+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGDCA from IGNOU evaluated by WES as a valid diploma?

Bhavvyya

May 7, 2018
hi Harish, yes an additional post graduate diploma will definitely help you get 32 additional points which will be a huge boost to your CRS score.
I have been in the same boat as you with 4 years BE degree. Got a post graduate diploma in computer application and was able to get through. whole process was quite smooth. let me know if you have any further questions. will be happy to help : )
Hi AmB20, I am in a similar situation. So i have 4 years of Bachelors degree and current i am pursuing PGDCA (distance education) while wokring in Infosys. Would this extra PGDCA from C V Raman University help me gain more points in my total CRS for Canada PR??
Please suggest.

manoj1234

Nov 14, 2018
Hi AmB20, I am in a similar situation. So i have 4 years of Bachelors degree and current i am pursuing PGDCA (distance education) while wokring in Infosys. Would this extra PGDCA from C V Raman University help me gain more points in my total CRS for Canada PR??
Please suggest.
Is this institution approved for distance education (DEB) by UGC? in addition you can check in WES equivalency tool as well

prabh_ca

Jan 7, 2019
Hi All,
I am new member of this group.I have done B.Tech from PTU which is as equilavent to bachloer's of canada now i am planning to enroll to IGNOU PGD IBO course .. just want to understand will this help me fetch extra points as per 2 and more certificate diplomas or degree.
Thank you.

Jan 6, 2019
I did not opt for IGNOU and instead got one year post graduate diploma in computer application from another university.
It got evaluated by WES and I have got additional points. Waiting for my pr now : )
May I ask which university you opted for and the name of the course?

Thanks & regards

Urvish2293

Jul 15, 2019
India
hi Harish, yes an additional post graduate diploma will definitely help you get 32 additional points which will be a huge boost to your CRS score.
I have been in the same boat as you with 4 years BE degree. Got a post graduate diploma in computer application and was able to get through. whole process was quite smooth. let me know if you have any further questions. will be happy to help : )
Can you share your WES report on my mail urvishkhira@gmail.com because I am in the same situation.

Jeeanay

Aug 2, 2019
I have been in the same boat as you with 4 years BE degree. Got a post graduate diploma in computer application and was able to get through. whole process was quite smooth. let me know if you have any further questions. will be happy to help : )[/QUOT
hi harish,

i have completed my wes evaluation for 4 years b.tech degree. doing PGDIS in IGNOU boost my crs points ? may i know which unibversioty you have completed the PGDCA course ?

Umang Sharma

Aug 10, 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing this with us. Could you please let us know which particular university and which course did you opted for? and what are the timelines , i mean when do we have to apply for it and when to appear for exams and approx expenses ? I know i asked a lot... but i am desperate need to know this at the earliest. Thanks again.. ! Hoping for a response soon !

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Need you help!! Is 1 year postgraduate diploma from IGNOU is evaluated by WES? If yes, is it considered as masters or two or more degree?

musk_mellun

Sep 3, 2019
Hi
Can you tell me which course and university @ muskansinghdy@gmail.com

Shilly-G

Oct 30, 2017
Need you help!! Is 1 year postgraduate diploma from IGNOU is evaluated by WES? If yes, is it considered as masters or two or more degree?
Hello,

Yes, it is.

WES evaluated my 3 years Bachelors(BCA) from Bangalore University and 1 year PGDIS from IGNOU as below.
==============
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)
==============

Cheers!

Good Luck!

Reactions: _Danish

Gurps2791

Aug 5, 2018
Hello,

Yes, it is.

WES evaluated my 3 years Bachelors(BCA) from Bangalore University and 1 year PGDIS from IGNOU as below.
==============
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)
==============

Cheers!

Good Luck!
Hello Shilly ,

When did you sent your document to WES , as i have just completed PGDIS and looking forward for evaluate it from WES

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
hello experts,
my crs is 421 . in a desperate mode to improve points i am thinking of joining a distance ducation 1 year pg diploma course from IGNOU. kerala .
wondering whether someone else has done it ??
pl post your reply
thanks in advance .
Hello. I am in your same situation and looking out for a recognised university for doing a one-year diploma course. Did you have any luck? What is your situation now and how did you proceed? Your reply would be very helpful

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
hi,
Can some one please help me understand if I can get credit points for 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application(PGDCA) from IGNOU. Will that be treated as two degrees as I have 4 years BE degree prior to that.
How can i get that evaluated from WES as the evaluation tool does not have diploma option in the drop down for courses. Thanks!
Hai AmB20. Can you please share what happened to your situation, as I am planning to do PGD in Computer Application from IGNOU in a desperate hope to increase my CRS. Did it work out well for you? Please share your experience and how you proceeded.