+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it OK if we have scored less in IELTS and meet the eligibility?

Nawgee

Jan 10, 2015
Hi Friends,

I have following IELTS score.

L: 6
R:6
W:5
S:6.5
Total Band: 6

And also, I have more than year Canadian work experience (NOC-2174) and with total IT experience about 9 years. When I checked the eligibility criteria at "Determine your eligibility" on CIC website, it says I am eligible and created reference number which can be used while creating Profile.

Please help me, whether I can go with the creation of profile as my eligible check is passed or still I need to re-write IELTS?

If I can go ahead with current IETLTS score, and will there any possibility to update IELTS scores when I re-write IELTS in future in the case of my profile will not be picked for PR for long time?

Your suggestions are highly appreciable

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Nawgee said:
Hi Friends,

And also, I have more than year Canadian work experience (NOC-2174) and with total IT experience about 9 years. When I checked the eligibility criteria at "Determine your eligibility" on CIC website, it says I am eligible and created reference number which can be used while creating Profile.

Please help me, whether I can go with the creation of profile as my eligible check is passed or still I need to re-write IELTS?

If I can go ahead with current IETLTS score, and will there any possibility to update IELTS scores when I re-write IELTS in future in the case of my profile will not be picked for PR for long time?

Hey

I tried your score on "determine your eligibility" and it told me ineligible. Your NOC is skill level A - maybe try again?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Nawgee said:
Hi Friends,

For FSW and CEC for your skill level, the minimum IELTS score required is 6 in each band. So, since you haven't made that cutoff, you are not eligible to apply under express entry at all. YOu should retake the test and get a better score to be eligible.

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
Hello

Listening:6.5
Reading:6.0
Writing:6.0
Speaking:6.5
//Overall:6.5

Do you think that this IELTS score is enough for express entry?

Thank you in advance for the answer!

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Balchev said:
Hello

Listening:6.5
Reading:6.0
Writing:6.0
Speaking:6.5
//Overall:6.5

Do you think that this IELTS score is enough for express entry?

Thank you in advance for the answer!
It's enough to enter the express entry pool provided you meet other requirements. Whether it's enough to get an ITA depends on your final CRS points. Calculate your score from the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
joelmath said:
It's enough to enter the express entry pool provided you meet other requirements. Whether it's enough to get an ITA depends on your final CRS points. Calculate your score from the link below
Thank you for the very quick anwer. Interesting enough when i try the online eligible test, i got not eligible.
If i get higher IELTS score does it really help me with the scores at the end?
Thank you.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
I suggest that you should try and increase your IELTS score. It is very vital in boosting your points, and making the process relatively faster (by securing an ITA).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nawgee said:
Hi Friends,

You can try the SINP Occupations in Demand stream when it reopens next year. It is not through Express Entry. The IELTS passing mark is minimal, about a 4 or 5 in each section.

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/occupations-in-demand

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
thatguy56 said:
I suggest that you should try and increase your IELTS score. It is very vital in boosting your points, and making the process relatively faster (by securing an ITA).
Thank you.
Do u think its possible to update the new results even after we already applied for the program?
Something like mid process?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Balchev said:
Thank you.
Do u think its possible to update the new results even after we already applied for the program?
Something like mid process?
Yes you can update your scores after creating EE profile..IELTS score have a huge impact on CRS scores. You should try retaking IELTS to improve your score. There is insufficient information here to understand why your profile is ineligible.

Please review the links below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

All the best.

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
joelmath said:
Yes you can update your scores after creating EE profile..IELTS score have a huge impact on CRS scores. You should try retaking IELTS to improve your score. There is insufficient information here to understand why your profile is ineligible.
Thank you for the reply.
Is it right to say that im getting some extra points from my age? I'm 27 and as far as i know i'm getting 100 points for that which is 5 more than the next 95.And the difference between CLB7 and CLB8 is 7 points if im understood that right..
Do i think right or just making stuff up here?
Thanks again

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Balchev said:
Thank you for the reply.
Is it right to say that im getting some extra points from my age? I'm 27 and as far as i know i'm getting 100 points for that which is 5 more than the next 95.And the difference between CLB7 and CLB8 is 7 points if im understood that right..
Do i think right or just making stuff up here?
Thanks again
u

Hi instead of guessing points for different sections you can get confirmation as well as breakdown if you fill up all entries here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Also language scores come into play in skill transferability section as well so best is to get the breakdown from the CRS tool.

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
joelmath said:
u

Hi instead of guessing points for different sections you can get confirmation as well as breakdown if you fill up all entries here:

Also language scores come into play in skill transferability section as well so best is to get the breakdown from the CRS tool.
Thank you once again.Best wishes!