+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true that INTRA COMPANY TRANSFEREE can't apply for Immigration?

Mr.Maker

Oct 11, 2009
Hi, immigration experts.

I heard it from my boss that there is no immigration option for INTRA COMPANY TRANSFEREE.
"If you have a work permit that is issued under intra company transfer program, you can't apply for an immigration."

Is it true? Do you know which part of the regulation or OP say it?

Aug 25, 2013
Mr.Maker said:
Hi, immigration experts.

I heard it from my boss that there is no immigration option for INTRA COMPANY TRANSFEREE.
"If you have a work permit that is issued under intra company transfer program, you can't apply for an immigration."

Is it true? Do you know which part of the regulation or OP say it?
Thats rubbish. Of course you can apply

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
That is not true. I know few people who are on ICT and have applied under CEC. They have got AOR as well.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
karanJ said:
That is not true. I know few people who are on ICT and have applied under CEC. They have got AOR as well.
Second that. The myth that ICT doen't make you eligible under CEC is BS.

krmmtl

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Passport Req..
31-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2013
LANDED..........
15-08-2013
iam_toby said:
Second that. The myth that ICT doen't make you eligible under CEC is BS.
I'm an ICT and I got my PR through CEC, so yes it is total BS

kaanva

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3 Jan 2013
I know at least a Dozen people who were Inter Company Transferees, applied under CEC and received their PR.

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
whivere gave you this info abt ICTs cant apply for PR is totally false

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Absolute rubbish! CEC category does NOT stipulate any restrictions on ICT, IEC or any other programs, aside from the normal rules - which apply to everyone: 1 yr of paid professional experience in canada, admissibility and language requirements. Follow the CEC manual/checklist and you should be good to go!

Best of luck...

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Mr.Maker, a right topic at the right time. Thanks to you first!

Guys,
I am an ICT and I have applied under CEC. I am yet to receive my AOR. Recently I came to know that some of my friends' application was rejected due to non-availability of an employment letter. But they have provided an explanation letter along with the supporting documents when they posted the application.

Most of the ICT employees will not be provided with the letter by the company. So could you please help me with what should I do here.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
kprs_ind said:
Guys,
I am an ICT and I have applied under CEC. I am yet to receive my AOR. Recently I came to know that some of my friends' application was rejected due to non-availability of an employment letter. But they have provided an explanation letter along with the supporting documents when they posted the application.
Most of the ICT employees will not be provided with the letter by the company. So could you please help me with what should I do here.
Your friend....did they provide evidence that their request for an employment confirmation letter was rejected? Email/letter from supervisor, HR or manager? What kind of supporting documents, aside from the explanation letter, did they include?

I want to say include anything available: explanation letter, email or letter rejection of request for employment confirmation, internal position posting, job description, evaluations or reviews discussing duties, colleagues confirmation of position/duties in the form of affidavit or reference, if one had clients then letters from them speaking to your role.....but I feel you've probably heard all of this before. Best bet: find everything and anything you can to confirm your case...

Maybe seniors have other ideas!!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
They included,

1) Copies of Canadian work permit obtained by my employer to work for <Company Name> for the past 2 years - Indicates specific periods of employment.
2) Copies of T4 forms and Notice of assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency -- For the past 2 years, shows that I have been employed with <Company Name> since April 2011
3) Monthly Earnings statements for Canadian work experience for the period of work in Canada -- Indicates hours worked per month
& Indicates my salary
4) Copy of letter of introduction issued by my employer at the time of my initial deputation to Canada -- Indicates my position and job duties
5) A letter from my employer sent to Canadian High Commission supporting my work permit application -- Indicates my role and position at work
6) Monthly Earnings statements for Indian work experience (to show a total of 3 years work exp with the same company) -- Indicates my designation at work and a proof of my employment with the employer in India
7) Joining Letter from <Company Name> In India -- Indicates my joining date
8 ) 5 year Service and Commitment Award from <Company Name> -- Recognition to my 5 year continuous service to the same employer (in locations across the world)

Do these docs justify or substantiate the employment and work experience in Canada?

CEC2013 said:
Your friend....did they provide evidence that their request for an employment confirmation letter was rejected? Email/letter from supervisor, HR or manager? What kind of supporting documents, aside from the explanation letter, did they include?

I want to say include anything available: explanation letter, email or letter rejection of request for employment confirmation, internal position posting, job description, evaluations or reviews discussing duties, colleagues confirmation of position/duties in the form of affidavit or reference, if one had clients then letters from them speaking to your role.....but I feel you've probably heard all of this before. Best bet: find everything and anything you can to confirm your case...

Maybe seniors have other ideas!!

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
For your own personal privacy and safety.....I would highly suggest removing any actual data (i.e. COMPANY NAME) from your posts!! Just sayin... ;D

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
kprs_ind said:
1) Copies of Canadian work permit obtained by my employer to work for the past 2 years - Indicates specific periods of employment. REQUIRED
2) Copies of T4 forms and NOA issued by CRA -- For the past 2 years, shows that I have been with employer since April 2011 REQUIRED
3) Monthly Earnings statements for Canadian work experience -- Indicates hours worked per month & my salary GOOD
4) Copy of letter of introduction issued by my employer at the time of my initial deputation -- Indicates my position and job duties GOOD
5) Letter from my employer sent to High Commission supporting work permit application -- Indicates role and position at work GOOD
6) Monthly Earnings statements for Indian work experience (to show a total of 3 years work exp with the same company) -- Indicates my designation at work and a proof of my employment with the employer in India IRRELEVANT (my opinion) - only CAN applies (included earlier)
7) Joining Letter from employer In India -- Indicates my joining date GOOD
8) 5 year Service and Commitment Award from employer -- Recognition to my 5 year continuous service to the same employer IRRELEVANT (my opinion) - does not speak to Canada specifically

Do these docs justify or substantiate the employment and work experience in Canada?
I think you are on the right track here!!

Personally, this is what I think is missing (if possible):

1) Email or letter from Canadian employer/branch REJECTING your request for confirmation of employment (supervisor, HR or manager - or all 3)
IMPORTANT to show you tried - to go with explanation letter
2) Try to obtain a job description from HR
if they reject this request - include that as well (shows you are trying to confirm)
3) Internal posting - job competition (if applicable) for your position
4) Colleagues testimonials, reference letter or affidavits speaking to your role (someone of significance - a supervisory role you have worked with)
5) Client letters, references or affidavits speaking to your role (someone who you have worked with)
6) Performance evaluation or reviews, if any (that mention your role and duties)

Thats all that comes to mind now. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. But all of these, should give a good foundation for at least having a chance at an application. Its worth a try! Maybe some seniors have additional ideas...

I've removed your company name from my quotes and added comments to your previous post. Check out my listed items and comments to yours. Hope it helps a little at least.

PS: Before I forget ... my employer was skeptical about giving me a letter as well. The way I got around this or convinced them, if you will, is by stating that "they are not supporting my immigration, but rather confirming my employment with them". All you need is a letter stating what you did while here in Canada. To make for a stronger argument, I included the CIC checklist, which says what the letter will look like....and EMPHASIZE, nowhere does it state that they are supporting your pursuit.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
CEC2013 said:

1) Email or letter from Canadian employer/branch REJECTING your request for confirmation of employment (supervisor, HR or manager - or all 3)
if they reject this request - include that as well (shows you are trying to confirm)
4) Colleagues testimonials, reference letter or affidavits speaking to your role (someone of significance - a supervisory role you have worked with)
5) Client letters, references or affidavits speaking to your role (someone who you have worked with)
6) Performance evaluation or reviews, if any (that mention your role and duties)

Thats all that comes to mind now. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. But all of these, should give a good foundation for at least having a chance at an application. Its worth a try! Maybe some seniors have additional ideas...

I've removed your company name from my quotes and added comments to your previous post. Check out my listed items and comments to yours. Hope it helps a little at least.

PS: Before I forget ... my employer was skeptical about giving me a letter as well. The way I got around this or convinced them, if you will, is by stating that "they are not supporting my immigration, but rather confirming my employment with them". All you need is a letter stating what you did while here in Canada. To make for a stronger argument, I included the CIC checklist, which says what the letter will look like....and EMPHASIZE, nowhere does it state that they are supporting your pursuit.
CEC2013 said:

1) I had a discussion and verbal confirmation. But don't have an email for that. I already submitted my application with the mentioned documents. -- Is it okay if I try to get this email or letter now and send it to attach with my file after I receive the AOR?

Can I try to get these documents now and send it later after AOR?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
kprs_ind said:
1) I had a discussion and verbal confirmation. But don't have an email for that. I already submitted my application with the mentioned documents. -- Is it okay if I try to get this email or letter now and send it to attach with my file after I receive the AOR?

Can I try to get these documents now and send it later after AOR?
Understand you. Hard copy evidence is incontrovertible....at least in my book!

Yes...of course! I would even encourage it. Until they have processed your application, you can provide whatever you feel is necessary to support your claims. The good part even that you can email scanned copies of all of these to CPP-O....and not waste time sending by post.

Its not over until its over....so do what you need to do. Every little bit helps, I think. In the meantime, some other ppl on here might come up with other ideas to help.