+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi India_User ,Need help from you ..I have got the skill set letter from my previous employers but they have not specified the salary in that ,will there be any problem ?Also I went through some posts where in writing cover letter was recommended.I want to know your suggestion in this case.Can you please help
Thanks

jupef

Oct 1, 2016
Can someone please confirm if the BITS work integrated learning course was considered as master's degree by WES?

I am planning to file for express entry

Btw, MS is now renamed to MTech degree by BITS!

DavidRaj

May 10, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
india_user25 said:
Fill the WES form, get a reference number, check BITS site WLPD, there will be a link for transcripts request. Fill out the form and send the request to BITS, they'll send the application to WES
How much time does it take for the documents to reach WES Canada sent by BITS Pilani ?

Albie89

May 26, 2017
Category........
Other
WES equivalency tool will not show it as equivalent to masters if you are selecting only masters of science, if you enter both your degrees, then it'll show masters.

In any case, don't bother about the online tool.

Just pay the WES fees, and send the application to BITS campus, they'll send the application along with transcripts to WES.
Hi,

Could you please tell if my understanding is correct?

We must apply in bits wilp for duplicate transcript along with sealed envelop. and we will receive it from bits.
and We are supposed to add the UG transcript and finally submit to WES. Am I right?

Or will the Bits University send it directly to WES?

Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

Could you please tell if my understanding is correct?

We must apply in bits wilp for duplicate transcript along with sealed envelop. and we will receive it from bits.
and We are supposed to add the UG transcript and finally submit to WES. Am I right?

Or will the Bits University send it directly to WES?
You can seal and send.
I have done the same.
Let me know if you need any help.

aspirant007

Oct 20, 2017
Hi, Was your degree considered?
Folks,
would like to share my ECA experience as follows -
I've an M.S - Software Engineering degree too from WILP-BITS
  • Initially applied with ICES/BCIT and requested BITS to send the transcripts directly (Order Duplicate Transcripts in the link http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html ) and send BITS the copy of academic request form as in the instructions and they do great job sending it to the ECA agency directly (takes 11 days as they send through India Post but you can ask them to deliver the sealed transcript to you and you could combine both Bachelor's and Master's sealed envelopes and send them together through DHL for faster process)
  • After 2 months, ICES/BCIT said they cannot evaluate my credential as they don't have enough information (Aug 2, 2017). so never go with ICES/BCIT for your evaluation
  • Then I chose WES and the process went well with some delays (they need both your Bachelors and Masters Transcripts to Evaluate) and initially I just sent only my masters and that caused the delay
  • with WES you need to follow-up in the contact form given in their website, to get the updates in your account. (Don't call them as they just read your status online and not much helpful.. use contact form and you'll see some change). I just got my report today (Oct 20, 2017)
  • Long story short - BITS MS is accepted by WES and the Canadian equivalency is Masters degree. So don't worry about WILP or the free evaluation tool in their site
  • Good luck to you all with your quest for immigration and believe right things happens at right time whenever you're frustrated and excited, stay positive and determined...

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Distance education is not considered for EXpress entry points.
It clearly states the study period shoudl be full time.
Hi kirtivsingh,

WES evaluation states that MTech from BITS, Pilani is Canadian Master's equivalent.
Do we have to choose "Part-time" in Education History?

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Hi Experts,

I have done BTech (regular degree) from India and done MS from Bits Pilani, India (WLPD - work integrated learning program).

Based on my discussions with travel agents, I got my ECS done for my bachelors degree only. As per them, MS degree won't give any benefit.

Has anyone who has done MS from Bits Pilani got any benefit.

Thanks in advance.
Hey,

I got my ECA done by WES for BITS, Pilani WILP (MTech in Software Systems) and it states :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

However, I do not know if it is "Part-time" or "Full-time".
Did you figure it out? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
for MS Software engineering from BITS pilani, what have you selected as "Field of study" while filling EE profile?
"Computing/Information Technology",
"Science,Applied",
"Science,General"