+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this normal?

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
i already did everything to sponsor my husband and the application is already in colombia and they asked us for some papers and we already sent them and ever since october we have not received any answer yet, its been 8 months already since they have it in colombia with no answer is that normal? is it normal that it takes so many months without an answer?

csadler

Feb 12, 2010
order CAIPS notes. Here is a comment from someone who has experienced ordering them. I'll see what else I can find that may help you (like the form numbers). Take care
basically...it is a computerized print out of an overview of your application.

it will list all your basic details & any notes, comments that the IO's have made on your file so far.

it will list the BF (bring forward) date which is the next time they are going to review your file.

it couldl say if they believe your relationship is bona fide (no interview required) or if there are any missing documents or if they have sent a letter requesting more information from you.

from what i have read on other sites it is a good way to be prepared if you did need an interview because their concerns would be listed & therefore you could prepare your partner for the questions they might ask.

also it gives some peace of mind that you know they are working on your application & when the next time they are reviewing things would be.

they take approx 30 days to receive & your partner would need to sign the form giving you permission to order them on his behalf. there are 2 forms to be filled out.....one by you & 1 by your partner, also a $5.00 fee.

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
i dont really understand what you wrote me, can you explain yourself better?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to order CAIPS notes. You are still well within normal processing time for Bogota. The average processing time for spousal applications in Bogota is 12-16 months. So at minimum you can expect to wait at least one year from the time your application reached Bogota for it to be finalized. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west

CAIPS stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. So you would order your CAIPS notes to get details on the status of your application, if it has exceeded normal processing time. But as I said, your timeline is normal for Bogota. If they need more information, they will contact you, but they won't contact you to give you an update on your application. Unfortunately, you will just have to be patient.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL YOUR TURN!

If you don't wish to order CAIPS notes then wait until you get a letter from them. There is no guarantee that it'll reach you on time. It's just how CIC works :(

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
i will repeat te same also please be patient and that is all because since you are with in the time frame nothing to worry about .