+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to search job in Canada from India?

nitinjs

Jun 30, 2015
IN
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
nav2014 said:
My Friend immigrated to canada 8 months back and he got 5 interviews in a month and got a job with 85K salary in IT /Developer. So we can't write off such things... its depends on person to person and how we present things ... and based on our attitude....
WOW

ash19

Oct 15, 2015
Hi,
I have followed some of your posts. I understand you are open to helping people land with jobs once they come to Canada. Me and my husband are in the process of waiting for express entry, I want to know your experience with the process of express entry as well as landing a job there.
Awaiting your response.

Thanks

Ali_Y

Nov 19, 2013
This is the most negative and frustrating comment I came across, If Canadians are born IT professionals as you claim, then why this 5+ demand in FSW streams ? I think you guys are over estimating the situation.

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can look at what's avaliable in the job market on Job Bank Canada, Indeed, Monster, etc any job listing sites.

But it is very difficult to apply for a job outside of Canada, without a PR card. You should contact someone from the Indian communities and see if they can help you ask around about jobs in your field. That way, you can already be prepared when you get PR.

You can definitely shop around for the opportunities though. If you go for the lower end of trades or retail or something, it may be faster.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Quite an interesting read. Definitely worrisome, a couple of posts were. I am a PR Visa aspirant in the FSWP.

"But it is very difficult to apply for a job outside of Canada, without a PR card."

My question is, do the chances improve once we get our PR Visa? I don't want to quit my current job and fly to Canada without a job offer.
Do we get ample opportunities once we have our PR?

Please let me know. Getting a PR in itself is quite expensive from where I live.
Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Quite an interesting read. Definitely worrisome, a couple of posts were. I am a PR Visa aspirant in the FSWP.

"But it is very difficult to apply for a job outside of Canada, without a PR card."

My question is, do the chances improve once we get our PR Visa? I don't want to quit my current job and fly to Canada without a job offer.
Do we get ample opportunities once we have our PR?

Please let me know. Getting a PR in itself is quite expensive from where I live.
Thanks in advance.
The challenge is persuading any employer from outside the country that an individual has skills that they are willing to wait for regardless whether they have PR approval or not.

Until someone actually completes a landing they are not formally a PR hence the reluctance of employers to make offers until an individual is actually in the country and ready to take up a position that someone already here could fill.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution and emigrating is a big risk/challenge whichever way anyone looks at it. For some people it works and everything slots into place for others, quite a few others I expect, the move does not work out, dreams are shattered and they return home.

Many approach this challenge by doing a short landing to complete the PR process and then spend couple weeks networking around a few companies they may have introduced themselves to from their home country beforehand given at least this shows firm intent to actually emigrate.

In the end I guess the real question for anyone might be why did I apply to emigrate in the first place ? As said for many the reality of such a big decision only hits home when they arrive and maybe find that Canada has a lot of the same issues as home just a different place.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
The challenge is persuading any employer from outside the country that an individual has skills that they are willing to wait for regardless whether they have PR approval or not.

Until someone actually completes a landing they are not formally a PR hence the reluctance of employers to make offers until an individual is actually in the country and ready to take up a position that someone already here could fill.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution and emigrating is a big risk/challenge whichever way anyone looks at it. For some people it works and everything slots into place for others, quite a few others I expect, the move does not work out, dreams are shattered and they return home.

Many approach this challenge by doing a short landing to complete the PR process and then spend couple weeks networking around a few companies they may have introduced themselves to from their home country beforehand given at least this shows firm intent to actually emigrate.

In the end I guess the real question for anyone might be why did I apply to emigrate in the first place ? As said for many the reality of such a big decision only hits home when they arrive and maybe find that Canada has a lot of the same issues as home just a different place.
Too true. Thanks for the frank response. Perhaps, the chances are better with PR Visa? The employers may take a look seeing a valid PR Visa? As you stated earlier, the risk is present, one way or the other.

FromINDIA2674

Star Member
May 3, 2017
India
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-07-2017
Med's Request
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
I am in the field of advertising, branding and marketing back here in India. I have my own small time business and consult various small and mid size companies. I have a masters degree in communications from USA and a PhD in Marketing from India. I plan to come to Canada Quebec as a Quebec Skilled Worker. My knowledge of French is average. What are the prospects of me getting a job in Quebec province? I have a family to look after and would not like to risk my family if the job scenario is as bad as some people on this forum are mentioning. Please advise.

jonsnow19

Sep 5, 2017
Hi

Quite an amazing post with a lot of eye-opening comments. I understand everyone here is trying to help each other, be it the silky way or the harsh way. However, I believe there's always something positive about everything. I am planning to apply for a PR and where I live, it will cost around $CDN 4K for the same. I am in an operations job here paying me about $CDN 15K (i.e. 8 lacs per annum INR) and quite understand it might be difficult to land in a perfect job early.

Is there any immigrant here who can help me out with a clear picture of coming there because am majorly about money and a better professional life. I want to earn big, save, have a beautiful family and make my dreams come true.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi

Quite an amazing post with a lot of eye-opening comments. I understand everyone here is trying to help each other, be it the silky way or the harsh way. However, I believe there's always something positive about everything. I am planning to apply for a PR and where I live, it will cost around $CDN 4K for the same. I am in an operations job here paying me about $CDN 15K (i.e. 8 lacs per annum INR) and quite understand it might be difficult to land in a perfect job early.

Is there any immigrant here who can help me out with a clear picture of coming there because am majorly about money and a better professional life. I want to earn big, save, have a beautiful family and make my dreams come true.
Sounds like a good objective to have but have you looked to see if you qualify to immigrate http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp