+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to re-open Super Visa TRV for re-consideration due to mistake?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I heard someone else mention that they did a re-open. I would like to know if you have a source for this.

Thanks,

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
studypermitportal said:
Yes you can. My rep did it for me.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please shed some light on the following:

1- How long did it take for the file to re-open?
2- How long did they take to process it?
3- Why did you chose to re-open? was it giving you better chances?

Also, can you please provide me your rep's number / name.

Thanks,

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
torontob said:
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please shed some light on the following:

1- How long did it take for the file to re-open?
2- How long did they take to process it?
3- Why did you chose to re-open? was it giving you better chances?

Also, can you please provide me your rep's number / name.

Thanks,
Wouldn't it be easier and faster just to do as PMM said? TRVs are not like PR applications... they are way faster...

lovemj1225

Mar 29, 2015
parents visitor visa without my bank statement, is that possible

Hello there, i am new here. I am dying to invite my parents, i have all the papers and documents that immigrations needs (my t4, NOA, letter from letter and even their return flight and three months medical insurance), but I dont have enough money to put into my bank account to show to the immigration. Probably I only have like two thousand in my account. Please help me! Should I continue to apply them?

Do I really need or my partner needs to show our bank statement.

Thanks so much!!!!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Jalex23 said:
Wouldn't it be easier and faster just to do as PMM said? TRVs are not like PR applications... they are way faster...
The officers got some info wrong and it can easily be explained in a re-opening. I would like to know all the options. Unfortunately, there are no statistics so either ways might be good to take but I would like to know all the options and other's experiences.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
torontob said:
The officers got some info wrong and it can easily be explained in a re-opening.
This is not that rare on TRV applications. What we usually suggest is to just file a new application adding this information to the explanation letter (and any other relevant support documentation). This is way smoother and faster than going through an appeal process and has much more rate of success that trying to show CIC made a mistake.

The only benefit of having CIC "reconsider" is that you won't have to answer yes when asked "have you ever been refused a visa?".... which can be easily explained by "yes, not enough support documentation, but granted after second submission" and get on with your life.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Jalex23 said:
This is not that rare on TRV applications. What we usually suggest is to just file a new application adding this information to the explanation letter (and any other relevant support documentation). This is way smoother and faster than going through an appeal process and has much more rate of success that trying to show CIC made a mistake.

The only benefit of having CIC "reconsider" is that you won't have to answer yes when asked "have you ever been refused a visa?".... which can be easily explained by "yes, not enough support documentation, but granted after second submission" and get on with your life.
All said are good reasons. I am wondering thought that by re-filing I take away the chance to ask to re-consider when they clearly made a mistake. Of course another officer can come up with a different which they happen to do all the time per this forum. I am considering refilling but I would like to know the time lines and for interest of everyone here it would be nice to know that approach as well. I would like to know if anyone can share their experience?

Thanks,