is not a criminal offence,
you will b fine

Timisrb

Aug 30, 2015
Just let me make sure. Maybe I am too nervous but I am really afraid of my traffic offence.
I got a parking ticket at parking meter lot and already paid the fine very soon.
I know that parking ticket is not severe traffic offense and traffic offense is not criminal offence.
But every year, the guide line of immigration is getting harder and harder.
Does anybadly know the recent updated guide linelol

waqaralis

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
PER Received on 07th Jan 2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 21-08-2015 PPR: 03-09-2015 Passport submitted: 07-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
Timisrb said:
Just let me make sure. Maybe I am too nervous but I am really afraid of my traffic offence.
I got a parking ticket at parking meter lot and already paid the fine very soon.
I know that parking ticket is not severe traffic offense and traffic offense is not criminal offence.
Relax buddy. Traffic offenses are not considered criminally inadmissible. See below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
Timisrb said:
The only traffic offence which could affect your visa is Drunken driving..Driving under influence in any country is considered to b a reason of criminal inadmissibility in Canada..everything else is fine..

Timisrb

Aug 30, 2015
Jiss said:
The only traffic offence which could affect your visa is Drunken driving..Driving under influence in any country is considered to b a reason of criminal inadmissibility in Canada..everything else is fine..
thank you very much.