+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to travel back home on student permit when you are currently not registered?

P rocky

Nov 13, 2017
Hi,

Is it possible for an International student to go back to his home country for couple of months while he is on study permit but not registered at the moment. Would he have any difficulties entering back to Canada (under the condition that the VISA is still valid) and he would have other paperwork on him including eTA & work permit etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to provide more information. Have you stopped attending school? Or are you on a scheduled break?

If you have stopped attending school / dropped out of school the you should be aware that your study permit will be automatically canceled once you have been out of school for more than 90 days.

P rocky

Nov 13, 2017
You'll need to provide more information. Have you stopped attending school? Or are you on a scheduled break?

If you have stopped attending school / dropped out of school the you should be aware that your study permit will be automatically canceled once you have been out of school for more than 90 days.

Yes I have indeed dropped out of school. Its been more than 90 days, so you mean if I try to enter back to Canada, they won't allow me to?

And it won't matter if I have a few months left on my Visa at that point?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your ETA is still valid then you can enter on your ETA. Assume your study permit has been canceled already if it's been more than 90 days.

Hopefully you're not still working and stop working as soon as you dropped out of school.

P rocky

Nov 13, 2017
If your ETA is still valid then you can enter on your ETA. Assume your study permit has been canceled already if it's been more than 90 days.

Hopefully you're not still working and stop working as soon as you dropped out of school.

I'm sorry I didn't get the last part. I was going to apply for ETA in a week.

I am working, but it's mostly self employed work via UBER and so forth. So non of the records would show that I was still working. Nothing is coming on my SIN since I have dropped out.

I appreciate your messages, I wasn't aware of these facts before so thank you so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry I didn't get the last part. I was going to apply for ETA in a week.

I am working, but it's mostly self employed work via UBER and so forth. So non of the records would show that I was still working. Nothing is coming on my SIN since I have dropped out.

I appreciate your messages, I wasn't aware of these facts before so thank you so much.
You've been working illegally in that case - regardless of whether anything has been recorded or not.

CBSA may wonder what you've been doing and how you've been supporting yourself since dropping out of school. It's possible you may face increase scrutiny when you return to Canada.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh

Due to unavoidable circumstances,I had to come back to India from Canada right after landing in Canada in December.My study visa and study permit is valid till September 2020 and I,now,have taken admission CEGEP,paid the fees and also done with the CAQ.So,I wanted to know how to proceed.Do I need to apply for a new study visa or I can land in Canada with the same visa and get it extended while in Canada? I emailed the Honourable High Commission of Canada but didn't get an appropriate response. I'll be highly thankful to you if you can help me with this. I've updated the new DLI on the CIC portal though.