+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is proof of employment mandatory document?

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I'm curious to see it. Would you mind sending it to me?
Not at all, give me your email address, I can send it to you right now.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In May 2014 for short time in application form work record added but then again change it into only education record. Any body can add employment proof with application t4 slips & NOA but be informed it is not mandatory.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jcyj said:
For this famous question 6.F of CIT 0002 application form: Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application.
It mentions at the end : If you answer yes, you mush provide photocopies your work and/or education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records) .
So what I understand if you worked during the last four years, you should provide proof of employment.
You might have the old CIT0002 form which used to ask about work/employment records. Here is the link for the latest form for adults:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E.pdf

It clearly states that only education proof is required. It does not state about work/employment records.

I think the form was updated somewhere around Aug-Oct 2014 where the work/employment records option was removed.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
You might have the old CIT0002 form which used to ask about work/employment records. Here is the link for the latest form for adults:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E.pdf

It clearly states that only education proof is required. It does not state about work/employment records.

I think the form was updated somewhere around Aug-Oct 2014 where the work/employment records option was removed.
I have sent the file to you. You're right, I found this difference with the form I download last July. But now the problem is for the people who didn't attend any educational institution in the last four years, how can they provide this kind of record ? And in this case, should they provide the employment records ou nothing ? Thanks

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
I have sent the file to you. You're right, I found this difference with the form I download last July. But now the problem is for the people who didn't attend any educational institution in the last four years, how can they provide this kind of record ? And in this case, should they provide the employment records ou nothing ? Thanks
If you have not studied in the last four years, just check "no," and no education records are needed. Education records are for those who answered "yes."

In my case, I went to college and university in Canada from 2010 until 2013, and then returned in 2014. I also took a one-day intensive course followed by an examination for my credential. So I answered "yes," put down all the dates, provided them with my official transcripts as well as photocopy of the diplomas and certification, and a letter from the school about the one-day intensive course with all the details about the course and my credential. I spoke to a CIC officer hours before mailing my application and asked about the fact that I am unable to produce an official transcript for the one-day class, and I was told that if it's only one day it won't make a difference in my application, but if I wanted I could include a letter about it (which I did).

Now, addressing a portion of your question which I didn't answer above:

jcyj said:
And in this case, should they provide the employment records ou nothing ? Thanks
Employment records are not required. It's your prerogative to send them, but they aren't required.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
If you have not studied in the last four years, just check "no," and no education records are needed. Education records are for those who answered "yes."

In my case, I went to college and university in Canada from 2010 until 2013, and then returned in 2014. I also took a one-day intensive course followed by an examination for my credential. So I answered "yes," put down all the dates, provided them with my official transcripts as well as photocopy of the diplomas and certification, and a letter from the school about the one-day intensive course with all the details about the course and my credential. I spoke to a CIC officer hours before mailing my application and asked about the fact that I am unable to produce an official transcript for the one-day class, and I was told that if it's only one day it won't make a difference in my application, but if I wanted I could include a letter about it (which I did).

Now, addressing a portion of your question which I didn't answer above:

Employment records are not required. It's your prerogative to send them, but they aren't required.

Thanks MiriamT for the clarification of this point, I thought you did much work in preparing your application. At beginning, I didn't prepare any employment records, however, when I talked with a colleague yesterday, he told me he send them for his application, and when I checked my application file, I found he is right, and when I saw your comments, I realized new things, we learn from each other and this is great.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
Thanks MiriamT for the clarification of this point, I thought you did much work in preparing your application. At beginning, I didn't prepare any employment records, however, when I talked with a colleague yesterday, he told me he send them for his application, and when I checked my application file, I found he is right, and when I saw your comments, I realized new things, we learn from each other and this is great.
It has now been released that Bill C-24 came into effect, which changes what I answered prior to that. I suggest you to look into it.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
It has now been released that Bill C-24 came into effect, which changes what I answered prior to that. I suggest you to look into it.
Where you read it ? Does the term of 4/6 come into effect ? Give a link for it.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
Where you read it ? Does the term of 4/6 come into effect ? Give a link for it.
It is all over the news, and CIC has released the news as well.

I read it here: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=index&crtr.page=2&nid=981809

From news agencies:

* http://globalnews.ca/news/2025464/controversial-law-that-allows-revocation-of-canadian-citizenship-goes-into-effect/

* http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/law-that-allows-revocation-of-canadian-citizenship-goes-into-effect/article24699575/

I only see mentions of revocation of citizenship, including on the news release by CIC. I haven't seen any mention to all the other components of the bill. It worries me, since my application has not yet been received by the CPC.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
It is all over the news, and CIC has released the news as well.

I read it here: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=index&crtr.page=2&nid=981809

From news agencies:

* http://globalnews.ca/news/2025464/controversial-law-that-allows-revocation-of-canadian-citizenship-goes-into-effect/

* http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/law-that-allows-revocation-of-canadian-citizenship-goes-into-effect/article24699575/

I only see mentions of revocation of citizenship, including on the news release by CIC. I haven't seen any mention to all the other components of the bill. It worries me, since my application has not yet been received by the CPC.
I saw it's only about the revocation of citizenship. And from the website of CIC at the moment 16h26 (UTC-4) , may 29, 2015, it's still 1 095 days, so don't worry about it !

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
I saw it's only about the revocation of citizenship. And from the website of CIC at the moment 16h26 (UTC-4) , may 29, 2015, it's still 1 095 days, so don't worry about it !
As I have written in the post that you quoted, I DID acknowledge that only the revocation part is being discussed. ;)

HOWEVER, at this point, I don't know what's up and when/how changes will be applied. For example, are the changes being applied in stages? If so, when will the ones for the application apply (tax assessment, 4 out of 6, etc)?

No matter the way CIC squeezes my application, I'm still eligible; so the 4 out of 6 years requirement doesn't scare me. Even with the half days being removed (they no longer apply under this bill), I have been a PR for 5.5 years, and barely ever left in all these years. In the last 5 years I left only for 67 days (I applied for a renewal of my PR card just weeks ago, so I know this for sure), and the remaining half year before that I left for 5 days only, so 72 days out of 5.5 years.

I have also checked (as soon as I saw the news!) CIC's website for the forms and residence calculator and they haven't changed yet, but as you showed earlier to me by kindly e-mailing me the old CIT 0002, the forms you have for May 2014 are different from the ones I have also for May 2014 (the ones available on CIC's website currently).

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
MiriamT said:
Not only your comment is uncalled for and reeked in rudeness, you clearly can't comprehend what you read. I'll break it down for you, okay? I'll also bold to assist you in understanding what's going on.

Person 1 said: ". . . and when I searched on this forum I noticed some people mentioned that proof of employment is a must document to submit along with application."

Person 2 said: "Sorry but I doubt someone has said that it's a must because it isn't."

And then I responded to Person 2 that yes, someone has indeed said it, and provided them with the source of what might be what Person 1 read.

Do you understand it now or do you need me to draw it for you?
Dont get excited, I wasnt referring to you as yourself.
"You" in my sentence was more like generic. Just semantic.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
As I have written in the post that you quoted, I DID acknowledge that only the revocation part is being discussed. ;)

HOWEVER, at this point, I don't know what's up and when/how changes will be applied. For example, are the changes being applied in stages? If so, when will the ones for the application apply (tax assessment, 4 out of 6, etc)?

No matter the way CIC squeezes my application, I'm still eligible; so the 4 out of 6 years requirement doesn't scare me. Even with the half days being removed (they no longer apply under this bill), I have been a PR for 5.5 years, and barely ever left in all these years. In the last 5 years I left only for 67 days (I applied for a renewal of my PR card just weeks ago, so I know this for sure), and the remaining half year before that I left for 5 days only, so 72 days out of 5.5 years.

I have also checked (as soon as I saw the news!) CIC's website for the forms and residence calculator and they haven't changed yet, but as you showed earlier to me by kindly e-mailing me the old CIT 0002, the forms you have for May 2014 are different from the ones I have also for May 2014 (the ones available on CIC's website currently).
I think your application has already arrived at CIC's office right now. By the way, I have a question about 3.B and 3.C, I have nothing to put, should I leave it blank or put N/A for each box ? How did you fill in it ? Thanks

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:

I think your application has already arrived at CIC's office right now. By the way, I have a question about 3.B and 3.C, I have nothing to put, should I leave it blank or put N/A for each box ? How did you fill in it ? Same question for section 11. Thanks

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
I think your application has already arrived at CIC's office right now. By the way, I have a question about 3.B and 3.C, I have nothing to put, should I leave it blank or put N/A for each box ? How did you fill in it ? Same question for section 11. Thanks
I put N/A for each question that doesn't apply to me. And any time there were multiple options under one question, I answered each one with N/A. Don't leave it blank.