+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a cheap diploma or certificate in Canada for my spouse who is not PR?

Hera2017

Jun 28, 2017
Dear all,

I am a PR of Canada, but my wife is on a visitor visa. She had only a secondary school completion certificate. She wants to apply for a study permit in order to study a certificate or diploma that is affordable.

Do you know any government institutions offering such affordable diploma programs or certifcate?

Thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If she's trying to study just to maintain status in Canada, it may be difficult to get a study permit approved. You need to be a bonafide student and the officer will obviously be able to tell that she's studying just to stay in Canada.

Why don't you sponsor her if you're a PR? It may take a little longer, but it's usually not difficult to sponsor a spouse.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Most international students would probably agree if asked that there is no such thing as a cheap diploma in Canada for international students. Plus as 21goose implies actually being approved for a study permit is the hard part of the process, getting a college offer not so hard given colleges are only too keen to accept international fees.

Also note applying for a study permit whilst in Canada approval may be difficult given the applicant needs to show they plan to return to their home country once the course has been completed, not so it seems in your case.

Unless you have some undeclared reason just apply to sponsor your wife, whilst takes some time more likely to succeed than a study permit plus if already in Canada and you apply inland she can get a work permit in about 4 months.

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Dear all,

I am a PR of Canada, but my wife is on a visitor visa. She had only a secondary school completion certificate. She wants to apply for a study permit in order to study a certificate or diploma that is affordable.

Do you know any government institutions offering such affordable diploma programs or certifcate?

Thank you
St. Clair college has lower fee as compared to other colleges.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Do NOT go to private schools in Canada. St. Clair is a public school that is excellent and recognized everywhere. Look for other, "community colleges" in other towns and cities. Private schools may NOT be recognized

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Dear all,

Thank you
Why can't you sponsor her to apply for PR?

Applying for study visa under those circumstances is likely to be unsuccessful as clearly it is just a way she is using to stay with you in Canada.