+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it possible to escalate my PR process as a convention/protected person?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
yes i know it would take longer, but some of my friends who had their court a few days,or a few weeks before me,got their biometric and background check letter so I hope that i get mine soon.

and what do you mean by " incredibly unusual?
I think if you write a request there is a possibility that ur situation may escalate ur process. There is always a chance better try ur luck. Atleast if not expedited. Atleast can be prioritized or start working on. In my opinion you can also ask your mpp to write a letter to IRCC with all your issues and concerns why it’s should be expedited.

Reactions: Jahprovideesp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think if you write a request there is a possibility that ur situation may escalate ur process. There is always a chance better try ur luck. Atleast if not expedited. Atleast can be prioritized or start working on. In my opinion you can also ask your mpp to write a letter to IRCC with all your issues and concerns why it’s should be expedited.
Would be MP because immigration is a federal issue It is unclear why there is a need to go to the US so hard to comment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes i know it would take longer, but some of my friends who had their court a few days,or a few weeks before me,got their biometric and background check letter so I hope that i get mine soon.

and what do you mean by " incredibly unusual?
Comparing your processing time to others as a reason why your application should be expedited isn't likely to do much. There is never a promise of exactly the same pricessing times for every protected person or asylum claimant. There a fluctuation in processing times for various reasons and there was never a promise of a standard processing time. You will likely receive a response that every case is different and so processing timea will be different.

Could you give us an idea of why you need to go to the US? If we had an if this was serious and more of a life or death situation we could perhaps give you more ideas.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
another question, should i upload my biometric counterfoil myself? because there is an section in my cic online account that tells me I have to upload fingerprints? or immigration will updated it?
P.S: it is a mandatory field that I have to upload my fingerprint, in the " view submitted application or upload documents" section.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
hi guys, can anyone help me out how to fill the "GOVERNMENT POSITIONS" form?i used to be an elementary school teacher,and now I'm retired.

and also should I upload my fingerprint receipt on the cic web site or they will send the report themself? because there is an open section for both the fingerprints and the government position form.thank you helping me my friends.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
so finally i could talk to someone over the phone and the lady on the other side sent me an email explaining me how to request to return my passport.we have to write and send a letter and ask them to return our passport. I also share the email below:

Return of your identity documents

If your identity documents were not returned to you when you became a permanent resident and you wish to have them back, please send a written request to the office and include:

• The list of the requested original identity documents, and
  • The reason of your request, including an explanation that you became a permanent resident without your documents.
The list of offices is available on our website.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I also asked the lady i need to go abroad so i have to change my RTD, and she told me i can have them both(my old passport and RTD)at the same time, but i cant renew my old passport!I heard a lot here that a refugee cant renew or even travel with its old passport from back home country.but the agent i talked, she told me i can and there is nothing wrong with it.so whats the deal,should we renew our travel document or our old passport?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also asked the lady i need to go abroad so i have to change my RTD, and she told me i can have them both(my old passport and RTD)at the same time, but i cant renew my old passport!I heard a lot here that a refugee cant renew or even travel with its old passport from back home country.but the agent i talked, she told me i can and there is nothing wrong with it.so whats the deal,should we renew our travel document or our old passport?
Unfortunately the phone line is often wrong. If you are a protected person you can't renew your home country passport or use your home country passport to travel. You risk losing your protected person status if you use your home country passport.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Unfortunately the phone line is often wrong. If you are a protected person you can't renew your home country passport or use your home country passport to travel. You risk losing your protected person status if you use your home country passport.
I am a permanent resident of Canada now.I still cant use it?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
That’s the same thing I have been told by cbsa verbally and the only thing is some
Members in this group is saying no you can’t use it so therefore I wrote an email to them and am waiting for a written reply so that we are clear what to use for travel as my RTD and home country passport both are valid and I need to travel soon.

Reactions: hamasi

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
That’s the same thing I have been told by cbsa verbally and the only thing is some
Members in this group is saying no you can’t use it so therefore I wrote an email to them and am waiting for a written reply so that we are clear what to use for travel as my RTD and home country passport both are valid and I need to travel soon.
perfect, i really appreciate if you can share the respond with us so that we will decide what to do. in my case, the thing is my RTD will expire soon, and my back home country's passport has been already expired. I am totally between between these contradictory notions.if it is possible just take a screenshot of the response and share it here,that would be a great help.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
perfect, i really appreciate if you can share the respond with us so that we will decide what to do. in my case, the thing is my RTD will expire soon, and my back home country's passport has been already expired. I am totally between between these contradictory notions.if it is possible just take a screenshot of the response and share it here,that would be a great help.
I will

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You can not use your passport nor renew it. I have read about 5 cessation applications apart from the reavailment which most protected person are aware of. Renew your passport is one of those reason... using your passport lets say to cross to the US, is another reason on presumption that when you use your passport it comes with all the previledge as a citizen of that country, incase you face any problem that requires consular assistance or removal, they will contact your embassy ( that you fled and claim refugee ). Thats the reasons why statistics shows that Minister wins almost every cessation application. Justice website has resources to read

https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx