+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it two or one application?

muhsen

Aug 4, 2022
Hello all

I lost my status because i applied after the study permit extension deadline. This is because Quebec ministry has requested extra documents before I obtained CAQ and it takes longer time in my univeristy to process the paper work. so I applied after My study permit has expired. My question I applied and on the application there was two choices (study permit extension and restore status as student) every one wish to restore status must select these two options(both ,i.e. study extension and restore status). Now according to the processing time does my application considered as one application or two seperate applicatioons. I mean whether one officer will read the documents and take one decision or after the officer gives me the extension it will pass to another one who will decide the restoration of status. If it considered two appliactions it will take longer time? any clarification from any one is greatly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all

I lost my status because i applied after the study permit extension deadline. This is because Quebec ministry has requested extra documents before I obtained CAQ and it takes longer time in my univeristy to process the paper work. so I applied after My study permit has expired. My question I applied and on the application there was two choices (study permit extension and restore status as student) every one wish to restore status must select these two options(both ,i.e. study extension and restore status). Now according to the processing time does my application considered as one application or two seperate applicatioons. I mean whether one officer will read the documents and take one decision or after the officer gives me the extension it will pass to another one who will decide the restoration of status. If it considered two appliactions it will take longer time? any clarification from any one is greatly appreciated.
Assume you took an official leave because you can’t study while waiting for restoration AND approval of the study permit. You are choosing both options at the same time, but it may or may not be processed at the same time. You will not know until approval.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html