+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get a job offer?

NITHAMANESH

May 14, 2021
My name is Nitha. I had completed m tech in applied electronics and I have 3yr of experience as an assistant professor in an engineering college. Is it possible to get a job offer me so that I can improve my crs score?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Probably not. You need to get a job offer and then the employer needs to file for a LMIA. Pay $1000 and prove no Canadain or PR could be hired to do the job and show that hiring you will expand their business. The process can be long, lots of paperwork so few employers go through the process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My name is Nitha. I had completed m tech in applied electronics and I have 3yr of experience as an assistant professor in an engineering college. Is it possible to get a job offer me so that I can improve my crs score?
You should assume that it will not be possible. Focus on other ways to improve your score such as maxing out your IELTS test results, learning French, taking additional degrees, etc.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Everything is possible, you just need to try again and again
To get a job from outside Canada, in these days without having seen the candidate, is less than zero. We have plenty of unemployed at present thanks to Covid.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
I guess I was lucky. I found a company who wanted me and went through the whole LMIA process, employed an immigration lawyer to sort out my work permit, my wife's work permit and all the permits for my kids. They also employed me on contract to work remotely until all the official stuff was solved. I've been here just short of 4 weeks.

They even couriered me a company credit card so that I could use it to pay my quarantine hotel bill.

So it is possible but from what people are saying on here it is quite rare.

2ndLife

Jun 4, 2021
Probably not. You need to get a job offer and then the employer needs to file for a LMIA. Pay $1000 and prove no Canadain or PR could be hired to do the job and show that hiring you will expand their business. The process can be long, lots of paperwork so few employers go through the process.
So its kind of true, that one has to pay huge $$$$$ to get a LMIA from a Canadian Employer to get a work visa!!!

2ndLife

Jun 4, 2021
I guess I was lucky. I found a company who wanted me and went through the whole LMIA process, employed an immigration lawyer to sort out my work permit, my wife's work permit and all the permits for my kids. They also employed me on contract to work remotely until all the official stuff was solved. I've been here just short of 4 weeks.

They even couriered me a company credit card so that I could use it to pay my quarantine hotel bill.

So it is possible but from what people are saying on here it is quite rare.
Thats awesome....would you mind telling how long the whole process took from start to end?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thats awesome....would you mind telling how long the whole process took from start to end?
Yes. If your special skill is hard to find in Canada, your employer will need to apply for LMIA. And they will pay for the processing fee.

The critical part is to have this kind of skill and/or work experience and find an employer that's willing to go through the cost and time of this process.
Good luck with that.

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
I was offered the job in October and arrived the end of April
Did your employer send you the offer letter before LMIA got approved? And Do you mind sharing the law firm that your employer went through? Asking coz I got an verbal offer and LMIA process is supposed to get started anytime soon. No official offer letter yet.
Thank you

Last edited: