FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-02-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Dear all,

I am so bummed out right now and need expert advice. :(

I have received ITA back in January 2019 and got my AOR in February 2019. Then I was requested to submit IMM5669 last week within 7 days, the deadline of which was today 16 April. However, I have submitted the document earlier than the deadline which was Saturday 13 April. While filling out the form, I recall (because I did not think it was a refusal at the time I applied in February) that back in 2013, I have applied for the Quebec CSQ. However, I have never received any letter confirming that my application was even received, processed, accepted or rejected, therefore my understanding was that my application never really took place. For that reason, in the IMM5669, I answered No to question 6.d which asks for whether I have been refused visa before including CSQ.

However, at the last minute, I reconsidered my answer and realized that I probably should have just said yes and explain that I could not say either yes or no but I would say "yes" just in case. Since I have already uploaded the first IMM5669 with my initial answer "no" with my explanation as to why the answer "no", I have received MEP today as well as request for BIL, and there is no longer a way for me to go back and replace the document for correction. So, I went ahead and raised a CSE webform sending the corrected IMM5669 with a letter of explanation stating the reason why I previously said no but I decide to say "yes" nevertheless, but it still needs to be confirmed with the CSQ office. Due to the time difference between Canada and my country, I could not make a call all day. It really never occurred to me to call the Quebec CSQ office because as I haven't heard back from them years ago, I sort of forgot about it completely. I only thought about it since the ADR. So I called the CSQ office a few minutes ago, and asked them for confirmation on what the status of my 2013 application. The lady was very very nice, bless her heart, and confirmed to me that my application has never been processed because the bank card did not work when they requested for payment. After that no one worked on the application as I did not follow up and it was closed.

Now I am soooo worried. I really didn't know whether it was received, rejected or accepted, and even after her answer, it's still not clear to me whether that is considered rejected. She told me that it wasn't rejected, but closed. I still don't understand. Now, back to my IMM5669, I really probably should have said yes from the get-go even if I didn't know ... or should I have said no because it was closed? Does my hesitation appear like misrepresentation. Am I in trouble for this?

Please Seniors, anyone ... what do you think of this? Did I just commit misrepresentation?

Thank you all very much for your feedback.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The CSQ application wasn't rejected - it was closed. They never even started processing it since you didn't pay the required fees. This won't be misrepresentation as far as I know.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you've also explained all this in the webform, I highly doubt they'll try to get you for anything close to misrepresentation. Relax for now.

Julys

Aug 2, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-02-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Ok. Thank you all for your feedback!