+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it serious? I did not mention my internship in my application?

sorutome

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi,

I did an internship for 1.5 years in a Canadian company after I finished my third year at university. In my EE application, in the PERSONAL EXPERIENCE section, I did not mention this internship as I thought it could be part of my university experience.

I already got ITA and submitted my EE application. I wonder now if I should let CIC know about this internship... but not sure if there is something I can do now?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If they discover it, you may be in trouble for omitting it. It's a significant period of time and something you could have added in personal history.

I had a 1 year internship mid degree. I also worked during my full time studies...

I'm not sure. You could own up or keep quiet. Both carry risks.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Dude if you didn't intend to claim points for it you didn't have to mention it i guess

But now post ita you can mention it in personal history.

Am i right?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I think OP has already sent it all off...

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Ouch!

Im in the same situation but i didn't submit documents yet so I'll add my paid internship and periods of unemployment.

I hope someone here can help you, if there's anyway to send a LOE or something similar after submitting application

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
If they discover it, you may be in trouble for omitting it. It's a significant period of time and something you could have added in personal history.

I had a 1 year internship mid degree. I also worked during my full time studies...

I'm not sure. You could own up or keep quiet. Both carry risks.
if somebody mentions some work in the EE work history, and then removes it (before ITA) because maybe it is hard to validate its legitimacy/proof etc..... then is it mandatory to mention that in the personal history in the future? Since the paid internship was during studies and not part of studies, could it be optional for personal history

D

Deleted member 1050918

if somebody mentions some work in the EE work history, and then removes it (before ITA) because maybe it is hard to validate its legitimacy/proof etc..... then is it mandatory to mention that in the personal history in the future? Since the paid internship was during studies and not part of studies, could it be optional for personal history
It is mandatory to mention all activities (even overlapping activities), be it studies, work experience or internships, or even unemployment, in one's personal history. So it really doesn't even have to do with adding/removing before/after ITA. General practice is you don't add any work/internship that'd be hard to validate in your work history, but you add them in your personal history as they won't be asked validation for.

Reactions: ValGonzal

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
It is mandatory to mention all activities (even overlapping activities), be it studies, work experience or internships, or even unemployment, in one's personal history. So it really doesn't even have to do with adding/removing before/after ITA. General practice is you don't add any work/internship that'd be hard to validate in your work history, but you add them in your personal history as they won't be asked validation for.
What if i didn't mention them in my HCP work experience and got my PNP, Now I want to include them for my EE application under personal history. Do I have to write LOE?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Where can I find this information, I only see that personal history has no gaps, but didn't see that we should mention all our internships during university time?

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hi,

I did an internship for 1.5 years in a Canadian company after I finished my third year at university. In my EE application, in the PERSONAL EXPERIENCE section, I did not mention this internship as I thought it could be part of my university experience.

I already got ITA and submitted my EE application. I wonder now if I should let CIC know about this internship... but not sure if there is something I can do now?
Hey could you provide an update? What did you do and how did it turn out?