+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Suggest -> Additional 50 points thro "CRS - Arranged Employment" (ICT)

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
Hi,
I am currently working in Canada and for more than 18 months, on a Valid Work Permit (ICT).

I checked thro the CRS tool of my score before i create the profile. CRS added the "Additional points = 50", based on the new rule w.e.f Nov 19, 2016 for ICT.

Based on that, I created Express entry profile BUT the Profile doesn't seem to have considered the ICT clause and I didn't get the 50 points which I am suppose to.

My Query is

1. What is that, on EE profile, i have to enter so as to claim this additional 50 points for ICT Case. Is it a timing thing (wait for 24 hours)?
2. I also got a message to create a profile in the Job Bank - mentioning "In your profile, you said that you do not have a valid job offer in Canada".
If I create a Job bank profile, wold I be still able to claim 50 points later?

The parameters I entered for Job specific is as below

Thanks for any help

Application/profile details

Intended work in Canada

1.Does have a job offer in Canada? -> Yes
2.Is this job offer for work that is: -> Yes
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

3.Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? -> Yes

4.Four digit NOC Code -> 2173

5.How many employers made this job offer? -> 1

6.Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

i. An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? -> No

ii.An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? -> No

7.Intended location of employment in Canada

8.Province or territory -> Ontario

9. Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment

a. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? -> No
b. Is currently working in Canada? -> Yes
c. Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? -> Yes
d. Is job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? -> Yes
e. Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) -> Yes
f. Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2173
g. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
-> No
-> No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Work history

1.Does have any work history? -> Yes
2.Start Date -> June 2015
3.This is my current Job -> Yes (Check box)
4.Hours per Week -> 40
5.Four digit NOC Code -> 2173
6.Country/Territory -> Canada
7.Province/Territory -> Toronto
8.Working legally in Canada during this time? -> Yes
9.Studying full-time while doing this job? -> No
10.Which of these categories does job fall under? -> Work permit required, no LMIA required

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi,

I too have same question on claiming the 50 Points under "Arranged employment – any other NOC 0, A or B".

Is the work permit from ICT employer is enough as it was approved by CIC or any other documents are necessary.

Also what exactly is "A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident". If i have validity of Work Permit until July 2018 is sufficient to claim this point.

Please advise

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NMontD said:
Hi,

I too have same question on claiming the 50 Points under "Arranged employment – any other NOC 0, A or B".

Is the work permit from ICT employer is enough as it was approved by CIC or any other documents are necessary.

Also what exactly is "A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident". If i have validity of Work Permit until July 2018 is sufficient to claim this point.

Please advise
You would still need a letter from your employer stating what you quoted above (among other requirements)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
Hi DelPiero07
Can you pls suggest on how to avail the Additional 50 points, while creating the EE Profile.

Thanks

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
DelPiero07 - Thank you very much. I was worried since It wasn't reflecting yet. I created the EE profile an hour back. I will wait for a day and update this post.

Thanks again!

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
my EE profile got updated with additional 50 points. Jus that I had to wait for 24 hours!

Thanks again

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hello, thx for this thread.

Can you get those 50 extra points if you have a Young professional work permit and have been working for one year for your employer?

Cheers

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Thx for your reply.

I do, I'm NOC B, been working for ovr a year for my employer, mentioned on my work permit since it's a Young professional one. Still working for him and he will write me a job offer that'll be valid for at least one more year.

I'm just confused because nowhere it says Young professional work permits are allowed to claim those 50 points. Especially not on this website: https://www.canadavisa.com/news/allocation-points-job-offers-canadian-education-reforms-comprehensive-ranking-system.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx for your reply.

I do, I'm NOC B, been working for ovr a year for my employer, mentioned on my work permit since it's a Young professional one. Still working for him and he will write me a job offer that'll be valid for at least one more year.

I'm just confused because nowhere it says Young professional work permits are allowed to claim those 50 points. Especially not on this website: https://www.canadavisa.com/news/allocation-points-job-offers-canadian-education-reforms-comprehensive-ranking-system.html
You do know this is not an official IRCC website right? Stick to official sources.

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Yep, I know, it's Cohen's website and that's why I'm surprised about that "mistake".

Thank for your prompt replies and your help!

Maangill

Sep 25, 2018
Hi,
I am currently working in Canada and for more than 18 months, on a Valid Work Permit (ICT).

I checked thro the CRS tool of my score before i create the profile. CRS added the "Additional points = 50", based on the new rule w.e.f Nov 19, 2016 for ICT.

Based on that, I created Express entry profile BUT the Profile doesn't seem to have considered the ICT clause and I didn't get the 50 points which I am suppose to.

My Query is

1. What is that, on EE profile, i have to enter so as to claim this additional 50 points for ICT Case. Is it a timing thing (wait for 24 hours)?
2. I also got a message to create a profile in the Job Bank - mentioning "In your profile, you said that you do not have a valid job offer in Canada".
If I create a Job bank profile, wold I be still able to claim 50 points later?

The parameters I entered for Job specific is as below

Thanks for any help

Application/profile details

Intended work in Canada

1.Does have a job offer in Canada? -> Yes
2.Is this job offer for work that is: -> Yes
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

3.Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? -> Yes

4.Four digit NOC Code -> 2173

5.How many employers made this job offer? -> 1

6.Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

i. An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? -> No

ii.An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? -> No

7.Intended location of employment in Canada

8.Province or territory -> Ontario

9. Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment

a. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? -> No
b. Is currently working in Canada? -> Yes
c. Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? -> Yes
d. Is job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? -> Yes
e. Has been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) -> Yes
f. Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2173
g. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
-> No
-> No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Work history

1.Does have any work history? -> Yes
2.Start Date -> June 2015
3.This is my current Job -> Yes (Check box)
4.Hours per Week -> 40
5.Four digit NOC Code -> 2173
6.Country/Territory -> Canada
7.Province/Territory -> Toronto
8.Working legally in Canada during this time? -> Yes
9.Studying full-time while doing this job? -> No
10.Which of these categories does job fall under? -> Work permit required, no LMIA required
Hi PRASHYMYS,

I am in the same situation, created EE profile, but no points have been awarded for arranged employment as I am on closed work permit with employer's name on it. Worked for same employer more than an year.

I have answered the questions in the same way you did.

Can you please suggest me how to get these 50 additional points?