+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to convert TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) to Work Permit?

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
Respected members and seniors,

I want to know some relevant details about converting the TRP to a valid work permit. Is it possible? As my agent informed, he is registered in Canada for hiring foreign nationals to Canada legally and the whole process is as below:
1) Getting required documents from candidate
2) Background verification
3) Sending updated resume to a lawyer (obviously Government lawyer), who is in Canada
4) Starting job hunt
5) Starting Visa (TRP) filing process
6) Then arranging interviews with the Company in Canada via online (Still I am not able to understand why this process is been initiated after applying for the Visa / Permit. As per my view, interview should be done before the application of Visa / Permit. Seniors please help me to understand this, as I am not aware of Canada process)
7) Once Visa / TRP approved then air tickets from company will be provided to the candidate
8) Once arrived, within 1 week 2 years of work permit will be stamped in passport.

The candidate will be provided with a valid approved offer / appointment letter from the company.

Please be noted that for all these process he is not charging for himself as all the charges are legal as mentioned in CIC website and an additional 500 CAD for the lawyer. As per him, the company which is hiring the candidate is paying him the one month salary as his fees. So the candidate has to pay around 1200 CAD (667 + 500) for the whole process.

Respected members and seniors, I need your guidance to know whether this entire process is legal or just a fraud?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Other can comment as well but this has all the makings of a usual scam seen on here given employers do not pay for airfares for a start. There is no such thing as I am aware of government lawyers looking after individual immigration applications, commercial lawyers for a fee maybe.

An employer would need to apply for an LMIA , cost 1000 CDN to them, advertise the job for months to ensure no resident were available and only then would anything move forward with a work permit which would come as a package, permit plus authority to travel to Canada.

So suspicion about (6) well founded

TRPs by the way if that is what you really mean are generally a TRV (visitor permit) for people who are not readily admissable to Canada.

Last edited:

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
Thank you Bs65, for the prompt reply. He advised me as TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) which will legally allow someone for a maximum period of 2 years (depending on approval from immigration).

This reply helped me a lot to think it again, also will be waiting for other respected members comments also.

Thank you once again Bs65.

Also I want to say that the said agent had sent some candidates through the same process and they are working in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Respected members and seniors,

I want to know some relevant details about converting the TRP to a valid work permit. Is it possible? As my agent informed, he is registered in Canada for hiring foreign nationals to Canada legally and the whole process is as below:
1) Getting required documents from candidate
2) Background verification
3) Sending updated resume to a lawyer (obviously Government lawyer), who is in Canada
4) Starting job hunt
5) Starting Visa (TRP) filing process
6) Then arranging interviews with the Company in Canada via online (Still I am not able to understand why this process is been initiated after applying for the Visa / Permit. As per my view, interview should be done before the application of Visa / Permit. Seniors please help me to understand this, as I am not aware of Canada process)
7) Once Visa / TRP approved then air tickets from company will be provided to the candidate
8) Once arrived, within 1 week 2 years of work permit will be stamped in passport.

The candidate will be provided with a valid approved offer / appointment letter from the company.

Please be noted that for all these process he is not charging for himself as all the charges are legal as mentioned in CIC website and an additional 500 CAD for the lawyer. As per him, the company which is hiring the candidate is paying him the one month salary as his fees. So the candidate has to pay around 1200 CAD (667 + 500) for the whole process.

Respected members and seniors, I need your guidance to know whether this entire process is legal or just a fraud?
This is a scam.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Bs65, for the prompt reply. He advised me as TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) which will legally allow someone for a maximum period of 2 years (depending on approval from immigration).

This reply helped me a lot to think it again, also will be waiting for other respected members comments also.

Thank you once again Bs65.

Also I want to say that the said agent had sent some candidates through the same process and they are working in Canada.
Again - this is a scam. Everything about this is wrong.

TRPs are very difficult to get. They are available only to individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime. Are you currently inadmissible to Canada due to a crime?

You almost certainly do not qualify for a TRP.

What you qualify for is a TRV. A TRV is a regular visitor visa that does not entitle you to a work permit.

If your agent is not scamming you - then he would have told you all of the above. Did he tell you all of the above? Did he tell you that a TRP is only given to people who are inadmissible to Canada?

Again - SCAM.

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
Again - this is a scam. Everything about this is wrong.

TRPs are very difficult to get. They are available only to individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime. Are you currently inadmissible to Canada due to a crime?

You almost certainly do not qualify for a TRP.

What you qualify for is a TRV. A TRV is a regular visitor visa that does not entitle you to a work permit.

If your agent is not scamming you - then he would have told you all of the above. Did he tell you all of the above? Did he tell you that a TRP is only given to people who are inadmissible to Canada?

Again - SCAM.
Thank you so much Scylla for advising me.
Nope he has not explained me about it. Now after getting replies from you professionals, I have to rethink about the offer that he had made.

But also I am wondering how he sent the other candidates to Canada via the same process!!!

Thank you so much for your valuable time and guidance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much Scylla for advising me.
Nope he has not explained me about it. Now after getting replies from you professionals, I have to rethink about the offer that he had made.

But also I am wondering how he sent the other candidates to Canada via the same process!!!

Thank you so much for your valuable time and guidance.
None of us are immigration professionals. We are all normal people like you. We just know a lot about the immigration process.

You are being told lies about the people he has sent to Canada. That's the simple answer.

If it was this easy to get a work permit in Canada - everyone would be here. Don't give him any money - this is a scam.

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
None of us are immigration professionals. We are all normal people like you. We just know a lot about the immigration process.

You are being told lies about the people he has sent to Canada. That's the simple answer.

If it was this easy to get a work permit in Canada - everyone would be here. Don't give him any money - this is a scam.
Again Scylla thank u for sparing me your valuable time. I respect it. But still I have some doubts in my mind. He had made all the payments through the CIC website and ehatever has shown there, he made that much payment only and that also through my own credit card!!! Wasnt that something different??? And he told me that he have no fees to get me there and whatever he gets, that will be from the company whever I am going to be posted. I dont know what and how. But this is true. Because he told me to open the cic website in my laptop and guided me throughout all the payments. I have not given him a single penny as any type of fees. So still I am wondering how is this possible that soneone can cheat and take my money when I am making payment in cic website!!! And that also official!!!

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019

Also I want to inform you that, among that immigrants one is my best friend who went there by the same process and is working now in Canada. He has got his work permit for 2 years. And that also only 2 months before.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also I want to inform you that, among that immigrants one is my best friend who went there by the same process and is working now in Canada. He has got his work permit for 2 years. And that also only 2 months before.
In that case I would say there was some kind of fraud or misrepresentation committed to make this happen. I would stay very far away from this - because sooner or later IRCC will catch up to this. But obviously your call.

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
In that case I would say there was some kind of fraud or misrepresentation committed to make this happen. I would stay very far away from this - because sooner or later IRCC will catch up to this. But obviously your call.
Ya i agree... But now when I got a call then i raised the alarm. Because from last 7 years I am trying to come to Canada. Even I got 8 bands in IELTS then also I failed to make it. I am a Graduate and having more than 10 years of experience in same field... But now this... Dont you think that right person like me is trying hard to get an opportunity in legal way and people are making it easily without any effort!! And that also illegally!!! Its just annoying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ya i agree... But now when I got a call then i raised the alarm. Because from last 7 years I am trying to come to Canada. Even I got 8 bands in IELTS then also I failed to make it. I am a Graduate and having more than 10 years of experience in same field... But now this... Dont you think that right person like me is trying hard to get an opportunity in legal way and people are making it easily without any effort!! And that also illegally!!! Its just annoying.
Report them.

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
Report them.
Canuk_in_uk why should i report when your government is allowing such things?? Since 7 years I was trying it legally and now I think I also have to try it in illegal way. Now I dont believe on your system which allows every illegal person to enter and every legal person applications are rejected...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Now I dont believe on your system which allows every illegal person to enter and every legal person applications are rejected...
The above simply isn't true.

Anyway - obviously your choice what you do and it sounds like you've made your decision.

redfox_2000

Sep 20, 2019
The above simply isn't true.

Anyway - obviously your choice what you do and it sounds like you've made your decision.
Scylla, i respect your words and time. But unfortunately its the only truth. And yes I made my mind. If its possible then try to stop me.