+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is NOC 2173 regulated in Ontario?

cmpe_deg

Jul 12, 2015
I am in a bit of a pickle here:

I had initially submitted my EE profile with NOC 2173. However, on reading about its licensing and regulatory requirements I decided to update the profile by changing it to NOC 2174.
However since 2174 never described my job description as accurately as 2173 did, and based on the posts in this thread, I changed the NOC back to 2173.

My question: How do these updates affect my EE form?

Thanks a load!

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
My noc is 2173 and my SINP application is returned because of this reason. Are evaluation parameters different for Ontario and for Saskatchewan nomination?

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
VipsB: It seems that Sascatchewan's criteria is different, or maybe it is because Ontario wants to show some leniency on this particular matter. At any rate, I am sorry for what happened.

cmpe_deg:
That's what I did. I first created my application as NOC2173 and then changed it to NOC2174. I made this change after I applied to oopnp. So I wrote an email to oopnp and told them about the change. They replied they received the change. I hope this is helpful.

teenguy

Aug 14, 2015
Is the title Systems Engineer regulated?

It belongs to 2173.. As other forums said licensing is necessary I had changed to 2171..

dhruvvinayak

Feb 14, 2018
I am in a bit of a pickle here:

I had initially submitted my EE profile with NOC 2173. However, on reading about its licensing and regulatory requirements I decided to update the profile by changing it to NOC 2174.
However since 2174 never described my job description as accurately as 2173 did, and based on the posts in this thread, I changed the NOC back to 2173.

My question: How do these updates affect my EE form?

Thanks a load!
Did this help you?
DO we need license for 2173?
Does changing NOC after ITA affect your application?
PLease help.

hsocs_12

Nov 21, 2018
No problem rajanvnv. Thank you for your clarifying reply in the beginning of the thread.
To anyone who is concerned whether software engineering NOC 2173 is regulated or not read on:

I sent an email to OOPNP a few weeks ago explaining that I indicated my job as NOC2173 but I don't have a license. I asked whether I should change my NOC to 2174?

They came back to me today and said:

"Thank you for your email and clarification.
Since you do not use Professional Engineer title in your work, we do not require a license. There is no need to update your original NOC solely due to license issue, either, unless you have other compelling reasons to do so."
Hi Hopefully you see this post 3 years later lol
Did you provide you EIT certificate as part of the application ? or mentioned that you are directly supervised by a P.Eng?

DreamingMan

Jun 10, 2023
My noc is 2173 and my SINP application is returned because of this reason. Are evaluation parameters different for Ontario and for Saskatchewan nomination?
VipsB: It seems that Sascatchewan's criteria is different, or maybe it is because Ontario wants to show some leniency on this particular matter. At any rate, I am sorry for what happened.

cmpe_deg:
That's what I did. I first created my application as NOC2173 and then changed it to NOC2174. I made this change after I applied to oopnp. So I wrote an email to oopnp and told them about the change. They replied they received the change. I hope this is helpful.
What if you choose NOC 2173, now known as NOC 21231, even if you don't claim to be an engineer in your title?