+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it Possible

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
Attention PMM and all guys learned about Canadian Study permit,
I apply for study permit in Canadian commission in Lagos Nigeria and after 8weeks i received my parcel with a letter indicating that my application was refused and no specific reason was given for the refusal.Is it possible that an applicant can fail all the condition for study permit.I submitted all the required documents to the best of my knowledge.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
A study permit will be issued only if you convince them you will return home after your studies are completed.

My guess is that you didn't convince them you would return home.

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
Thaiguy,

Am lost because what you mentioned was not written in the refusal letter,i mean not a single reason was given for the refusal.its real amazing,those guys in the embassy must be crazy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaiguy said:
If you look at the CIC website, it will give you more guidance.
The refusal letter is supposed to give the reasons for the refusal, time to fax the CHC for the reasons.

PMM

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
PMM,

I think you understand me,when refusal letter did not mention anything specifically is it possible that i have failed to convince the visa officer in all the immigration aspect,also how do i fax the CHC,and who do i address my complains to?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

otunba said:
PMM,

I think you understand me,when refusal letter did not mention anything specifically is it possible that i have failed to convince the visa officer in all the immigration aspect,also how do i fax the CHC,and who do i address my complains to?
Look at the website for CHC where you applied, there is an email address. The refusal letter is signed by someone. If they letter states along the lines, that don't think you would return, are not established in your home country, course of study is available in your home country, as the reasons, that is all you are going to get.

PMM

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
PMM,

So you mean i can fail all the basic requirements to get a study permit,because my refusal letter was not signed and all the reasons for refusal was stated with none indicated as the reason for not approving the visa

prashant1111

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
I got rejection in study visa for Jan 2014 for Dalhousie University Sad.. the reason of refusal:your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous stdies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.
I got admission in dalhousie UNI for M.engg in internetworking. my profile is B.E (E&C) 58% (10 backlogs with repeatation) and an year gap during U.G means B.E completed in 5 years. IELTS- 6.5 (min 6 in each),also my final year project was on networking and I have also submitted a certificate from a private institute of N+, CCNA, MCSE where I have done training of these networking courses .. sufficient funds shown, applied under university category.. now how to resolve this issue with this profile?? plz guide me, I am desparately looking for help on this as I want to re-apply soon for the same intake..

so, In my new SOP for re-application, should I state 1 year gap clearly ? ( which was during UG after completion of my 1st year. means 2008 to 2009 no marksheets they would find) OR say it like additional thing I did due to much eagerness for knowing the subject which I love ?.. but in that time I did few networking courses for 10 months which is my propective subject to pursue in canada.....