+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this considered as tie enough ?

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,

I am a foreign national with a schengen resident permit for studies in Finland, i want to visit my friend in Canada during summer 2012 and to see how the country look like, I am a first year student studying in the university here, our summer vacation start from mid may and school resumes back in September, I am going to send my application probably during april to the london office in other to give chance for enough processing time, I started my studies here in sept 2011 I have been reading several thread on these forum and noticed that many people are denied based on ties to their home country or the country where the application is made from of which they are legally admitted to.

I don't know whether for the fact that I am a student here is considered as tie enough for the visa officer to issue me a visa, I will be staying with my friend and also, I will be sponsoring myself throughout my trip and I will be having about CAD $4000 on the bank statement but otherwise if these is not enough, is it accepted if I am being sponsor throughout the trip by my parent ? my parent don't live here, they live in my home country.

i don't have a good travel history i think, i have never being denied a visa before and I have been to only two countries, Ghana and Finland,of which I am currently in now.

PLS GUY, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IF I CAN BE ISSUED THE VISA BASED ON MY CIRCUMSTANCES AS MENTION

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
There is no clear line as to what constitues "enough" proof of ties. The best you can do is be as detailed as possible about your ties and hope that suffices. If you have an airline ticket showing a return trip that would help, but you probably don't want to buy until you know for sure you can get the VISA. Show any assets you may own (business, house, car...) list your wife, kids, parents, siblings in your home country that show strong family ties to your home country. Get an invitation letter from your friend...provide a detailed itinerary as to when you plan to arrive and when you plan to leave.

If your education program is your strongest "tie", then try to enhance that as much as possible. If you have a detailed plan of the classess you plan to take and the specific semesters in the future that might help.

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much. but i still want to ask.

how many month visa are given to tourist generally ? are the validity of the visa based on the period you intend to spend in Canada ? for example, if I state that i want to spend just a month, does it means that I will be given a month visa ?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
When my fiance got his TRV we said that he only wanted to stay for 3 weeks. The validity period of the visa was 6 months from the date that we submitted the application.

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you but lastly, can a non canadian (an international student) invite me to visit him in canada ? he started his studies last year september