+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this death penalty?

flareZ

Oct 19, 2018
Hello forum,

back to 2002, I have applied PR with my first wife. We got divorced by the end of 2003. Then few months later, I got married again. After I got married again I received landing visa. Honestly this is biggest mistake(I have paid the very very heavy price) I have made, I took my first wife(we already divorced at that point) landed to get PR after we got divorced.

In 2004, my second wife applied visitor visa to CA, visa officer found I landed CA with my ex after we divorced. So VO denied the visa and they warned me about my PR status.

I'm very very and truly sorry for what I have done. My question is: Is this my death penalty? can I re-apply new PR?

Thank you for reading my post.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello forum,

back to 2002, I have applied PR with my first wife. We got divorced by the end of 2003. Then few months later, I got married again. After I got married again I received landing visa. Honestly this is biggest mistake(I have paid the very very heavy price) I have made, I took my first wife(we already divorced at that point) landed to get PR after we got divorced.

In 2004, my second wife applied visitor visa to CA, visa officer found I landed CA with my ex after we divorced. So VO denied the visa and they warned me about my PR status.

I'm very very and truly sorry for what I have done. My question is: Is this my death penalty? can I re-apply new PR?

You can apply to renew your PR card provided you have lived in Canada for at least 2 out of the last 5 years and meet the residency obligation. However you can never sponsor your second wife for PR.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello forum,

Do you mean, can you reapply for PR from the very beginning again, if you first renounce your PR status?

flareZ

Oct 19, 2018
You can apply to renew your PR card provided you have lived in Canada for at least 2 out of the last 5 years and meet the residency obligation. However you can never sponsor your second wife for PR.
thanks for reply.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think there's good chance I lost my PR status. Yes, Can i apply a new PR card?
You have probably not lost your PR status at this point in time. However, you are probably unable to do what you want (sponsor your spouse) either.

You basically have a list of obvious options.
1) forget about sponsoring your spouse completely and have her apply for PR as an economic migrant.
2) leave Canada and live with your spouse elsewhere.
3) renounce your PR status and apply from scratch, if you are eligible, with your spouse as your dependent.

There may be other possibilities, but these are the basics.

flareZ

Oct 19, 2018
You have probably not lost your PR status at this point in time. However, you are probably unable to do what you want (sponsor your spouse) either.

You basically have a list of obvious options.
1) forget about sponsoring your spouse completely and have her apply for PR as an economic migrant.
2) leave Canada and live with your spouse elsewhere.
3) renounce your PR status and apply from scratch, if you are eligible, with your spouse as your dependent.

There may be other possibilities, but these are the basics.
I'm outside CA for over ten years. Is there a way I can check my PR status? I would be more than happy if I can start new PR application. I guess I may give it a try anyway.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm outside CA for over ten years. Is there a way I can check my PR status? I would be more than happy if I can start new PR application. I guess I may give it a try anyway.
As you are not in compliance with the Residency Obligations anyway, why not simply renounce your PR status officially, and work from there.
It would be quicker probably than applying for a PRTD, which is probably what you need to return to Canada, and likely to be denied.