+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this considered as misleading??

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
We a had a previous application which we withdrew because of a problem in sponsor approval .. in the new application we adjusted some dates of different occasions of our photos i also removed my master studying from my background as i no longer study it .. will this consider as misleading i am so worried and anxious??

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
Yes 100% you lied on the application this is going to be a major concern once the officer looks it over.
Oh we didn't lie in the first application i was studying my master degree but later things got complicated and i decided i will no longer continue so when we applied the second time i didn't put it in my background..

We found some mistakes in the first application in dates which are only the day not the full date and we corrected them how can this be lying ??

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
And for the sponsor eligibility problem we sure did solve it and explained the issue in the second application also attached the receipt of payment .. we already received biometrics, sponsor approval, and medical for the second application

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Ask immigration officers lol. Send a webforn to explain everything you just said to me. Make it known you made a mistake and it’s honest and you want to correct it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh we didn't lie in the first application i was studying my master degree but later things got complicated and i decided i will no longer continue so when we applied the second time i didn't put it in my background..

We found some mistakes in the first application in dates which are only the day not the full date and we corrected them how can this be lying ??
If the dates are minor corrections, likely no need to explain at all.

For the master's degree: odd decision to leave it out but probably manageable. Was it a full time program or part-time? (Part time I can see how it could get left out). Personally I'd send a short webform noting that you were in a program and decided not to complete it. Provide the info (dates and program type) and leave it at that.

If it was a full-time program it should be in your timeline as your main activity/employment; in which case really you should correct the form.

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
If the dates are minor corrections, likely no need to explain at all.

For the master's degree: odd decision to leave it out but probably manageable. Was it a full time program or part-time? (Part time I can see how it could get left out). Personally I'd send a short webform noting that you were in a program and decided not to complete it. Provide the info (dates and program type) and leave it at that.

If it was a full-time program it should be in your timeline as your main activity/employment; in which case really you should correct the form.
I do have a full time job .. but honestly my master studying has been very traumatizing and had so many issues it goes back before the corona era .. i just made a decision i will no longer do this anymore

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I do have a full time job .. but honestly my master studying has been very traumatizing and had so many issues it goes back before the corona era .. i just made a decision i will no longer do this anymore
The question was whether you were STUDYING full time, i.e. if that was listed as your principal activity before.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The question was whether you were STUDYING full time, i.e. if that was listed as your principal activity before.
To be clear, the point here is that if you submitted two applications with different information, they're going to wonder what is going on and whether you are lying - simple as that. This would be an irrelevant lie (doesn't help you) so mostly it may not matter, but lead them to believe there's some other problem.

We don't know what you submitted before, we can only guess. There are two places where you could have put info about your master's, the part where you provide info about education, and the biographical part saying what you were doing.

So: fix it. Make it clear. As I said, it's probably not a material difference, you weren't going to get any advantage in either case. And you don't need to go into detail about why your master's was traumatizing or whatever - it's irrelevant to your spousal sponsorship. You started a graduate program and decided not to finish it, you're not the first.

masa94

Mar 6, 2024
To be clear, the point here is that if you submitted two applications with different information, they're going to wonder what is going on and whether you are lying - simple as that. This would be an irrelevant lie (doesn't help you) so mostly it may not matter, but lead them to believe there's some other problem.

We don't know what you submitted before, we can only guess. There are two places where you could have put info about your master's, the part where you provide info about education, and the biographical part saying what you were doing.

So: fix it. Make it clear. As I said, it's probably not a material difference, you weren't going to get any advantage in either case. And you don't need to go into detail about why your master's was traumatizing or whatever - it's irrelevant to your spousal sponsorship. You started a graduate program and decided not to finish it, you're not the first.
Thank you for your response i appreciate it.
It was mentioned only in the educational information.
It just came to my mind that i mentioned it again in the spousal trv application which was obviously refused .. that is a mistake i know .. i didn't pay attention to the educational part as i thought it was irrelevant and my focus was on the genuine of our marriage .. not sure what will happen with us !!