Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
i got WILPD MS Software Systems equivalent to Masters = on 11 Sept 2018 , done.
Good to know. Thanks for replying Shwets...mine is MS in software engineering hope they consider it as masters because the tool considers it as another bachel

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi Shweta - can you please tell me if your bachelor's was 3 years or 4 years? Also should we get both B.Sc and M.S evaluated or just the M.S? TIA.
Mine was 4 years Bachelors in Engg. As per WES, for MS evaluation, they need your transcript and degree certificate for Bachelors. But separate evaluation is not required.

In my WES report, they made 2 entries - one for Bachelors and another for Masters - approving both of them. So I can use same letter for mentioning both degrees.

Shb_an

May 11, 2018
Mine was 4 years Bachelors in Engg. As per WES, for MS evaluation, they need your transcript and degree certificate for Bachelors. But separate evaluation is not required.

In my WES report, they made 2 entries - one for Bachelors and another for Masters - approving both of them. So I can use same letter for mentioning both degrees.
Hello Shweta,

Could you please let me know in express entry profile you specified your WILP MS as FULL time?
You got any internet source or any other stuff to decide its type (FULL/PART TIME).

Thanks & Regards
Shb_an

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
My MS is Full Time 2 year degree as its already certified by WES as well. I dont need to given any internet source to decide. WILPD MS degree was certified by Govt. Of India before 2010; WES doesn't ask for such information. They ask for transcripts, degree certificate. Nowhere in the degree certificate it is written its full time or part time. So my EE profile also is saying Fulltime.

saif23

Jan 15, 2019
Can someone weigh in on getting transcripts from BITS to WES?

a) Did you directly ask BITS to send it to WES (it seems this is the approach suggested by WES). Did you send an email with the academic request form scanned copy?

b) Did you receive sealed transcripts from BITS, put sealed envelope in another envelope along with final or provisional certificate copy and send it to WES?

I was able to fix my mistake but I am having to shell out ~3k because the transcript request website doesn't allow me to pay (it's redirecting me to the payment received page). Can someone confirm this following screen is correct?

Hi, How were you able to resolve this query ? I am having same issues.

chiragce17

Jan 23, 2019
i got WILPD MS Software Systems equivalent to Masters = on 11 Sept 2018 , done.
Congrats Shweta.

So in summery, you asked BITS duplicate transcript in sealed envelop and you inserted duplicate degree certificate (or Photocopy of certificate ) and added WES reference number on envelop and sent to WES ? and it got verified.

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hello all,
Here is the ECA Report from WES done on 19-June-2019 and They have considered MBA in Manufacturing Management from BITS Pilani as 1 Year PG Diploma -
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name on Credential: PAL, Nikhil
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2016
Awarded By: Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Major: Manufacturing Management
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have contacted them to re-evaluate my results as its a recognized educational institution.
Still awaiting reply from them.

Nikhil Pal

Reactions: Er.sourabh

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello all,
Here is the ECA Report from WES done on 19-June-2019 and They have considered MBA in Manufacturing Management from BITS Pilani as 1 Year PG Diploma -

I have contacted them to re-evaluate my results as its a recognized educational institution.

Nikhil Pal
Hi Nikhil_pal,
Could you please let me know if you send your bachelors along with MBA to WES for evaluation or only your MBA?

Regards,
Simmi

Er.sourabh

Mar 29, 2019
Ajmer Rajasthan
Hello all,

Still awaiting reply from
Hello all,

Nikhil Pal
Hello Dear ,
I got my ECA report by today online and the same thing happened to me that WES officials evaluated the WILP MBA as a Post Graduate Diploma for 1 year only .
Have a look please .
Name on Credential: SEN, Sourabh Kumar Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution Country: India Credential: Master of Business Administration Year: 2018 Awarded By: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Status: Recognized Institution Major: Manufacturing Management

What should I do now ? Please guide me .
Also did you get any update over your query raised at WES ?

Regards
Sourabh Kumar Sen
er.sourabh05sen@gmail.com