+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is proof of employment mandatory document?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm mailing application tomorrow and now reviewing application package for the last time.

On application form, I was reviewing question 6F Work/Education history, and when I searched on this forum I noticed some people mentioned that proof of employment is a must document to submit along with application.

However I have not found any instruction to submit such documents.

Should I prepare T4 or any proof from current and previous employers?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry but I doubt someone has said that it's a must because it isn't. But many people want to send extra documents they have not been asked to.

You can do whatever you like but it's not required.

I didn't send it.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wcikkk said:
I'm mailing application tomorrow and now reviewing application package for the last time.

On application form, I was reviewing question 6F Work/Education history, and when I searched on this forum I noticed some people mentioned that proof of employment is a must document to submit along with application.

Read the application guide very carefully . All what you must send is only what is listed in the check list on the last page of the application , no more no less . Any extra document (which is not requested) is not recommended, it may trigger undesired reaction from the side of the citizenship officer who processes the application

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
wcikkk said:

No it is not required to submit proof of employment with your Citizenship application. I would recommend NOT to submit documents which CIC did not explicitly request.

There are some people out there who submit so much unnecessary crap with their application and I am sure they get cursed on by the officer who's lap their file falls on.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Put yourself in the shoes of the poor gal at CPC Sydney: all they do (not meant negatively) is:
a) check your application for completeness (are the necessary forms attached and completed, photos, residency calculator, fee paid)
b) create your record in the CIC system
c) check if calculation for residency/physical presence meets minimum requirements
d) initiate background checks

I don't think you would be happy to receive all kinds of extra documents, which aren't even required at that stage, and you would have to search through it to find what you need for this initial step.

Just my two cents.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
You can bring employment proof with you to the interview. It can be helpful there.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
neutral said:
Sorry but I doubt someone has said that it's a must because it isn't.
Someone has indeed said it. This is the comment I believe the OP is talking about:

rayman_m said:
Remember under work documents, School Record/T4/NOA/employment letter are must provide documents (no longer consider additional documents)
Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unemployed-ques-6f-in-new-form-t194839.0.html;msg3034566#msg3034566

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
MiriamT said:
Someone has indeed said it. This is the comment I believe the OP is talking about:

Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unemployed-ques-6f-in-new-form-t194839.0.html;msg3034566#msg3034566
So you prefer to follow what "someone" said, instead the official guideline from CIC.
Why would you think is a better choice (not following the official request)?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
era1521 said:
So you prefer to follow what "someone" said, instead the official guideline from CIC.
Why would you think is a better choice (not following the official request)?
Not only your comment is uncalled for and reeked in rudeness, you clearly can't comprehend what you read. I'll break it down for you, okay? I'll also bold to assist you in understanding what's going on.

Person 1 said: ". . . and when I searched on this forum I noticed some people mentioned that proof of employment is a must document to submit along with application."

Person 2 said: "Sorry but I doubt someone has said that it's a must because it isn't."

And then I responded to Person 2 that yes, someone has indeed said it, and provided them with the source of what might be what Person 1 read.

Do you understand it now or do you need me to draw it for you?

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For this famous question 6.F of CIT 0002 application form: Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application.
It mentions at the end : If you answer yes, you mush provide photocopies your work and/or education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records) .
So what I understand if you worked during the last four years, you should provide proof of employment.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
For this famous question 6.F of CIT 0002 application form: Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application.
It mentions at the end : If you answer yes, you mush provide photocopies your work and/or education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records) .
Someone who worked has to provide information about it, and if not they still have to put down the dates and explain why they weren't employed. Either way, the applicant has to explain their situation.

jcyj said:
So what I understand if you worked during the last four years, you should provide proof of employment.
T4s, ROEs, NOAs, and so on, are not required. School records, on the other hand, are required.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
I have the CIT 0002 in front of me now (in the answer above I didn't). The version I'm using is of May 2014.

"6. F Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application: See section 6 - "Step 2. Complete the application" and section 4 - "Step 1. Gather documents" in the instruction guide.
If you answered yes to questions A and/or B, list your work and/or education history (inside and outside Canada) in the past four (4) years, including the city and country, starting with your most recent. If you were not employed (i.e. you were unemployed, retired, homemaker, etc.) you must indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of your unemployment under "Work/Education" and indicate the time period. Do not exclude any period of time during the past four (4) years. Do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you. If you answered yes to attending an educational institution, you must provide photocopies of your education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records.)"

Then going down to page 7 (checklist): "Photocopies of education records for yourself (if applicable) and for all minor children under the age of 18 in the four (4) years before the date of your application (if applicable). See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide."

Now, going to "Step 1. Gather Documents" it once again only mentions education records, not work records.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I have the CIT 0002 in front of me now (in the answer above I didn't). The version I'm using is of May 2014.

"6. F Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application: See section 6 - "Step 2. Complete the application" and section 4 - "Step 1. Gather documents" in the instruction guide.
If you answered yes to questions A and/or B, list your work and/or education history (inside and outside Canada) in the past four (4) years, including the city and country, starting with your most recent. If you were not employed (i.e. you were unemployed, retired, homemaker, etc.) you must indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of your unemployment under "Work/Education" and indicate the time period. Do not exclude any period of time during the past four (4) years. Do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you. If you answered yes to attending an educational institution, you must provide photocopies of your education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records.)"

Then going down to page 7 (checklist): "Photocopies of education records for yourself (if applicable) and for all minor children under the age of 18 in the four (4) years before the date of your application (if applicable). See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide."

Now, going to "Step 1. Gather Documents" it once again only mentions education records, not work records.
The CIT 0002 form I have is also the version of may 2014. I can send it to you if you want. However, as seeing your comments, I download again the same file from CIC website 5 minutes ago, it says as what you put above. Probably, CIC has modified this and didn't change the date for the new version !

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
The CIT 0002 form I have is also the version of may 2014. I can send it to you if you want. However, as seeing your comments, I download again the same file from CIC website 5 minutes ago, it says as what you put above. Probably, CIC has modified this and didn't change the date for the new version !
I'm curious to see it. Would you mind sending it to me?