+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is LMIA score not counted for Intra company transfer?

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
Hi all,

I just finished one year on my closed work permit with ICT (Intra company transfer) as IT consultant. My spouse is working on open work permit and completed one year too. I am getting 50 points only for the Canadian experience but no points for LMIA.

As LMIA is exempt for ICT , I thought I would get 50 points extra. Is it not right? Any suggestions to improve scores apart from bot of us taking IELTS exam again ?

Here is the break down.

Your overall score 395

Score breakdown
Score breakdown

Human capital
Your score is based on factors such as your skills, education, Canadian work experience and language ability.

Human capital
Criteria Score
CRS - Human Capital - Age 60
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 112
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 99
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 35

Spouse
Your spouse's score is based on their level of education, language ability and Canadian work experience.

Spouse
Criteria Score
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 8
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 5

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
Criteria Score
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 26
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0

Appreciate your help
Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,

I just finished one year on my closed work permit with ICT (Intra company transfer) as IT consultant. My spouse is working on open work permit and completed one year too. I am getting 50 points only for the Canadian experience but no points for LMIA.

As LMIA is exempt for ICT , I thought I would get 50 points extra. Is it not right? Any suggestions to improve scores apart from bot of us taking IELTS exam again ?

Here is the break down.

Your overall score 395

Score breakdown
Score breakdown

Human capital
Your score is based on factors such as your skills, education, Canadian work experience and language ability.

Human capital
Criteria Score
CRS - Human Capital - Age 60
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 112
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 99
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 35

Spouse
Your spouse's score is based on their level of education, language ability and Canadian work experience.

Spouse
Criteria Score
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 8
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 5

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
Criteria Score
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 26
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0

Appreciate your help
Thanks
If your employer can support your job offer with a statement that your job offer will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of the issue of PR , you can claim these 50 points for the job offer

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
If your employer can support your job offer with a statement that your job offer will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of the issue of PR , you can claim these 50 points for the job offer
Thanks for the quick reply, But I don't even get picked in the first place as my score is 395.
If they pick then I could arrange for the document from my employer if required.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply, But I don't even get picked in the first place as my score is 395.
If they pick then I could arrange for the document from my employer if required.
What do you mean by getting picked ? You have to select yes for Arrange employment... that add 50 points to your score and takes it to 445

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
In addition you can also improve your overall score by scoring higher band in your language score and ask your spouse to give language test as well

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
What do you mean by getting picked ? You have to select yes for Arrange employment... that add 50 points to your score and takes it to 445
Sorry, didn't get you , Where is this particular question asked "select yes for Arrange employment" , I checked my application again , Could not find it

Here is the answer I have provided under LMIA, But still it doesn't count 50 points

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
1. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? NO
2. Is <Applicant> currently working in Canada? YES
3. Does <Applicant> have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES
4.Is <Applicant>'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? YES
5.Has <Applicant> been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? YES
6.Four digit NOC code of current work permit : 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
7.Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sorry, didn't get you , Where is this particular question asked "select yes for Arrange employment" , I checked my application again , Could not find it

Here is the answer I have provided under LMIA, But still it doesn't count 50 points

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
1. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? NO
2. Is <Applicant> currently working in Canada? YES
3. Does <Applicant> have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES
4.Is <Applicant>'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? YES
5.Has <Applicant> been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? YES
6.Four digit NOC code of current work permit : 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
7.Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement
If you have created the profile just now wait for 24 hrs and the points should be reflected...

You should refer this thread as well https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/please-suggest-additional-50-points-thro-crs-arranged-employment-ict.467497/

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

There are no CRS points for an LMIA. There ARE CRS points for a valid job offer (AKA arranged employment), which in some cases requires an LMIA (not in your case, however).

As LMIA is exempt for ICT , I thought I would get 50 points extra. Is it not right?

No, not right. For the 50 extra points, you need a valid job offer. For workers with one year on an ICT permit, this means that in order to qualify as having a "valid job offer," all you need is a job offer letter from your current employer - that is, an offer of FUTURE employment (for at least one year) upon becoming a permanent resident.

Also note that the job offer still has to be valid if you are approved, up until the day you land.

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No luck till now, Actually I will be completing 1 year on Feb first week 2019, Hope points gets added after that..
Above in your September posts, you twice indicated that you had already completed a year. If this was false, that is the reason you did not get the points.

Reactions: scylla