+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get a job offer?

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Did your employer send you the offer letter before LMIA got approved? And Do you mind sharing the law firm that your employer went through? Asking coz I got an verbal offer and LMIA process is supposed to get started anytime soon. No official offer letter yet.
Thank you
yes I had a provisional job offer (provisional on the LMIA). They used Beigel Law

iamchie

Jun 14, 2021
Good Day Everyone,

Can I ask how to apply for a job in Canada? and I need to know what process will I take. I have 10 years of experience as a Data Entry Clerk and 2 years of experience as a sales associate. Is it possible to work in Canada?.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day Everyone,

Can I ask how to apply for a job in Canada? and I need to know what process will I take. I have 10 years of experience as a Data Entry Clerk and 2 years of experience as a sales associate. Is it possible to work in Canada?.
What is your status in Canada?

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
so far nothing and I haven't been to Canada I would like to ask if I can apply to Canada with my skill.
Unlikely as there is little in your experience that sounds like you have a skill which couldn’t be found in the local labour market so a LMIA would be difficult.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't have that yet NOC, I'm here in the Philippines, I want to ask first
You need a valid job offer with LMIA. Then you apply for a closed work permit. If the company hiring you is a reputable then the company will have lawyers or HR handling the permits.

Reactions: iamchie

ultra15

Nov 13, 2018
I guess I was lucky. I found a company who wanted me and went through the whole LMIA process, employed an immigration lawyer to sort out my work permit, my wife's work permit and all the permits for my kids. They also employed me on contract to work remotely until all the official stuff was solved. I've been here just short of 4 weeks.

They even couriered me a company credit card so that I could use it to pay my quarantine hotel bill.

So it is possible but from what people are saying on here it is quite rare.
An employer is willing to process my LMIA also. How long did it take for your employer to have LMIA approval from the processing date? Thank you