+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my profile good and is non-sds risky?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Yorkville University Toronto would accept u.. they accept 5.5 in one module
Hey bro, can you please give me your insights on my application?

Background:
- I am 17 years old, from Vietnam and is a high school graduate.
- I am applying through SDS Online application.

Education:
- 83% overall in Year 12.
- 82% overall in Year 13.
- IELTS 7.5 (lowest band is 6.0 in writing).

Applied program
- Accepted to Carleton University for Bachelor of Computer Science degree with $4000 scholarship.

Financial proof (following SDS financial requirements):
- Submitted GIC $10,000 from Scotiabank.
- Submitted receipt of first year tuition fees paid in full.

Travel history:
- Travelled by plane to U.K, France, Spain Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. Always returning home after my purpose of visit is completed.
- Recently studied in New Zealand for Year 12 and 13 (last 2 years of high school) under a valid and approved New Zealand student visa. I returned home right after graduating high school in New Zealand.

Family ties:
- Potential problem: Older sister has PR and lives in Canada.
- Both of my parents lives in Vietnam and I am only 17 and is living with them right now.
- Other older sister also lives in Vietnam.

I did NOT submit a SOP as it was not stated as a requirement for SDS.
Do you think I have a chance?
So far, I have received the "You passed the medical exam" update.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Even visa officer know that 90% students stay in Canada after study. They also want and need skilled people and having good academic score means such students can thrive in workplace and would become a source of economy, they definitely need such students.
So be positive.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
But u should have submitted sop. Since Canada immigration doesn't call students to have them interviewd, they always seek for Ur goal, future plan. However, sop is optional and few students skip and get visa without problem. Depending on profile.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
But u should have submitted sop. Since Canada immigration doesn't call students to have them interviewd, they always seek for Ur goal, future plan. However, sop is optional and few students skip and get visa without problem. Depending on profile.
So for my profile, you think I can get approved without SOP?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Yeah, they cannot blame u for sop.
Yeah, exactly. They should have had it in the application as a requirement if they need it so much. I think SOP is for people who needs to explain a complication in their application. But I don't see any complication in my application.
A high school graduate pursuing a Bachelor degree at a University is a completely normal and genuine progression. I also have a strong travel history and good academic record. So I don't think I would need a SOP. Hopefully I will get approval.

sreenu2933

Feb 24, 2021
i have similar score as he has expect for listening ,i have 7 in listening, 6.5 in speaking ,6 in writing and 5.5 in reading

i want to do bachelors in canada . am i eligible