+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

sri2015

Dec 7, 2015
Hello,
Is MS in Software Systems from BITS Pilani (WLPD a distance learning program) considered equivalent to Masters by WES in Canada.

jk_indian

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
05-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2016
LANDED..........
Expected (15-09-2016)
yes yes yes.

I got my M.S Software Systems from BITS Pilani (Distance/WILP) equivalency as 'Master Degree' by WES.

Happy to see that a distance learning program gave such a huge benefit. :)

xtraj

Mar 11, 2015
Yes, it is considered as Master's degree.
I got my WILP MS in S/w Engineering degree evaluated by WES and the Canadian Equivalency is "Master's Degree".

Rabbitfoot

Nov 25, 2014
xtraj said:
Yes, it is considered as Master's degree.
I got my WILP MS in S/w Engineering degree evaluated by WES and the Canadian Equivalency is "Master's Degree".
When did you get this evaluation done? Was it done recently?

Rabbitfoot

Nov 25, 2014
jk_indian said:
yes yes yes.

I got my M.S Software Systems from BITS Pilani (Distance/WILP) equivalency as 'Master Degree' by WES.

Happy to see that a distance learning program gave such a huge benefit. :)
When did you get this evaluation done, was it done recently?

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,Can any one please let me know what should be selected from the drop down for M S in software engineering(WILP bits pilani)while submitting the application?when I selected the Master of Science the evaluation tool did not tell it as Masters equivalent.Can someone please help ,it is very urgent pls...

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
sm43226 said:
Hi,Can any one please let me know what should be selected from the drop down for M S in software engineering(WILP bits pilani)while submitting the application?when I selected the Master of Science the evaluation tool did not tell it as Masters equivalent.Can someone please help ,it is very urgent pls...
WES equivalency tool will not show it as equivalent to masters if you are selecting only masters of science, if you enter both your degrees, then it'll show masters.

In any case, don't bother about the online tool.

Just pay the WES fees, and send the application to BITS campus, they'll send the application along with transcripts to WES.

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
india_user25 said:
WES equivalency tool will not show it as equivalent to masters if you are selecting only masters of science, if you enter both your degrees, then it'll show masters.

Just pay the WES fees, and send the application to BITS campus, they'll send the application along with transcripts to WES.
Thanks a lot india_user25 for the response,appreciate it..

tatpub

Feb 2, 2016
Hi All,

I do have the same concern. I have completed my Masters from BITS Pilani but ECA report shows it is Canada equivalent Bachelors degree(4 years). Please suggest what to do ??

Nshree

Apr 11, 2016
Hi,

I have a dual degree - masters in maths + masters in finance (5 year program) from BITS Pilani.

Can someone please suggest:
1) What is the equivalent qualifications I can expect on my WES report?
2) While filling out the WES report, should I add two credentials with same time period (for example 2001 to 2006) for both degrees?

talcan

Jun 10, 2016
india_user25 said:

Thanks indian_user25!

One quick query: I spoke with the WILP officials and they mentioned only transcripts will be given and not provisional degree certificate as required by WES.

Can we include a notarized copy of the degree certificate in the application sent to WES? How did you do it?

Kindly suggest. Thanks for your quick response.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Brenna said:
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the equivalent for MS from BITS obtained through distance education.
Will it be a master degree or bachelors.

Thanks in advance,
Brenna
Distance education is not considered for EXpress entry points.
It clearly states the study period shoudl be full time.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
asinghd said:
Hi ,

Can you please let me know the process to evaluate MS (WLPD) . Submit the WES application and after that ?
Fill the WES form, get a reference number, check BITS site WLPD, there will be a link for transcripts request. Fill out the form and send the request to BITS, they'll send the application to WES